Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Hoverboards Suggestion

• 16 posts
    March 22, 2017 1:10 PM PDT

Have any of you guys contacted Max about this? Plus In the First game he was planning on implementing Boats. Even though he never added it he might be planning to add it sometime in the future. I would put this to bed until Max announces if he's adding something to the game. But for now talk away.

• 254 posts
    March 22, 2017 1:45 PM PDT

Sydicate said:

for this to enter gravity maybe should have to go (honestly i dont mind about that)

You mean turn off the gravity? Why? It would just be a matter of setting parameters for the hoverboard.

Player is "attached" to board. Board is allowed to go X-speed @ Y-height for Z-time.

The jet is used in a similar manner, though obviously it doesn't matter how long that's used, and gravity isn't turned off for that.

• 33 posts
    March 23, 2017 1:49 PM PDT

Idc about the physics or how real it is,  but what I do care about are the game mechanics. And hoverboards... won't fit.

• March 23, 2017 4:56 PM PDT

BlueDragonFire said:

Sydicate said:

for this to enter gravity maybe should have to go (honestly i dont mind about that)

You mean turn off the gravity? Why? It would just be a matter of setting parameters for the hoverboard.

Player is "attached" to board. Board is allowed to go X-speed @ Y-height for Z-time.

The jet is used in a similar manner, though obviously it doesn't matter how long that's used, and gravity isn't turned off for that.

board+gravity would make this not a fast pacedfps but rather a light speed one

• 328 posts
    March 23, 2017 7:13 PM PDT

xBlessed said:

Have any of you guys contacted Max about this? Plus In the First game he was planning on implementing Boats. Even though he never added it he might be planning to add it sometime in the future. I would put this to bed until Max announces if he's adding something to the game. But for now talk away.

AFAIK Boats were part of FPS kit 3.0 or an extension of them. But Max stopped working on FPS kit 3.0 (which is going to be used for Warmerise 2) and started to create a new kit from scratch.

FPS kit 3.0 was outdated considering how far Unity has come along and it was still using the legacy OnGUI instead of UGUI. Hopefully fps kit 4 will be updated and have more **options** for a futuristic game.

IMO, this *hoverboard* suggestion should be added in Warmerise 2 instead of this version of Warmerise.

This is what I've so far on Warmerise 2:

Might be using boats
    Better graphics (For sure)
    New Weapons
    Gravity gun can be replaced with hoverboard
    Custom Maps and skins
    WebGL
    No more Red vs Blue (Hopefully)
    Jet ship and hummer might get replaced with something else
    Probably new player models and animations 

This post was edited by Zero at March 23, 2017 7:14 PM PDT
  • March 24, 2017 7:54 AM PDT

Zero said:

xBlessed said:

AFAIK Boats were part of FPS kit 3.0 or an extension of them. But Max stopped working on FPS kit 3.0 (which is going to be used for Warmerise 2) and started to create a new kit from scratch.

FPS kit 3.0 was outdated considering how far Unity has come along and it was still using the legacy OnGUI instead of UGUI. Hopefully fps kit 4 will be updated and have more **options** for a futuristic game.

IMO, this *hoverboard* suggestion should be added in Warmerise 2 instead of this version of Warmerise.

Might be using boats
    New Weapons
    Custom Maps and skins
    WebGL

+1 I liked No more Red Vs Blue instead it would be better Alpha vs Bravo or something else...

+1 Better graphics is good idea but that can increase the lag a little bit

-1 WebGL its ugly idea because the WebGL is more laggy than the Unity Web Player

+1 New player models and animations ( i want it to be futuristic)

This post was edited by Deleted Member at March 24, 2017 7:54 AM PDT
  • March 24, 2017 9:34 AM PDT

Zero said:

xBlessed said:

Might be using boats
    New Weapons
    Custom Maps and skins
    WebGL

were did you get all of this info?

