Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Measures to Spread Warmerise

    • 73 posts
    May 4, 2017 5:54 AM PDT

    Changing crosshair styles not decreasing the size of the crosshair with the sniper.

    This game has like 2 crosshairs that you can pick.

    Like this:

    • 122 posts
    May 4, 2017 7:20 AM PDT
    I think that you've just derailed this thread.
    • 236 posts
    May 4, 2017 8:34 AM PDT

    Seth said: I think that you've just derailed this thread.

    yup (go to top5 suggestion)

    • 116 posts
    May 4, 2017 12:06 PM PDT
    STERBEN99 said:

    Personally i think warmerise is far from what it was, but lets give it time, kids saying that warmerise is dead are mostly being drama queens

     

    Despite hearing people saying 'Warmerise is Dead', I kept refusing to agree on it as I believed Warmerise had came up with many new awesome updates like Custom Maps, Custom skins, Capes, etc. Although a few weeks back, when I read same posts again (I displayed a few in very start of my video), I rethought on my considerations. So I went up making the topic 'Is Warmerise Dead' to listen to what people has to say and I got some really eligible replies (you may visit that thread if haven't already). That doesn't literally means it's dead, but the point to convey is that it is declining. (Exactly the same terminology I used in the video). Apart from WebGL factor, there are some other limiting factors that brought the game down from where it used to stand before. These 'factors' can be nullified if we recognize them. And the only way to do that is to consider that 'Warmerise indeed declined'. If you start considering that it's the best, then we shall sit back and relax, there's no need in suggesting anything for its improvement. I wouldn't (by any chance) call those 'kids', because those who said this, probably have seen the good old past of this game, and they hold a pain for watching this game to be not at that level anymore. And obviously they are wishing their best for this game, despite using the term of 'DEAD' for it, but that doesn't explain their true intention towards the game.
    • 236 posts
    May 4, 2017 12:26 PM PDT

    DeathBringer908 said:
    STERBEN99 said:

    Personally i think warmerise is far from what it was, but lets give it time, kids saying that warmerise is dead are mostly being drama queens

     

    Despite hearing people saying 'Warmerise is Dead', I kept refusing to agree on it as I believed Warmerise had came up with many new awesome updates like Custom Maps, Custom skins, Capes, etc. Although a few weeks back, when I read same posts again (I displayed a few in very start of my video), I rethought on my considerations. So I went up making the topic 'Is Warmerise Dead' to listen to what people has to say and I got some really eligible replies (you may visit that thread if haven't already). That doesn't literally means it's dead, but the point to convey is that it is declining. (Exactly the same terminology I used in the video). Apart from WebGL factor, there are some other limiting factors that brought the game down from where it used to stand before. These 'factors' can be nullified if we recognize them. And the only way to do that is to consider that 'Warmerise indeed declined'. If you start considering that it's the best, then we shall sit back and relax, there's no need in suggesting anything for its improvement. I wouldn't (by any chance) call those 'kids', because those who said this, probably have seen the good old past of this game, and they hold a pain for watching this game to be not at that level anymore. And obviously they are wishing their best for this game, despite using the term of 'DEAD' for it, but that doesn't explain their true intention towards the game.

     

    dont get me wrong, SURE, it as, in deed, declined, but it is far from dead

    like we said we need to spot the stuff that´s holding us back and correct them, so to u, what are the problems? (max is seeing this so probably this will came has a lot of help)

    • 251 posts
    May 4, 2017 2:15 PM PDT
    It's not dead but it's not fully active. That's the correct term. By using the word dead that's what we are implying and not suggesting that the game is literally dead.
    Yes, some people play and many of us browse feed and talk on forums. Before I went inactive again I was ghosting through the site but not playing because can't handle webgl.
    Many of us are doing just being ghosts. We do read but we don't bother replying or pitching in.
    • 116 posts
    May 4, 2017 2:35 PM PDT
    STERBEN99 said:
    like we said we need to spot the stuff that´s holding us back and correct them, so to u, what are the problems? (max is seeing this so probably this will came has a lot of help)

    https://youtu.be/Kjjg7kTxEz0
    I tried my best to sum up the 'problems' I knew, along with what many other warmerise players said.
    Here's a few:
    > Warmerise is not advertised anywhere.
    > The game requires high PC requirements. I know this isn't in Max's hands yet, but there's still a room for that.
    > Bad Updates. Although I personally consider that the updates Max bring are for the good of the gameplay, but majority's will shall also be considered. Such as, removing jets from TheRoad, nerfing gravity, removing gravity switching 'glitch' which had became a part of the game after being in the game for 2 years.
    > Flamewars; Warmerise is too socialable and for such a community, you need to create circumstances to put a control to disputes, that result in loss of interest among players.
    Before putting put any update, if the community can have a list of major upcoming changes, and they shall be allowed to consider their right in deciding whether they want that specific change or not. And whatever the majority decides, gets implemented.

