Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise WebGL

This topic has been closed.
    • 998 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:15 PM PST

WebGL version of Warmerise is finally here.
    Note that WebGL is a relatively new platform and it still being actively developed so bugs and issues are inevitable at this point.

Here is a list of known issues:

- Performance is around 50% lower compared to Unity Web Player (Will be improved in the future)
    - Audio sometimes may be slightly distorted
    - Final screen doesn't work at the moment (Going to investigate this bug)
    - Some maps has not been ported yet, such as T-Pile, SnowyCanyon and TheRoad (Those will be ported soon)
    - Due to the way networking is handled in WebGL, ping will be 2x higher compared to Unity Web Player (This will probably be improved in future updates)
    - Screen resolution can't be changed at the moment (When in fullscreen it will use the highest possible resolution)
    - Mouse sensitivity will feel much higher than before so pick a lower value

Also here is list of changes added in this version:

- Reduced camera drop when running in 3rd person mode
    - Added prediction trail for a WarriorBow (Pressing fire will show where arrow will land)
    - Walking sound is now 50% quieter when crouching
    - Changed JetShip location on SkyGates (Now it's on the roof of the central building)

Update 1:

- Fixed most of the crashes, the game should be more stable now
    - Added support for WebAssembly, which will drastically improve performance (Not all browsers support WebAssembly yet)
    - Due to some bugs in Unity Engine, spinning sound for Mini-G has been temporary disabled, GravityGun charging sound also has been altered (it is now static instead of gradual rise). These changes are temporary untill the bug is fixed.
    - JetShip engine sound is now static aswell

For best performance make sure that your browser support WebAssembly

To check if your browser support WebAssembly check this page: http://webassembly.org/demo/ 
    If you see "Your browser doesn't support WebAssembly yet..." then try a different browser.

Play WebGL version here: http://warmerise.com/Warmerise/ProductionWebGL/PlayerData/

This post was edited by Admin at August 12, 2017 7:45 PM PDT
    • 84 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:21 PM PST

- Changed JetShip location on SkyGates (Now it's on the roof of the central building)

Doesn't this mean that only players with the gravity gun weapon can get to the ship? Players might be able to jump onto the building, but it would be too slow, and any gravity gunner can get to it faster, meaning that they will probably be the ones getting it almost everytime.

This post was edited by CaptainJoseph at March 8, 2017 9:21 PM PST
    • 998 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:23 PM PST

CaptainJoseph said:

Doesn't this mean that only players with the gravity gun weapon can get to the ship? Players might be able to jump onto the building, but it would be too slow, and any gravity gunner can get to it faster, meaning that they will probably be the ones getting it almost everytime.

Nope there is a way to get on roof without Gravity (That's for you to discover how)

• 84 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:28 PM PST

I'll donate $50k if you tell me instead. I haven't played skygates in a while and I'm scared that if I enter skygates I will never be able to leave the match. I'm just going to assume there's a latter lol.

Edit: Just payed someone else $55k instead and showed me how to do it xD

This post was edited by CaptainJoseph at March 8, 2017 9:38 PM PST
    • 259 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:31 PM PST

I have found a way to get up to the jet.

This post was edited by mattyspectrum at March 8, 2017 9:35 PM PST
    • 33 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:33 PM PST

I approve of this message. o3o

• 259 posts
    March 8, 2017 10:09 PM PST

The error

Also in nuke mode me and RaMa tested to see if both blue and red dies, the result is red is the only that gets killed, blue surives.

