Forums » Help & Tips

How to get a good aim in Warmerise

• 72 posts
    March 13, 2017 1:51 PM PDT

Being good at aiming is what makes you a great player in every shooting game. However aiming is not the only thing that makes of you a good player, there are more importants things to get: sense, map knowledge and team play.

I will try to make a tutorial with some tips, many of those tips are the same for every shooting game but for sure every game has variations.

Let's start:

Crosshair Placement

• - Placing your crosshair at the most likely spot where the head of an opponent will appear is one of the best way to improve your aiming. This is usually at the corner of a wall or obstacle. I always suggest to have a mental visualitation of the place where the opponent will move and try to keep the aim at the head level. This minimizes the distance you need to move your mouse to hit your target and makes you appear a lot faster. This is crucial when you are peeking around corners, defending a specific angle or even while rushing. Just make it a standard practice to always aim at head level and adjusting for different distances.

• - Learn the most common spots where enemies like to attack, to defend or even camp. This is important to get a thing well known as Pre-Aiming which can give you the ability of Pre-Shooting. Pre-Aiming and Pre-Shooting might even make your opponents wonder whether or not you are cheating, which can happen really often if you get good at it.

• - The Red Line is where NOT to aim at. No chance to hit the target; you are not performing pre-aiming and pre-shooting will not be performed as well. (Pre-Aiming is crucial to Pre-shooting).
    • - The Green Line is where to aim at. Head level, high chance to get an headshot. (I prefer this one, personally).
    • - The Yellow Square is the spot where you have good chances to hit your target.

Movement and shooting

Learn to move smart while in combat with Sidestep / Strafe Shooting. The point is to synchronise your movement and shooting so that your aim is still precise. While strafing (usually A + D) your aim is slightly imprecise so you need to learn how to synchronise your movement. Sidestep and Strafe Shooting is determinated not only by you but also by your target direction.

I will try to explain this in a easy way...

We all know that bullets need a short amount of milliseconds to reach the target, and due to this we can have 2 different scenarios:

1. Your target is still standing: you can easly get it. Well done
      2. Your target is keep moving: you cant get him if you will not follow his body direction with your aim.

However there is a logic behind this.

Check this screenshot:

• - The Yellow Square is your target.
    • - The Red Line is your opponent direction.
    • - The Blue Square is where you are supposed to aim.
    • - The Black Arrow is where an inexperienced player would aim.

F.A.Q.

Why I should not aim at the Yellow Square but the Blue one?

Answer: when you shot at the target (Yellow Square) your bullets need a time to reach the target and in this time lapse your target is keep moving in the direction of the Red Arrow.
      Result: You will probably miss the target, that in the meanwhile has moved to the Blue Square.

N.B.: This effect is more evident in long range maps while you shot a target that is far from you; this is due to the fact that the bullets need to cross over the map and need more time to reach the target.

Basically if your target is going on your left then you will aim slightly next to his right side, if your target is going on your right side then you will aim slightly next to his left side.
      This should be applied only in long range situations, for example while sniping.
      The farther your target is the more you need to aim on the right/left side of your target, depending on his direction as explained before.

Recoil Control

Warmerise doesn't have a spray pattern and the recoil is very easy to control by slightly aiming down the sight while shooting.

The recoil control is very important while using automatic weapons, only the first 1-2 shots land perfectly where you aim. The next shots will go higher and higher from you target. The way to control the recoil in Warmerise it's really easy but it also depends on your mouse sensitivity.

You can compensate this recoil effect by moving your mouse in the opposite direction of the recoil direction.

Recoil also depends if you are very far from your target or not; if you are sight aiming or not.

Short distance/No Sight Aiming

Short distance/Sight Aiming

Long distance/No Sight Aiming

Long Distance/Sight Aiming

Mouse sensitivity

Mouse sensitivity depends on your gaming style and also on your mouse. There is not any universal rule to follow but there are some personal tips I have been using for a long time:

• - You should feel comfortable while aiming, not too much smooth or slow.
    • - You should be able to turn 180° degrees with a short movement of your wrist (so you can control your aim in a more accurate way and you can check your back faster).
    • - You should be able to control the recoil by moving your mouse slightly down the sight. Remember if you get a wrong sensitivity you will probably have problems also while moving your aim to the right and left, and for sure you will "lose" the target with your strafe shooting.

