the current STG-12 (The Shotgun) is very weak...it needs a buff

current specs:

fire rate: 1

recoil: Maximum

bullet spread: 12

head damage: 17

torso damage: 11

limbs damage: 9

I suggest a decrease in recoil, and an increase of the fire rate and torso damage, pls let me know your opinions below.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at April 14, 2017 5:09 AM PDT
  • April 15, 2017 3:35 AM PDT

couldn´t agree more, it actually needs a makeover

• 507 posts
    April 15, 2017 8:15 PM PDT

SHOTGUN LESSON TIME

The stats listed are correct, but it's worth mentioning that each time you pull the trigger, 9 pellets are fired. So when it says that a headshot is 17 damage, that's actually 17 PER PELLET, for a total of 17x9= 153 damage which is enough to kill someone 1.5 times. 

Here's a total damage chart, assuming 100% of the pellets land on each target:

• Headshot damage: 153
    • Torso damage: 99
    • Limb damage: 81

Players have 100 health, and there's no way to get any higher than that, which means that in order for the shotgun to kill someone, you need to hit at least 1 pellet to the head.

The shotgun fires at a rate of about 1 trigger pull per second, which means that if it takes two hits to kill someone, then you'll need to spend two seconds taking those shots. This is REALLY important. If you don't kill someone on the first shot, then you'll need to take a full second to try again. During that second of rechambering time, your target will probably now dodge you, which means that they now have almost a full second to get out of the way and start to shoot back. 

HOW TO SHOTGUNS 101

1) Aim for the upper torso, so that most hit the chest and maybe a few hit the head. 

2) Be close range! If you aren't close enough to reach out and touch your your opponent, then you aren't close enough to kill him.

3) Pick your targets! Engaging a group of people is a REALLY stupid idea. Engaging a target who knows where you are is also a stupid idea. Look for people with no idea where you are, and sneak up on them for the easiest kill. 

4) Abuse corners! Corners act as cover that basically forces your opponent to come closer to you if you retreat around it. Use this, and bait an enemy toward you!

With all that said, I do have some...

SUGGESTED BALANCE CHANGES

• The damage on torso hits should go up a bit so that a good solid 9 pellet torso hit instantly kills.
    • Cone of fire is GREAT where it is, keep that the same.
    • Headshot damage should probably come down a little? If not, it's not the end of the world.

Oh and one final sidenote, if you're complaning about recoil on this gun, then you definitely need to rethink how you're using it.

• April 16, 2017 4:26 AM PDT

Chronospectrum said:

SHOTGUN LESSON TIME

The stats listed are correct, but it's worth mentioning that each time you pull the trigger, 9 pellets are fired. So when it says that a headshot is 17 damage, that's actually 17 PER PELLET, for a total of 17x9= 153 damage which is enough to kill someone 1.5 times. 

Here's a total damage chart, assuming 100% of the pellets land on each target:

• Headshot damage: 153
    • Torso damage: 99
    • Limb damage: 81

Players have 100 health, and there's no way to get any higher than that, which means that in order for the shotgun to kill someone, you need to hit at least 1 pellet to the head.

The shotgun fires at a rate of about 1 trigger pull per second, which means that if it takes two hits to kill someone, then you'll need to spend two seconds taking those shots. This is REALLY important. If you don't kill someone on the first shot, then you'll need to take a full second to try again. During that second of rechambering time, your target will probably now dodge you, which means that they now have almost a full second to get out of the way and start to shoot back. 

HOW TO SHOTGUNS 101

1) Aim for the upper torso, so that most hit the chest and maybe a few hit the head. 

2) Be close range! If you aren't close enough to reach out and touch your your opponent, then you aren't close enough to kill him.

3) Pick your targets! Engaging a group of people is a REALLY stupid idea. Engaging a target who knows where you are is also a stupid idea. Look for people with no idea where you are, and sneak up on them for the easiest kill. 

4) Abuse corners! Corners act as cover that basically forces your opponent to come closer to you if you retreat around it. Use this, and bait an enemy toward you!

With all that said, I do have some...

SUGGESTED BALANCE CHANGES

• The damage on torso hits should go up a bit so that a good solid 9 pellet torso hit instantly kills.
    • Cone of fire is GREAT where it is, keep that the same.
    • Headshot damage should probably come down a little? If not, it's not the end of the world.

Oh and one final sidenote, if you're complaning about recoil on this gun, then you definitely need to rethink how you're using it.

thx! really apreciate

i see now i didnt know how to use it properly

btw when i say to lower recoil its just a bit...nothing big

• April 16, 2017 8:17 AM PDT

used to be higher before it got nerfed.,..:P

• April 21, 2017 8:30 PM PDT
    stfu redbaron
  • April 21, 2017 9:42 PM PDT

Well thats late. 0_0

• 4 posts
    May 18, 2017 9:59 AM PDT

that stuff i read is awesome!