Forums » Custom Maps

Get Started

• 247 posts
    June 25, 2018 6:41 PM PDT

Max said:

chronospectrum said: Sweet, Ill take a look at it tonight! I'm assuming since you linked the testing page that these new features won't work on the live version until the next update?

Yes correct, the game need to be updated aswell

Ok, so I got the 1.5 update imported and it fixed every single issue I had with the map. My lighting rotation works (after a minor easy fix on my end), the audio works, culling masks for lighting work (after I switched to a default layer instead of my own). It all works, you have no idea how happy I am right now.

So aside from more modeling and texturing I need to do, the last thing I need to call my map done is that "vehicle only" zone we talked about earlier. I think you said it would work a lot like lava, where it would damage players over time while in contact with that collider.

• Max
    • 342 posts
    June 26, 2018 5:50 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:

So aside from more modeling and texturing I need to do, the last thing I need to call my map done is that "vehicle only" zone we talked about earlier. I think you said it would work a lot like lava, where it would damage players over time while in contact with that collider.

This feature will have to be delayed, but I have added a simple workaround:

Duplicate the TriggerDamage object and add playeronly_ at the beginning so the name becomes playeronly_TriggerDamage
    "playeronly_" means that it will only deal damage to the players and not vehicles

Edit: The player damage area should be placed so it's peaking slightly above the ground, otherwise if the player leave the car while being inside the damage volume it will not work

This post was edited by Max at June 26, 2018 12:07 PM PDT
    • 10 posts
    July 7, 2018 3:53 PM PDT

i am working on making a map myself. Before you get on me for not knowing what im doing ill be the first to admit it. What format does the file need to be in for me to upload it? i am making the map via unity but when i open the file im getting an error message. 

• 247 posts
    July 7, 2018 5:17 PM PDT

joedave39 said:

i am working on making a map myself. Before you get on me for not knowing what im doing ill be the first to admit it. What format does the file need to be in for me to upload it? i am making the map via unity but when i open the file im getting an error message. 

Hey JoeDave! So I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.

When you open Unity, create a new project and name it something you'll remember. The first thing you should do is press Ctrl+S to save the current scene. Name this scene what you want to your map to be called. Download the WMCustomMaps package from the first post on this thread, then in unity, press Assets>Import Assets>Custom Package, then select the WMCustomMaps package you downloaded earlier. Place all the Warmerise items where you want them (look at the included PDF file to see what item does what). Finally, press Export>Warmerise>Custom map with your scene file selected in the heirarchy window to create a file with the same name as your map. This file is the file you need to upload to the Warmerise site.

• January 3, 2019 7:37 AM PST

im bad at this lol

• January 17, 2019 10:37 PM PST
    I'm gonna give this a shot later today. Should be interesting to say the least. I use to make pwads for doom 2 back in the day.
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2019 4:03 AM PST

File Error!

• 96 posts
    August 9, 2019 1:39 PM PDT

why i should put on photo to map?

This post was edited by MoatazWereCat at August 10, 2019 7:25 AM PDT
    • 27 posts
    August 20, 2019 1:52 AM PDT

how to download unity 3d

• 42 posts
    August 20, 2019 11:35 AM PDT

- Unity 3D game engine: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download

and click "Older versions of Unity" and select version of Unity do you want

• 11 posts
    September 9, 2019 4:30 PM PDT

HOW DO YOU OPEN A PROJECT I KEEP DOING THINGS THAT ARE CONFUSING MAX JUST EXPLAIN IT WHERE DO YOU GO WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GET TO THE WEBSITE! ITS REALLY MAKING ME MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 posts
    September 9, 2019 4:43 PM PDT

MAX PLEASE ITS NOT WORKING ITS SAYING THAT I NEED ADS AND STUFFYOU LIED I HATE YOU

• September 10, 2019 7:11 AM PDT

dude....chill.. You have to disable add block to play...

• September 14, 2019 5:53 AM PDT

Would anyone like to collaberate on a map?

• 27 posts
    September 14, 2019 7:26 AM PDT

when i download unity 3d it turn to which verasion you want abd i selcet one but is not downloading

• 27 posts
    October 11, 2019 1:52 AM PDT

ok  

now i am back with another problem 

i create my map i add armory and every thing thats need in warmerise maps

but when i was trying it 

it does not open

he,lp plsss