Try your mouse sensitivity in different situations and matches, this is the perfect solution to find out your personal mouse sensitivity. Change the mouse sensitivity, make it lower and higher and try both while playing until you will get one with whom you are comfortable.

I will add more tips when I will get more time, I hope this first part will be helpfull to many of you.

This post was edited by Apster at April 21, 2017 9:21 AM PDT
    • 507 posts
    March 13, 2017 4:37 PM PDT
    Apster said:
    Mouse sensitivity depends on your gaming style and also on your mouse. There is not any universal rule

Just to prove that this point is VERY accurate, I prefer very low sensitivities when I play. A 180 degree turn takes about half of my mouse pad (about a 4-5 inch movement) because I like having the extra precision when dealing with those milliseconds of bullet travel time. My point isn't that low sensitivities are better, it's that you should experiment with different options to find the perfect level where you feel comfortable and confident in-game.

Great guide by the way, absolutely nails some basics of FPS control.
    • 91 posts
    March 14, 2017 6:33 AM PDT
    Nice guide Aps! Definitely can approve of these techniques working, especially the mouse sensitivity. For example, for gamers like me with gaming mice that generally have a higher DPI than regular mice, you won't need such a high sensitivity setting to make a 180 turn or whatnot. As the high DPI makes it accelerate pretty fast already nevermind the sensitivity. Anyways great guide, this will definitely help a lot of people.
  • March 14, 2017 7:27 AM PDT

yah true xD I understood the recoil control and stuff but for me its really weird as no matter what the recoil takes over xD

• 107 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:38 AM PDT
    First time Apster had done such a Good thing!
    Good job!
  • March 14, 2017 8:46 AM PDT

I stopped reading when it said "Crosshair Placement." Just kidding haha, really good tips though Apster!

• March 14, 2017 1:11 PM PDT

nice work on the guid bro!

• 58 posts
    March 15, 2017 7:17 AM PDT

cool guide apsi :D

• 1 posts
    March 15, 2017 11:10 AM PDT

Simply an outstanding guide.

• 185 posts
    March 29, 2017 4:58 AM PDT

Excellent guide i am very happy to see this.

• 28 posts
    May 2, 2017 11:27 PM PDT

Great effort in making the guide, really useful ^^

• 81 posts
    August 17, 2017 9:41 PM PDT

Excellent Bro Apster 

Good Job! Man.

• 1 posts
    December 27, 2017 12:09 AM PST

Good

• 25 posts
    January 3, 2018 7:31 PM PST

Very informative and interesting. Good work Aps

• January 3, 2019 7:42 AM PST

i like to use quick scope whare u place your crosshairs on someones head. I recomend using crosshair dot

• 34 posts
    July 12, 2019 1:09 PM PDT

If you can make a tutorial about aiming then why you losing a noob like me lol then this topic is useless ok.

• 34 posts
    July 12, 2019 1:13 PM PDT

Nice work bro everyone can be a pro thanks to you xD

• 375 posts
    July 13, 2019 12:08 AM PDT

90% of people ignored all what he said including me but ok 

• July 13, 2019 1:37 PM PDT

lol, I didn't understand the first one.

• 1144 posts
    August 23, 2019 12:20 PM PDT

thank you but , you can't aim while your enemy is shooting you with auto guns like ump...

• August 26, 2019 4:54 AM PDT

You can dodge bullets, its pretty easy.

• August 26, 2019 4:56 AM PDT

Or just shoot first.

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2020 6:09 PM PST

hey aps now pls make a tutorial how to make good fake ss cuz i tryied it with airwolf but sterb caught me xD

• February 29, 2020 2:09 AM PST

Apster said:

Being good at aiming is what makes you a great player in every shooting game. However aiming is not the only thing that makes of you a good player, there are more importants things to get: sense, map knowledge and team play.

I will try to make a tutorial with some tips, many of those tips are the same for every shooting game but for sure every game has variations.

