Forums » General

What about taking customs Maps back again?

• 2 posts
    July 21, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

Hello everybody,

i had an Account called "KerbodyneKiller" before mine was deleted. So this is my new account i i created the maps "Radio Towers, Bunker and "Metro"! (if anybody remembers) I would really like to produce custom map again!!! Please max implement it again. But it could be possible if they get 2 days and if there were high rated enought, they would be finally implemented in the game.

What do you think?

Best Regards,

Propan

• 1 posts
    July 21, 2017 12:21 PM PDT
    I agree with Custom maps.
    you should correct your name. it's PropaneGas
    • 609 posts
    July 21, 2017 3:56 PM PDT

PropanGas said:

Hello everybody,

i had an Account called "KerbodyneKiller" before mine was deleted. So this is my new account i i created the maps "Radio Towers, Bunker and "Metro"! (if anybody remembers) I would really like to produce custom map again!!! Please max implement it again. But it could be possible if they get 2 days and if there were high rated enought, they would be finally implemented in the game.

What do you think?

Best Regards,

Propan

hello kerbodyne idk if you remember me but we usted to discuss maps a lot, even sent you some skecthes

now to the topic

the sytem of the old warmerise custom maps despite enjoyable had a lot of flaws, the massive overload of new maps kept scatering players along the server makin them less populated, some maps were also uneaven to a team, and others just weren´t good enough for the game

now i've heard some rumours that they'll come back, however this time with a new system, this way, both us and the game win :)

glad to see you back, btw do you still my e-mail? (hope nukklerma turn out good)

contact me

• 2 posts
    July 22, 2017 10:44 AM PDT

Hello everybody,

no i dont have your mail but im going to send you a friend request, then you can give it to me! Nice to see you again!!

2. To dark Scream: :) no im from germany and in germany you say "Propan Gas"! I choose this name because im using the Flamethrower very often!

Bets Regards,

Kerbo

• 328 posts
    July 23, 2017 4:47 PM PDT

AFAIK custom maps won't return back for quite some while. WebGl doesn't handle asset bundles(?) that well. The key difference being UWP compiling JIT and Webgl AOT (I think) and since the game is divided on 3 different platforms (Unity Web Player, WebGl, PC) there will be no point of custom maps because you can't play with players that are on different platform.

Webgl won't become stable enough since Unity's webgl depends on OpenGL 3 and OpenGL 3 isn't heavily optimized to handle different computer specs so bigger maps might not be able to load for some players.

Although if players move to PC build and start being active on it a lot more than there might be a slight chance that custom maps might return.