Forums » General

Warmerise league?

• April 11, 2017 6:53 AM PDT

Im coming from competitive TF2, which has its own european league (ETF2L). I've started to play this game since yesterday (at the time when this post was made), and i came to my mind: Why there isn't a league for Warmerise? Of course, there would be a ton of problems at the start (like what type of gamemode are we running? 4v4? 8v8?) and and any sort of connection to the players (a Discord server or own forum thing or a website might help).

• 283 posts
    April 11, 2017 10:33 AM PDT
    Actually, there have been a few attempts made to start leagues, and some even went successful (surprisingly lol)
    On August 2015, Warmerise moderators hosted a tournament for clans and it went really successful. TheMercenary of Evilspirit won the final against Murder.Inc. Both clans are still running.
    Another successful attempt was made by Erlaanz and Aiim who came up with the WWC; Warmerise World Championship and later, more organizers were assigned to help out (I was one of 'em) and the Quarter final, semi final, and the Final Match were streamed on YouTube by Chronospectrum, who did commentary on matches, with my contribution in it. The winning and the runner up team were rewarded with in-game cash also. The WWC discord server is still there as a memory, no one ever talks there now. The recorded videos of matches are not available on YouTube anymore I think. My cringy video is still there if you wanna watch lol.
    We (WWC organizers) had plans to arrange a 2v2 tournament but unfortunately Warmerise closed. And now that it reopened, accounts are gone and we're again reestablishing ourselves. The current activity of this community isn't enough for a successful league. Hopefully in near future, when we will have more players, leagues will surely be held.
    There were also in-clan leagues like the 2v2 tournament in 69 clan and if I'm not wrong, Murder.Inc also had some sort of such activity before Warmerise closed. (Regarding that 1 hour long video they uploaded xD)

This post was edited by DeathBringer908 at April 11, 2017 10:39 AM PDT
  • April 11, 2017 10:49 AM PDT

so what you are saying is that there is a huge (or a small) chance that there is going to be a league for Warmerise?

• 283 posts
    April 11, 2017 11:35 AM PDT
    There are no assigned staff members or any special group to arrange leagues for us. We have to do it on our own by cooperating with each other and putting our time to organize it. So it depends on our own will, we can have a league if we (majority) want to and whenever we want to. As with time, people come up with such leagues but most of them go bogus. As regarding your question, there's specifically no such plan by anyone or any group for a league, but I'm pretty much positive about expecting such plans to arise in near future. I personally will contribute to it. However at the moment, as I mentioned earlier, the community isn't active and the game itself is unstable because of getting ported to WebGL. It's actually hanging between Unity and WebGL. Most people cannot even play the game. So until the game gets stable (hopefully in a few months), we'll be having our foresight out for leagues :)
  • April 11, 2017 11:52 AM PDT

DeathBringer908 said: There are no assigned staff members or any special group to arrange leagues for us. We have to do it on our own by cooperating with each other and putting our time to organize it. So it depends on our own will, we can have a league if we (majority) want to and whenever we want to. As with time, people come up with such leagues but most of them go bogus. As regarding your question, there's specifically no such plan by anyone or any group for a league, but I'm pretty much positive about expecting such plans to arise in near future. I personally will contribute to it. However at the moment, as I mentioned earlier, the community isn't active and the game itself is unstable because of getting ported to WebGL. It's actually hanging between Unity and WebGL. Most people cannot even play the game. So until the game gets stable (hopefully in a few months), we'll be having our foresight out for leagues :)

so that means everyone can contribute to a specific league or a tournament? like casting?

• 283 posts
    April 12, 2017 3:18 AM PDT
    Everyone can contribute to start a tournament. If you start a tournament, you'll be the one to control it and allow anyone to contribute in it. Once a team of organizers is set, they'll chose whether to let any other person to contribute in it or not.
    • 609 posts
    April 12, 2017 4:21 AM PDT

i've tried to organize one for the summer vacation, time more people will be around, however the cheer dimension was too much for me, i was working alone, if you want we can assemble a team, maybe trying to do smth really great, aim a little higher

so what do u say?

• 66 posts
    April 14, 2017 8:28 AM PDT

id love a league it would give me a reson to get better if we could get max to suppoert it maby we could get him to give a prize of xp or cash or a skin or something

• 66 posts
    April 14, 2017 8:32 AM PDT

and i would glady support or help start one

• 65 posts
    April 15, 2017 3:04 PM PDT

Interesting idea...