Let's start:

Crosshair Placement

• - Placing your crosshair at the most likely spot where the head of an opponent will appear is one of the best way to improve your aiming. This is usually at the corner of a wall or obstacle. I always suggest to have a mental visualitation of the place where the opponent will move and try to keep the aim at the head level. This minimizes the distance you need to move your mouse to hit your target and makes you appear a lot faster. This is crucial when you are peeking around corners, defending a specific angle or even while rushing. Just make it a standard practice to always aim at head level and adjusting for different distances.

• - Learn the most common spots where enemies like to attack, to defend or even camp. This is important to get a thing well known as Pre-Aiming which can give you the ability of Pre-Shooting. Pre-Aiming and Pre-Shooting might even make your opponents wonder whether or not you are cheating, which can happen really often if you get good at it.

• - The Red Line is where NOT to aim at. No chance to hit the target; you are not performing pre-aiming and pre-shooting will not be performed as well. (Pre-Aiming is crucial to Pre-shooting).
    • - The Green Line is where to aim at. Head level, high chance to get an headshot. (I prefer this one, personally).
    • - The Yellow Square is the spot where you have good chances to hit your target.

Movement and shooting

Learn to move smart while in combat with Sidestep / Strafe Shooting. The point is to synchronise your movement and shooting so that your aim is still precise. While strafing (usually A + D) your aim is slightly imprecise so you need to learn how to synchronise your movement. Sidestep and Strafe Shooting is determinated not only by you but also by your target direction.

I will try to explain this in a easy way...

We all know that bullets need a short amount of milliseconds to reach the target, and due to this we can have 2 different scenarios:

1. Your target is still standing: you can easly get it. Well done
      2. Your target is keep moving: you cant get him if you will not follow his body direction with your aim.

However there is a logic behind this.

Check this screenshot:

• - The Yellow Square is your target.
    • - The Red Line is your opponent direction.
    • - The Blue Square is where you are supposed to aim.
    • - The Black Arrow is where an inexperienced player would aim.

F.A.Q.

Why I should not aim at the Yellow Square but the Blue one?

Answer: when you shot at the target (Yellow Square) your bullets need a time to reach the target and in this time lapse your target is keep moving in the direction of the Red Arrow.
      Result: You will probably miss the target, that in the meanwhile has moved to the Blue Square.

N.B.: This effect is more evident in long range maps while you shot a target that is far from you; this is due to the fact that the bullets need to cross over the map and need more time to reach the target.

Basically if your target is going on your left then you will aim slightly next to his right side, if your target is going on your right side then you will aim slightly next to his left side.
      This should be applied only in long range situations, for example while sniping.
      The farther your target is the more you need to aim on the right/left side of your target, depending on his direction as explained before.

Recoil Control

Warmerise doesn't have a spray pattern and the recoil is very easy to control by slightly aiming down the sight while shooting.

The recoil control is very important while using automatic weapons, only the first 1-2 shots land perfectly where you aim. The next shots will go higher and higher from you target. The way to control the recoil in Warmerise it's really easy but it also depends on your mouse sensitivity.

You can compensate this recoil effect by moving your mouse in the opposite direction of the recoil direction.

Recoil also depends if you are very far from your target or not; if you are sight aiming or not.

Short distance/No Sight Aiming

Short distance/Sight Aiming

Long distance/No Sight Aiming

Long Distance/Sight Aiming

Mouse sensitivity

Mouse sensitivity depends on your gaming style and also on your mouse. There is not any universal rule to follow but there are some personal tips I have been using for a long time:

• - You should feel comfortable while aiming, not too much smooth or slow.
    • - You should be able to turn 180° degrees with a short movement of your wrist (so you can control your aim in a more accurate way and you can check your back faster).
    • - You should be able to control the recoil by moving your mouse slightly down the sight. Remember if you get a wrong sensitivity you will probably have problems also while moving your aim to the right and left, and for sure you will "lose" the target with your strafe shooting.

Try your mouse sensitivity in different situations and matches, this is the perfect solution to find out your personal mouse sensitivity. Change the mouse sensitivity, make it lower and higher and try both while playing until you will get one with whom you are comfortable.

I will add more tips when I will get more time, I hope this first part will be helpfull to many of you.

Thank you for leting us know! 

• February 29, 2020 2:11 AM PST

LOL PewDiePie Commented There XD Hahahahahahahha ;)