This post was edited by mattyspectrum at March 8, 2017 10:31 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    March 9, 2017 2:47 AM PST

pls I am from Hong Kong when I open the link I only can see a server and two people connect the pig is 917

• 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 2:59 AM PST
    @Chicken .. thats normal ... Because WebGL version and Unity version are not running a common server... Both are run independently.
    And since almost everyone prefers to use the unity version... there is hardly any player playing on your WebGL grounds..
    • 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 3:13 AM PST
    Feedback on WebGL:
    WebGL. UnityPlayer
    Ping: 200-300. 200-300
    (No change for me atleast)
    FPS: 25-30. 80-120
    (Greatly reduced)
    -----------------+++++-------------------
    Side notes:
    Graphics looks and feels better.
    Bullet lines are sometimes missing.
    Nuke mode has bugs.
    WebGL chrashes after sometime.
    The game sounds a little different but I think I like that.
    • 328 posts
    March 9, 2017 3:27 AM PST
    Webgl and unity web player use the same server. Or I should say app ID.
    They are not running on different servers.
    • 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 3:31 AM PST
    @Zero
    Yes thats right but they are run seperately from the same server.. thats why you will not get the access to servers(game server) made by someone using unity web player.
    Thats what I meant.
    This post was edited by RaMa at March 9, 2017 3:34 AM PST
  • March 9, 2017 3:54 AM PST

But i dont understand why its so Slow!!!

• 328 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:07 AM PST
    What @Rama
    If the game is using the same app ID then the rooms should display on both game version.
    That is how photon works.
    I tested it with my game, people who were on webgl could play with players who were using PC version.
  • Hax
    • 28 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:54 AM PST

First off, much appreciated with the trajectory marker on the WarriorBow. It will take some getting use to but I think its a good compromise. 

I went ahead and tested WebGL version. I'm using a Mac and I have no sound, nor is it letting me go full screen for some reason. 

• 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 6:19 AM PST
    @Zero
    Perhaps they are not using the exact same ID.
    Kind of like dual versions of the same game.I can say this because I have tested it at the same time on the same pc. Also the warmerise on webGL got some nice tweeks to some maps.Also some maps are not ported yes.So yes they definately are different versions.
    This post was edited by RaMa at March 9, 2017 6:19 AM PST
    • 4 posts
    March 9, 2017 7:06 AM PST

So what am I doing wrong? when I try loading in on any server im stopped and told to install unity player again which doesnt help. If I use link previded here I load game but I show no loaded maps or no other players. Also Max can you answer friend request. I feel like im in a time warp and went back 3-4 years because did you restart game and loss everything? 1.5 - 2 years ago I was in top 100 and there was ten times the players. im not sure I have the energy to do that again. thanks 

• 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 7:12 AM PST
    You are not doing anything wrong...
    As for your first problem..try using safari or any other browser that still supports NPAPI module.

And about the thing with 0 players connected...it is what it is ... I mean there is literally zero players connected since nobody is willing to use webGL version.
    Everyone is clinging back with the unity web player.So if you want to play with others you have to use the non WebGL version of warmerise where you can find few gaming servers.
    This post was edited by RaMa at March 9, 2017 7:29 AM PST
    • 4 posts
    March 9, 2017 7:20 AM PST

Real so no one is on? crazy ok I can tell already you could be a big help to me. thank you for reply

• 48 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:12 AM PST

HOW TO FIX THIS?!

• 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:16 AM PST

@Bendito

Sorry bro you cannot play warmerise on webGL. You pc specs is low (mainly due to RAM insufficience to be exact)

• 48 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:20 AM PST

RaMa said:

@Bendito

Sorry bro you cannot play warmerise on webGL. You pc specs is low (mainly due to RAM insufficience to be exact)

these are my specs bro

• 4 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:22 AM PST

Safari is working and has maps loaded. I was hoping all problem where not just me. I just got a new none work needed MSI gaming laptop with over kill in it for this so wasn't sure what was up. Thanks for the help RaMa

• 328 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:32 AM PST
    @bendito your browser is eating your RAM. Try closing background processes and restart browser with barely any plugins running. If not use another browser.
    • 141 posts
    March 9, 2017 9:09 AM PST
    @Bendito ...
    LOL your windows experience index is 3.2
    with that Processor and that much RAM.
    What is bottlenecking your index?
    Send a screenshot of all the scores after re-running your assessment.
    Mine processor and RAM are similar to yours but I have WEI of 7.1
    This post was edited by RaMa at March 9, 2017 9:11 AM PST