How to fix Warmerise

• 264 posts
    May 13, 2017 2:28 PM PDT

chronospectrum said:

good reads :)

STERBEN99 said:
    usp->+1 the 20 clip idea
    -1 to increasing firerate

Trap mine->my suggestion (idk if you're saying the same) take time to the mine actually deploy and activate

Jet->totally agree
    maybe add a slower or fewer missiles and add a seconday weapon to it, machinegun like in the humvee, aimable to were you would want, this would also implicate a little changes on the controls

-can you expand on why you disagree with the USP being an automatic sidearm?
    -Yes, that is what I suggested for the trapmine.
    -Asking for a machine gun turret is being a little greedy for the jet. That kind of thing is not easy to make. Honestly, if there were a viable counterweapon to the jet it would be almost completely balanced as it is.

i disagree with the change on a fully automatic secondary USP40 mainly because i believe it would be the oppostite of what you want, unbalence, IF you had to that a reduction on the dmg, fine by me

• 276 posts
    May 13, 2017 2:35 PM PDT

I agree, but I never suggested that I wanted that. I don't know if I explained poorly or if you misunderstood (or both), so let me try again: I never wanted the damage to be changed, I think 7 is actually alright. What I want is for the colliders that the flamethrower shoots to go farther away from the player before despawning. I also want the colliders and the flame particles to be smaller so that it looks more like this and less like this. Hopefully that makes sense!

Ah, probably I miss understood but I see what you mean. Makes sense to me.

Making the tomahawks take time to throw gives the target a chance to retaliate. If it takes a half-second to throw a tomahawk, that's a half second that the target has to put some damage into the thrower and make their aim go all over the place due to the recoil, if not outright kill the person. If you read the very first goal I listed in my post, I want to encourage weapon diversity. That means making every weapon usable in specific situations. Dropping the Tomahawk to 50 damage a) wouldn't kill anyone because 50*2<101 HP and b) will make them outright worse than the trapmines, and possibly the grenades. I like the tomahawks as a concept, but they need to be balanced instead of being nerfed into oblivion. I'll touch on your gravity points later.

I implied 50*2 thing because I was assuming one wouldn't be using Toma to kill players that are afk, it would work in situation such as if a opponent already has lost some health in advance. I don't know if adding that would be that beneficial however adding a certain curve when throwing toma would be great.

If it was going to be OP with a reload reduction, it would be just as common now as the Carbine/G36. As it stands, the Blast is worse than both of these guns. I made these a while back, they're graphs of how long it takes to empty one magazine and how long it takes to reload. Note that the Blast dumps a magazine faster than any other weapon and also takes the longest to reload(well it almost ties the carbine), despite doing less DPS than the other big two.

KUDOS ON DOING THE GRAPH! That makes perfect sense now. Even though it's been a long time since I've played with g36 and carbine which is why I wasn't able to tell that difference. I totally am supportive of that idea. Thanks for clarification.

What's stopping you from doing that now? My RPG changes aren't the problem in this scenario, the fact that it's possible to farm XP in a private server is the problem. An exploit in the game is no reason to willfully ignore weapon imbalance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but gaining XP in private TDM servers is now disabled. This needs to be expanded to all private servers, in my opinion. "but wait!" I hear you say, "What about sky?!?!?!?!1?!?" I have numerous complanints about sky, none of which I'll get into here, but it does raise a good point: Do we eliminate the ability to earn XP in private Elim servers? I don't know the answer to that one, admittedly.

It is time consuming increasing damage for vehicles will make it easier to get kills and farm xp. I thought there was a limit added for getting XP in private servers but I wasn't aware that it was completely eliminated? If we do eliminate earing XP in private that will prevent XP farm.

What map is SC? Snowy Canyon? (Is that even a map?)

You're not wrong. The gravity won't cause any framerate lag. If someone is having network lag and using the gravity then they'll ruberband around a lot and be really annoying to hit. That one I can confirm myself. Also, I have taken physics as well, which puts me in a pretty good position to call you out on that claim. Taking a phyiscs class has no relevance to this conversation.

