Forums » General

Warmerise 2K17 Tournament

This topic has been closed.
    • 507 posts
    June 13, 2017 10:54 AM PDT
    32 teams is optimistic, yes, but there's certainly enough people to host a tournament anyway.
    • 609 posts
    June 13, 2017 10:58 AM PDT

Chell said:

To be honest, I don't fully agree with all rules, but I can deal with it. Not sure if I'll fight. Gonna see if a team shows up eventually.

give an example pls

• June 13, 2017 12:11 PM PDT

I m curious to see how we will manage to make it up with the time difference.

• 115 posts
    June 13, 2017 12:21 PM PDT

emilar said:

I m curious to see how we will manage to make it up with the time difference.

that's one of the main reasons of the division between A and B, tho its not a perfect system its what we got

• 91 posts
    June 13, 2017 12:29 PM PDT
    @EpicTroll2 like chrono said, 32 is ideal, but that doesn't mean that it can't be started with less teams. i mean, the famous warmerise world cup last year was much lower than 32 teams and it was still successful
    • 283 posts
    June 13, 2017 1:27 PM PDT
    If you want to get 90% plus marks in exams, you have to aim for 100%, only then it's possible. But if you already aim for 90% and work accordingly, you're likely to get 80% marks instead of 90% because you already kept lower aim and not everything ensures maximum efficiency. I was also amazed by hearing 32 teams, each with 4 players. But chrono, being very optimistic on this decision, brought this concept that aiming higher, will eventually bring more players. The target is to get more player enrollments in tournament and not exactly 32 teams. Just like Brian recalled the previous tournament, we had very few teams and even in those, we hardly used to get 4v4, but it went very successful and everyone was satisfied to keep it as a good memory in history pages of warmerise.
    This post was edited by DeathBringer908 at June 13, 2017 1:28 PM PDT
    • 91 posts
    June 13, 2017 2:26 PM PDT
    I agree 100% with exactly what DB said
    • 21 posts
    June 13, 2017 7:03 PM PDT

@Manager Thank you very much manager! Now I understand better the rules and steps to subscribe ...

• 281 posts
    June 14, 2017 1:38 AM PDT
    DeathBringer908 said:
    If you want to get 90% plus marks in exams, you have to aim for 100%, only then it's possible. But if you already aim for 90% and work accordingly, you're likely to get 80% marks instead of 90% because you already kept lower aim and not everything ensures maximum efficiency. I was also amazed by hearing 32 teams, each with 4 players. But chrono, being very optimistic on this decision, brought this concept that aiming higher, will eventually bring more players. The target is to get more player enrollments in tournament and not exactly 32 teams. Just like Brian recalled the previous tournament, we had very few teams and even in those, we hardly used to get 4v4, but it went very successful and everyone was satisfied to keep it as a good memory in history pages of warmerise.

Ok lets see we got hmm.. 0 teams of 32. gg k
  • June 14, 2017 5:52 AM PDT

EpicTroll2 said:
    DeathBringer908 said: If you want to get 90% plus marks in exams, you have to aim for 100%, only then it's possible. But if you already aim for 90% and work accordingly, you're likely to get 80% marks instead of 90% because you already kept lower aim and not everything ensures maximum efficiency. I was also amazed by hearing 32 teams, each with 4 players. But chrono, being very optimistic on this decision, brought this concept that aiming higher, will eventually bring more players. The target is to get more player enrollments in tournament and not exactly 32 teams. Just like Brian recalled the previous tournament, we had very few teams and even in those, we hardly used to get 4v4, but it went very successful and everyone was satisfied to keep it as a good memory in history pages of warmerise.

thank god they don´t have to rely on hell to have players, otherwise it would stay 0 till the end

• 281 posts
    June 14, 2017 5:54 AM PDT
    Sydicate said:

EpicTroll2 said:
    DeathBringer908 said: If you want to get 90% plus marks in exams, you have to aim for 100%, only then it's possible. But if you already aim for 90% and work accordingly, you're likely to get 80% marks instead of 90% because you already kept lower aim and not everything ensures maximum efficiency. I was also amazed by hearing 32 teams, each with 4 players. But chrono, being very optimistic on this decision, brought this concept that aiming higher, will eventually bring more players. The target is to get more player enrollments in tournament and not exactly 32 teams. Just like Brian recalled the previous tournament, we had very few teams and even in those, we hardly used to get 4v4, but it went very successful and everyone was satisfied to keep it as a good memory in history pages of warmerise.

thank god they don´t have to rely on hell to have players, otherwise it would stay 0 till the end

So funny since Hell is the only active clan in the game. But sure lets see what will happen with this "tournament"
    • 28 posts
    June 14, 2017 6:20 AM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

Chell said:

To be honest, I don't fully agree with all rules, but I can deal with it. Not sure if I'll fight. Gonna see if a team shows up eventually.

give an example pls

The lag limit is way too tolerant. I'd say it should be 200 at the most.