• 328 posts
    March 24, 2017 5:27 PM PDT
    @syndicate
    Common sense + talking to Max
    • 998 posts
    March 24, 2017 6:46 PM PDT

Zero said:

Might be using boats
    New Weapons
    Custom Maps and skins
    WebGL

Most of the info above is not true.
    BoatController is a side project that I was working on and it was never a part of FPS Kit 3.0.
    And speaking of FPS Kit 3.0, it's a template project I created long time ago to make multiplayer mobile games, it has been discontinued later because I didn't have time to continue working on it. (But it's not related to Warmerise in any manner)

Regarding hoverboard suggestion, I like the idea and will consider implementing it in future.
    I will continue with regular updates once WebGL platform reach the point where it's supported by most browsers (hopefully this summer)

• 328 posts
    March 24, 2017 7:35 PM PDT

Max said:

Zero said:

Might be using boats
    New Weapons
    Custom Maps and skins
    WebGL

Most of the info above is not true.
    BoatController is a side project that I was working on and it was never a part of FPS Kit 3.0.
    And speaking of FPS Kit 3.0, it's a template project I created long time ago to make multiplayer mobile games, it has been discontinued later because I didn't have time to continue working on it. (But it's not related to Warmerise in any manner)

Regarding hoverboard suggestion, I like the idea and will consider implementing it in future.
    I will continue with regular updates once WebGL platform reach the point where it's supported by most browsers (hopefully this summer)

So you are suggesting that Warmerise 2 won't have:

Might be using boats (implied "might" and "Boats were part of FPS kit 3.0 or an extension of them" I didn't see any boat controller in fps kit 3.0 because it got removed later on from nsdesign store so I guess you are right. I don't have much knowledge about boat controller)
    Better Graphics (Almost every newer version of game has better graphics)
    New Weapons (New Warmerise but no new weapons?)
    Custom Maps/Skins (Custom maps, you said so yourself but said you might add them)
    Webgl platform (As you said before that you will add Warmerise next to play now)
    No more Red vs Blue (Hopefully) (still keeping it red vs blue? Red vs blue is fairly old)
    Jet ship and hummer might get replaced with something else (You will be keeping them? )
    Probably new player models and animations  (Again new Warmerise but no new animations/models?)
    Gravity gun can be replaced with hoverboard ( You can't have gravity gun with hoverboard? Both serve almost the same purpose)

So almost no change whatsoever in Warmerise 2?

This post was edited by Zero at March 24, 2017 7:36 PM PDT
    • 998 posts
    March 24, 2017 10:22 PM PDT

Zero said:

Might be using boats (implied "might" and "Boats were part of FPS kit 3.0 or an extension of them" I didn't see any boat controller in fps kit 3.0 because it got removed later on from nsdesign store so I guess you are right. I don't have much knowledge about boat controller)
    Custom Maps/Skins (Custom maps, you said so yourself but said you might add them)
    Webgl platform (As you said before that you will add Warmerise next to play now)
    No more Red vs Blue (Hopefully) (still keeping it red vs blue? Red vs blue is fairly old)
    Jet ship and hummer might get replaced with something else (You will be keeping them? )
    Probably new player models and animations  (Again new Warmerise but no new animations/models?)
    Gravity gun can be replaced with hoverboard ( You can't have gravity gun with hoverboard? Both serve almost the same purpose)

According to your answer you got that info from: "Common sense + talking to Max"
    But I never said anything that was included in your post.
    Even about Warmerise 2, I only commented once that I might consider doing another game, even though I never said what type of the game and whether it will be a sequel for Warmerise or a completely different game.

This post was edited by Admin at March 24, 2017 10:23 PM PDT
    • 328 posts
    March 25, 2017 9:18 AM PDT

Max said:

Zero said:

According to your answer you got that info from: "Common sense + talking to Max"
    But I never said anything that was included in your post.
    Even about Warmerise 2, I only commented once that I might consider doing another game, even though I never said what type of the game and whether it will be a sequel for Warmerise or a completely different game.

Hm, next time I'll make sure i keep screenshots of our conversations.

• 610 posts
    March 25, 2017 9:23 AM PDT

BlueDragonFire, i love your idea. It would be an epic addition to Warmerise. :D