Forums » General

UWP and Webgl and Standalone should update with each other?

• 8 posts
    October 19, 2017 3:52 PM PDT

The difficult part about the whole situation is that theres not much max can do about the performance thats been the trouble all along since webgl came out. If he brought the Standalone back and kept UWP, Webgl, and Standalone all up to date with each other and on the same servers, I think that would help a lot. Going cross-platform would be one of the few smart decisions max could make at this point to keep a player decent player base.

• 328 posts
    October 25, 2017 9:13 AM PDT

No. That's not how game development works. Webgl players can't play with UWP, etc.

What you are asking is too much honestly for anyone to do. Having to switch platforms back and forth on Unity is a headache and may mess up with project. UWP is completely dropped so I don't understand why you would still bring it up. Standalone is honestly too much of a headache since you will have to regularly push out patches, etc. Webgl is the only proper solution, the performance has increased a lot and if you still can't play then maybe you should consider buying a new computer.

• 8 posts
    October 25, 2017 12:16 PM PDT

Zero said:

No. That's not how game development works. Webgl players can't play with UWP, etc.

What you are asking is too much honestly for anyone to do. Having to switch platforms back and forth on Unity is a headache and may mess up with project. UWP is completely dropped so I don't understand why you would still bring it up. Standalone is honestly too much of a headache since you will have to regularly push out patches, etc. Webgl is the only proper solution, the performance has increased a lot and if you still can't play then maybe you should consider buying a new computer.

and people usually dont have enough money to buy a new computer or laptop unless ur planning on buying me a new one that would be grateful but still I have noticed the performance has increased but for me I need better performance so I can be able to play webgl, Thank you very much. :)

• 610 posts
    October 30, 2017 6:29 PM PDT

PlasmaKing17 said:

The difficult part about the whole situation is that theres not much max can do about the performance thats been the trouble all along since webgl came out. If he brought the Standalone back and kept UWP, Webgl, and Standalone all up to date with each other and on the same servers, I think that would help a lot. Going cross-platform would be one of the few smart decisions max could make at this point to keep a player decent player base.

Agreed 100%.

• 328 posts
    November 1, 2017 10:26 AM PDT

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

and people usually dont have enough money to buy a new computer or laptop unless ur planning on buying me a new one that would be grateful but still I have noticed the performance has increased but for me I need better performance so I can be able to play webgl, Thank you very much. :)

I mean hopefully you are not handicapped enough to find a job and make some money but if you are, you can request disability benefit from the government.
    There is more than 1 way to increase your machine performance and you should consider looking into all of them.

This post was edited by Zero at November 1, 2017 10:30 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    November 2, 2017 11:44 AM PDT

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

• 8 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:06 PM PDT

Zero said:

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

I mean hopefully you are not handicapped enough to find a job and make some money but if you are, you can request disability benefit from the government.
    There is more than 1 way to increase your machine performance and you should consider looking into all of them.

talking about getting a job Im only 15 In the Usa Omaha Nebraska I dont get to work yet when I turn 16 then I will be able to find a job please dont get me started dont have time to start arguements with a older person thats older than me 

• 328 posts
    November 4, 2017 4:10 PM PDT

PlasmaKing17 said:

talking about getting a job Im only 15 In the Usa Omaha Nebraska I dont get to work yet when I turn 16 then I will be able to find a job please dont get me started dont have time to start arguements with a older person thats older than me 

If you can't read from the picture:

Children 14 and 15 years of age shall not be permitted to work more than eight hours a day, 48 hours a week, before the hour of 6 a.m. or after the hour of 10 p.m. under state law. Federal hour restrictions are: not more than three hours on a school day; not more than 18 hours in a school week; not more than 8 hours on a non-school day; not more than 40 hours in a non-school week; and not before 7 a.m. nor after 7 p.m. (9 p.m. from June 1 through Labor Day).

Source: https://dol.nebraska.gov/LaborStandards/WorkerRights/EmploymentOfMinors

This post was edited by Zero at November 4, 2017 4:13 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    November 4, 2017 4:14 PM PDT

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

"with a older person thats older than me"

Makes sence buddy

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at November 4, 2017 4:14 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    November 6, 2017 7:16 PM PST

STERBEN99 said:

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

"with a older person thats older than me"

Makes sence buddy

I think you should re-read it again bud

• 8 posts
    November 6, 2017 7:16 PM PST

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

PlasmaKing17 said:

Zero said:

here you go

• 609 posts
    November 8, 2017 4:03 AM PST

• 610 posts
    November 9, 2017 2:47 PM PST

Ikr STERBEN...