Well the user brought up physics and using all those terms making it sound as if I wasn't aware of how physics works. I've no interest in bringing physics in this conversation but I didn't want to completely ignore what the user had to say about their physics knowledge. Network lag is the users own problem.

The whole point of the debate was why Gravity shouldn't be removed and I admit it went a little off topic but hopefully I did change the person's pov.

• 68 posts
    May 13, 2017 2:47 PM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

i disagree with the change on a fully automatic secondary USP40 mainly because i believe it would be the oppostite of what you want, unbalence, IF you had to that a reduction on the dmg, fine by me

I'm still not sure I understand you. How exactly would it be unbalanced? 

I want it to be a panic button basically. Useless as a primary, but very valuable when you're out of primary ammo. I guess I placed it in the opposite role the Revolver fills: a low damage, high RoF weapon with limited magazines to keep it from being overused. 

Zero said:

I implied 50*2 thing because I was assuming one wouldn't be using Toma to kill players that are afk, it would work in situation such as if a opponent already has lost some health in advance. I don't know if adding that would be that beneficial however adding a certain curve when throwing toma would be great.

In theory, 51 damage models work. They're a large amount of damage, and that should get you more kills on damaged enemies. The problem is that enemies are often full health, near full, near dead, or dead. Think of how often you hit someone in the torso with a plasma. How many of those times to people actually die? Probably more in elimination, now that I think about it actually. Hm, interesing.

Zero said:

It is time consuming increasing damage for vehicles will make it easier to get kills and farm xp. I thought there was a limit added for getting XP in private servers but I wasn't aware that it was completely eliminated? If we do eliminate earing XP in private that will prevent XP farm.

Exactly, if you can't use it to farm XP in private, the changes I suggested work. I actually had to look up the version that got fixed in, it was version 2.3.2

Zero said:

What map is SC? Snowy Canyon? (Is that even a map?)

Yes and yes respectively lol

Zero said:

Well the user brought up physics and using all those terms making it sound as if I wasn't aware of how physics works. I've no interest in bringing physics in this conversation but I didn't want to completely ignore what the user had to say about their physics knowledge. Network lag is the users own problem.

The whole point of the debate was why Gravity shouldn't be removed and I admit it went a little off topic but hopefully I did change the person's pov.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound as agressive about the physics thing as I did, now that I re-read it. Like I said, you're completely right, just not for reasons they'll teach you in a physics class haha

Off topic discussion are fine(ish) so long as it doesn't get twisted into insults and slapfights. These are really good discussions from both sides of the topic at hand, and I'm happy to see people looking to read what other people think.

• 276 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:18 PM PDT

Been a long time since we had such good discussions in forums and good debates. 

Another thought occured to me. Why not make it so when a user gets hit by Toma their health decreases by 10 or 15 points(?).

Throwing toma at curved angle, on getting hit health gets reduced as the time goes on. The opponent gets to live depending on how much health they have, the user will have to practive their curve and that kinda balances the whole thing, no?

• 264 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:19 PM PDT

chronospectrum said:

STERBEN99 said:

I'm still not sure I understand you. How exactly would it be unbalanced? 

I want it to be a panic button basically. Useless as a primary, but very valuable when you're out of primary ammo. I guess I placed it in the opposite role the Revolver fills: a low damage, high RoF weapon with limited magazines to keep it from being overused. 

forget about what i said, i was thinking the dmg was a lil higer -.-

about the jet, yea, i know its a little greedy one :V

• 264 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:21 PM PDT

Zero said:

Been a long time since we had such good discussions in forums and good debates. 

Another thought occured to me. Why not make it so when a user gets hit by Toma their health decreases by 10 or 15 points(?).

Throwing toma at curved angle, on getting hit health gets reduced as the time goes on. The opponent gets to live depending on how much health they have, the user will have to practive their curve and that kinda balances the whole thing, no?

didn´t understood, can you explain better the curved part pls? about the hp decrease, idk, we maybe had to test it to see how it goes

• May 13, 2017 3:24 PM PDT

@zero, you nearly killed (from laughter) me with that part of the fat person

i'll leave this to the grown ups xd

This post was edited by Deleted Member at May 13, 2017 3:24 PM PDT
    • 276 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:35 PM PDT

@TheArbiter

Thanks for leaving this to the grown ups ;)

@Sterben99

Instead of making the toma do instant damage, make it so when a player gets hit by toma their health decreases by 10 every 5 seconds.