• 328 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:28 AM PDT

Good luck to everyone! I don't agree with decent number of things that are being said here but one question I've is:

Did Max agree with 15 day free Suit Upgrade?

• 115 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:49 AM PDT

Zero said:

Good luck to everyone! I don't agree with decent number of things that are being said here but one question I've is:

Did Max agree with 15 day free Suit Upgrade?

yes, i've talked with him

• 115 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:50 AM PDT

Chell said:

STERBEN99 said:

Chell said:

give an example pls

The lag limit is way too tolerant. I'd say it should be 200 at the most.

if we see that some changes need to be done, we'll defenetly make them, we want to listen to the community and its ideas

so thank you by your comment ;)

This post was edited by Manager at June 14, 2017 9:50 AM PDT
    • 115 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:58 AM PDT

EpicTroll2 said:
    Sydicate said:

EpicTroll2 said:

So funny since Hell is the only active clan in the game. But sure lets see what will happen with this "tournament"

sure, lets see how it goes

and hell isn´t by far the only active clan on this game

but i don´t understand the "..."

the "problem" with this community is that's never happy, "warmerise is dead" "it would be cool to have smth new" "i would like to see a tournament", this are some comments that i've seen/heard in the past months...

and when someone trys to do smth about it, the response is some ingratitude, not specifying anyone, only a few are actually suportive, yes, im a bit apprehensive, maybe 32 teams is asking too much, however there's defenetly enough people here, and like DB said you have to aim high,who knows if this won´t be a starter to smth new, smth to revitalize the game, idk if hell or you intend to participate in the tournament, would like to see you play, and i don´t know were you got that info. of "0 teams", we currently have (only) 4 teams, but the date to the end of the application is still far, i suposse people are still making teams, the tournament is relative "new", some people haven´t even heard about it

I hope it will be a sucess

This post was edited by Manager at June 14, 2017 9:58 AM PDT
    • 281 posts
    June 14, 2017 10:09 AM PDT
    You know how many player active on this game? (Active= they play every 2 or 3 day so they can participate in a tournament.)
    • 115 posts
    June 14, 2017 10:11 AM PDT

EpicTroll2 said: You know how many player active on this game? (Active= they play every 2 or 3 day so they can participate in a tournament.)

how many then?...

This post was edited by Manager at June 14, 2017 10:31 AM PDT
    • 281 posts
    June 14, 2017 10:56 AM PDT
    Manager said:

EpicTroll2 said: You know how many player active on this game? (Active= they play every 2 or 3 day so they can participate in a tournament.)

how many then?...

Not enough to make a tournament i guess xD
    • 5 posts
    June 14, 2017 11:06 AM PDT

I'm join

• 328 posts
    June 14, 2017 11:27 AM PDT

Yeah. Mind posting a picture of where he said something along the lines of "Yeah, I'll be giving the winners 15 day free suit upgrades".

Speaking of aiming high that doesn't work always and in many cases it doesn't work at all. The example DB gave was an OK example. If you want to get a 90 on an exam you should be studying instead of aiming for a grade. If you don't study then you won't be getting a 100% or even a 90%. You can keep on aiming though no one is stopping you from doing that. But then some people don't study and they don't aim for a grade but end up getting a better grade.

I see people are pitching in and sharing this thread but instead of doing that you should be talking to your friends and asking them if they want to make teams. 

Talk to your friends. Talk to your clan mates. Make a small banner of some sort represeting your team and post on this thread about who is in your team, what time zone, region, weapons and maps your team prefers.

This is how it's going to go forward.

Fix that ping limit as well. Change it to 150.

This post was edited by Zero at June 14, 2017 11:28 AM PDT
    • 115 posts
    June 14, 2017 1:00 PM PDT

Zero said:

Yeah. Mind posting a picture of where he said something along the lines of "Yeah, I'll be giving the winners 15 day free suit upgrades".

Speaking of aiming high that doesn't work always and in many cases it doesn't work at all. The example DB gave was an OK example. If you want to get a 90 on an exam you should be studying instead of aiming for a grade. If you don't study then you won't be getting a 100% or even a 90%. You can keep on aiming though no one is stopping you from doing that. But then some people don't study and they don't aim for a grade but end up getting a better grade.

I see people are pitching in and sharing this thread but instead of doing that you should be talking to your friends and asking them if they want to make teams. 

