Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Color-blind filter for the Player models.

• 109 posts
    November 16, 2022 4:13 PM PST

I find it really hard to see/differentiate the players on certain parts of maps, or even hole maps. It's like they just melt into the walls till they move or do something. I can deal with having bad aim, but people turning into ghosts is making the game hard to play. With lag gone, this is the last major problem I have.

Maybe if you could add some kind of high contrast, or some kind of marker that is sight based like other fps, that would be good.

Thank you for your time MAX, Zonder

This is the closest image I could find of what I was thinking of?

• 954 posts
    November 16, 2022 6:29 PM PST

so whats the problem? oh i see, your referencing to where on sky gates players can climb the 90 degree mountian and snipe people? completly invisible because how far up they are? yeah thats a problem. also snowy mountian too. the blue team blends into the walls

• 109 posts
    November 17, 2022 6:04 PM PST

Spacetrooper said:

so whats the problem? oh i see, your referencing to where on sky gates players can climb the 90 degree mountian and snipe people? completly invisible because how far up they are? yeah thats a problem. also snowy mountian too. the blue team blends into the walls

The player model colors can seem to be the same color as the walls or ground. That problem makes the game hard for me, it's like picking out a guy wearing a green suit in front of a green screen. The visibility of the other players effectively goes from 10/10 to 1/10, making them ghosts till they move fast or shoot.

But the problem is, if I only see them after they start shooting me, I die 9/10 times. It's frustrating. Plus, if I have this problem and makes me very upset, how do the rest of the people with bad eyesight, color blindness, slight motion blindness, etc. feel? I can't be the only fellow with this problem, right?

• 609 posts
    November 17, 2022 6:15 PM PST

So you're colorblind - Deuteranopia, Protanopia or Tripanopia?
    No need for those highlights, a color filter should do I believe

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at November 17, 2022 6:16 PM PST
    • 16 posts
    November 17, 2022 6:36 PM PST

E01Zonder said:

Spacetrooper said:

so what's the problem? oh, I see, you're referencing to where on sky gates players can climb the 90-degree mountian and snipe people? completely invisible because of how far up they are? yeah, that's a problem. also a snowy mountain too. the blue team blends into the walls

The player model colors can seem to be the same color as the walls or ground. That problem makes the game hard for me, it's like picking out a guy wearing a green suit in front of a green screen. The visibility of the other players effectively goes from 10/10 to 1/10, making them ghosts till they move fast or shoot.

But the problem is, if I only see them after they start shooting me, I die 9/10 times. It's frustrating. Plus, if I have this problem and it makes me very upset, how do the rest of the people with lousy eyesight, color blindness, slight motion blindness, etc. feel? I can't be the only fellow with this problem.

use your mini maps it's a key feature

• 109 posts
    November 17, 2022 8:03 PM PST

STERBEN99 said:

Well, no, I'm not actually color-blind. I just like to say that because it's easier to explain then "neurological processing deficit/cognitive processing deficit that affects certain aspects of daily life as a result of being born with ADHD/ADD & Asperger syndrome at the same time".

It's a cognitive visual impairment, the color issue is just what "activates" it.

Plus yes your suggestion does help, but with the ones that I can turn on, the second best makes bullets invisible, and the best makes me look like I'm running around with heat goggles during the daytime (also my pc hatesss it).

• 109 posts
    November 17, 2022 8:18 PM PST

It also makes the mini map even harder to use, not that it's that easy for me to use.

All around it's just rough no matter how I split it.

• 109 posts
    December 5, 2022 5:46 PM PST

STERBEN99 said:

I did not do a good job of explaining my problem the first time around.

E01Zonder said:

Spacetrooper said:

But the problem is, if I only see them after they start shooting me, I die 9/10 times. It's frustrating. Plus, if I have this problem and makes me very upset, how do the rest of the people with bad eyesight, color blindness, slight motion blindness, etc. feel? I can't be the only fellow with this problem, right?

My main problem is things melting together, that problem is exacerbated by things being like and like colors. 2,3,4,7 objects becoming one pseudo object; like looking at an "I spy" picture, but the boundaries of the objects has become fuzzy.

(What a blue player on a blue wall is like, using first pic as "base")

You're looking at "something" but the objects are not distinguishable inside that "something".

That's why I brought up colorblind filters for the player models specifically. In other shooter games, you can turn on outlines for players.

That helps me in the same way it helps people with bad eyes know what to shoot at when moving. It helps players stand out and not just be ghosts.

• 609 posts
    December 6, 2022 7:58 AM PST
    Thats interesting, simple color filter for color blindeness even tho welcome for the minority wouldnt do much in your case, the outline tho, should be default since there's a competitive advantage to it (for what I understand, crosshair on top of a player = small colored line around the model - correct?)
    • 109 posts
    December 6, 2022 2:21 PM PST

STERBEN99 said: Thats interesting, simple color filter for color blindeness even tho welcome for the minority wouldnt do much in your case, the outline tho, should be default since there's a competitive advantage to it (for what I understand, crosshair on top of a player = small colored line around the model - correct?)

You hit it right on the head, my friend. "Crosshair on top of a player = small colored line around the model" would be a perfect solution.

• 998 posts
    December 6, 2022 3:54 PM PST

I guess something like this can be added, will consider it for the future update (after the upcoming one).

• 14 posts
    December 6, 2022 4:04 PM PST

hey max, is their anyway you can add me as a co moderator or do you not do that? im wondering because all these scammers + cheaters

• 109 posts
    December 6, 2022 4:06 PM PST

Max said:

I guess something like this can be added, will consider it for the future update (after the upcoming one).

Glory be to our god of war, named Max. May he prosper and always hit 360 no scopes every time.

(Funny copypasta aside, genuinely thank you for commenting and thinking about this.)

• 652 posts
    December 6, 2022 11:37 PM PST
    imarat said:

hey max, is their anyway you can add me as a co moderator or do you not do that? im wondering because all these scammers + cheaters

To be honest he wouldnt really trust a random player whom he does not know a lot