By curved I mean instead of throwing toma straight, add a 45 degree curve to it or make it go like a arch.

• 264 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:36 PM PDT

what about: having only one tomahawk and be able to use it has a knife or if needed, throw it, with a prediction arch like zero said AND some draw time like in the bow?

(so zero you're saying to act like "poison"?hmmm...probablye could work, decrease from 5s to 3s maybe)

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at May 13, 2017 3:45 PM PDT
    • 276 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:47 PM PDT

Chrono suggested prediction arch and draw time. 

I'm suggestion instead of having prediction arch just throw it at an angle. And yes I'm suggesting that it acts like poison.

• 264 posts
    May 13, 2017 4:13 PM PDT

i didn´t read the draw part on chrono post that's way i suggested it, the poison you suggested would actually be pretty cool, but wouldn´t that take some work to do? you're the guy to answer the question xd

but, when you say to throw it in a 45º, that, that would actually take some luck to hit smth wouldn´t? not to mention some maps have some low ceiling making impossible to throw it without getting stuck

still, would love to actually have it in the hand, like the knife and use it as a cqb weapon or throw it (skins to them maybe?) maybe make them a little slower

• 276 posts
    May 13, 2017 4:57 PM PDT

Not really. Instead of doing instant damage you are just adding the player to a dictionary list and removing health from that player until it gets to 0 then remove the player from the dictionary.

(I'm using a programming term there)

For throwing toma at 45, I was thinking why not get a random number between 45 and 90 then throw the toma at that angle. Make it fun you know?

• 15 posts
    May 14, 2017 5:25 AM PDT

idk if making the bullet travel time instantanious on lsgm3 would be enough to balance it

• May 14, 2017 6:13 AM PDT

Cycada said:

idk if making the bullet travel time instantanious on lsgm3 would be enough to balance it

it would, in fact be an improvement, but why not add this, idk if this is a tricky one or not, but, imagine that if you hold the left mouse button it would act like an auto, you could change between an accurate "slower" shot (the current way it is), or a less accurate rapid fire for closer combat (?)

• May 14, 2017 8:00 AM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

i didn´t read the draw part on chrono post that's way i suggested it, the poison you suggested would actually be pretty cool, but wouldn´t that take some work to do? you're the guy to answer the question xd

but, when you say to throw it in a 45º, that, that would actually take some luck to hit smth wouldn´t? not to mention some maps have some low ceiling making impossible to throw it without getting stuck

still, would love to actually have it in the hand, like the knife and use it as a cqb weapon or throw it (skins to them maybe?) maybe make them a little slower

handling the toma like a knife would Inadvertently solve another problem, using the grav to jump close and then insta kill with tomma

the fact that an enemy would to actually change from gravity to toma and even then still gotta draw it to launch it would give a few seconds for the player to counter attack;

to prevent that play of flying near with grav and drop mine while gowing away its simple, don´t allow to drop mines while gravity is on hand (idk if this is possible to do, i mean possible: yes, easy is the question)

-btw is it still possible to shoot the toma with shield on?-

This post was edited by Deleted Member at May 14, 2017 8:01 AM PDT
    • 21 posts
    May 14, 2017 9:48 AM PDT

not sure but i think no

• May 14, 2017 9:59 AM PDT

@chronoSprectrum(?) btw about the auto-side arm

i've talked with some players and by some reason, they didn´t specify why, they say they like USP the way it is

but i also like your idea, so y not kill 1 bird with 2 stones (3 actually)?

keep the current usp and then add another weapon with the specs you said with the model some players asked to make a comeback (the old blastgun-max already got the animations sounds etc-so i don´t see a problem)

with this move max could satisfy those ppl who keep demanding more guns, adding the interesting concept you proposed and recycle an old model that some really like

-btw ppl this is not a "lets keep ask for more guns" thread i just offered a simple solution to chrono idea in a way that could satisfy more people, so pardon me if i passed other image-