Talk to your friends. Talk to your clan mates. Make a small banner of some sort represeting your team and post on this thread about who is in your team, what time zone, region, weapons and maps your team prefers.

This is how it's going to go forward.

Fix that ping limit as well. Change it to 150.

i'll send you a pic (its 10 not 15), don´t you think 150 is a bit low?

This post was edited by Manager at June 14, 2017 2:41 PM PDT
    • 84 posts
    June 14, 2017 1:00 PM PDT
    EpicTroll2 said:
    Manager said:

how many then?...

Not enough to make a tournament i guess xD
    Do you have actual numbers or are these just assumptions Epictroll?
    This post was edited by CaptainJoseph at June 14, 2017 1:01 PM PDT
    • 115 posts
    June 14, 2017 2:42 PM PDT

TERMINATOR1000 said: How many groups are already involved?

you mean how many teams have subscrived?

• 609 posts
    June 14, 2017 2:49 PM PDT

Manager said:

Hello Players!

I'm happy to present this summer's Warmerise Tournament!

if you're interest read the following info. carefully

Due to time zones and in an attempt to reduce ping, the tournament

will proceed in two separate sides according to this following map

merging only for the overral semi-finals and final

A (16 teams) B (16 teams) total of 32 teams

Rules

• Teams up to 4 players
    1. These may or may not be in the same clan, though to use a clan tag they need the clan's leader aproval (who has to send me a message aproving);
    2. A clan can have more than one team representing their colours;
    3. A team can have members of up to 4 clans, if each individual wants to use the tag once again they need the leader's aproval (so players can go clanless); in other words, you may go with a clan or with friends.
    4. A Player can only be in one team;
    5. To sum up: Minimum 2 players Maximum 4 Players
    6. to Subscribe to the tournament you must send a message to this account (first you need to send a friend request, then you must send a message mentioning (posting on this forum does not count has as a subscription):

-The players name and their links

-If you wish to represent any clan/clans

-In wich side you'll compete (A or B)

-Team name (& team logo-optional)

-Team Leader

note: all the team members must send this message to me 

• Match Rules and procedure
    1. A match between 2 teams is made up by two legs, one at home (hosting the server) and one away;
    2. The server must have space for 12 players (8 fighters; 2 referees; 2 youtbers/streamers);
    3. The match mode is Elimination and Private, the team must give the server the name of "Warmerise2k17" (password must be delivered to the referee nominated to the match previously) - to the team that will play away, the referee will then send the pass to the team leader, up to this one to pass it to the rest of the team;
    4. If a player's ping is above 230 AND its affecting the game performance, at referee order he must log out of the server, leaving the team with one less player;
    5. 10 minutes after the time scheduled to the match and no one from a team appears, that team loses the match;
    6. Players must be prepared 10 minutes prior to the match hour, already in the server, in order for the match to star on time;
    7. Only maps available to host are: Secret Lab; Area65; Dustland; Bunker;
    8. WarriorBow; Tomahawk; Gravity Gun; FlamThrower are NOT allowed (the use of this weapons by part of a player is penalized with the disqualification of his team);
    9. Suit Upgrade are allowed,
    10. if for example only 1 players shows up, his team is still allowed to play, tho it would be a 1x4 (good luck with that);
    11. The winner of both legs is determinated by the sum of the score (A10 X 8B - B10 x 5A ->A15 B18(winner);
    12. Glicth Abuse is penalized with match forfeit, hack with disqualification;
    13. In game chat follow the same forum rules about language/content (no personal attacks; no cursing etc);
    14. obey the referee;
    15. if the entire team leaves the match they lose it;
    16. winner of A vs runner up of B / winner of B vs runner up of A;
    17. winners of this two matches are the finalists (final procedes has 2 legs also,same maps, same rules);
    18. note: you can enter in a side we're you do not live, tho its not advisable cause of ping and time differences;
    19. the tournament will happen on browser version (so no standalone)

• Prize

10 day free Suit Upgrade (courtesy of Max)

40K to each winning player and 10k to each runner-up (courtesy of Brian)

note: it doesn´t make diference if its a team of 2 or 4, the prize per head  is equal

• Dates

subscriptions end when 32 are found, so be quick!

Tournament stars 28 of July (28/07/17)

match info and grids available at 27 of July (26/07/17)

notes: keep in touch with this page since changes can occur

the tournament can start with less than 32 teams, 32 teams is only the maximum we can host

32 teams only 1 winner!

good Luck players

any doubts or comments contact this  account (Manager) via message

thank you warmerise

the team

pls share

New Changes! Marked with this

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at June 15, 2017 1:49 AM PDT