    This post was edited by DeathBringer908 at May 4, 2017 2:36 PM PDT
    • 236 posts
    May 4, 2017 2:38 PM PDT

    what actually annoys me is that we have 12k members but only 50 or so are online, Like WHAT?!

    how can we have so much innactivity here!?

    • 21 posts
    May 4, 2017 2:49 PM PDT

    My comment here isn't necessarily directly related to the thread topic, but since Max said it here, I'll comment on it here.

    Max said:

    Appreciate the effort but there is no reason to keep Web Player version alive.
    WebGL version will be released either today or tomorrow depending on some circumstances.

    While I think that making the WebGL version the default one on the "Play Now" page (and on the Warmerise Lite versions on other game websites) was a good move (to allow more people discovering the game for the first time be able to play it immediately without having to download things), I think completely removing any access to the Web Player version was a mistake.

    On one hand, it had to happen at some point, and it puts everyone on the same playing field now (except for differences in hardware, of course).

    On the other hand, it sounds like WebGL performance is still pretty bad for a lot of people (though I've had ok performance [on a gaming laptop] in terms of ping and fps), and it sounded like a good number of people were using things like Palemoon or older versions of Firefox or other browsers. I feel like taking away the only way that a lot of people with low-end (i.e. non-gaming) computers are able to have a decent experience playing is a bad idea.

    It would be really easy to have the main "Play Now" page (and any Warmerise Lite copy) use the WebGL version, and have a button somewhere that takes people to another page that uses the Web Player version. The Web Player version wouldn't have to stay around forever; I agree it should go away at some point, but I think it'd be better to just wait until the WebGl performance improves to be at least decently playable for almost everyone. There's no need to make more people leave the game.


    This post was edited by Profezzional at May 4, 2017 2:50 PM PDT
    • 251 posts
    May 4, 2017 3:02 PM PDT

    @Death

    Advertising games takes money. Huge amount of money. Recently in a game development discussion this new guy came up asking for advice on how much he should spend money on advertising his game. By advertising I mean putting ads on Facebook, trailer, going to game conventions and showing your game there, etc. Me being me said it would be good to spend around 2-3K on advertisement (As you can tell I'm not really a huge fan of advertising and have no background in doing such tasks) but it turns out you need a decent budget of around 40-50k just for advertisements and that's to get a decent crowd. Funny thing is he was a Indie developer just like Max and indie game studios don't have such big amount of money. Max is a one man team anyways so advertising the game in that sense is completely invalid. 

    BUT if we are taking about advertisement in terms of putting game on different game sites (The demo version) then yeah. But we would need a new thumbnail for Warmerise. Why? It's an advertisement tactic to have colors that are eye catching (Not literally eye catching but you get what I'm on about, yeah?). like it needs to stand out of other games.

    The game itself doesn't require High PC specs. WebGl requires high pc specs. 

    Speaking of updates. Yeah, I agree. Before Max makes an update he should make a poll or a thread letting the community know that he is planning to update the game and thinking of adding X feature and removing Y feature. The community can then decide whether they want Y feature to be removed or X feature to be added or not. A good tactic would be the send an announcement to every member of the community when Max is planning to update. A DM would be nice.

    Flamewars can't be prevented. There will ALWAYS be that one person who would get butthurt too easily or think they are good at EVERYTHING or have too much ego. The best we can do is either try to ignore it or add the person to a mute list so they can't use forum or post status updates, etc.

    @Ster

    That's very common. Even on Discord or any community. But since the difference is really BIG it's safe to assume that the inactivity is being caused by many players not being able to play on Webgl version.

    • 236 posts
    May 4, 2017 3:12 PM PDT

    Zero said:

    @Death

    Advertising games takes money. Huge amount of money. Recently in a game development discussion this new guy came up asking for advice on how much he should spend money on advertising his game. By advertising I mean putting ads on Facebook, trailer, going to game conventions and showing your game there, etc. Me being me said it would be good to spend around 2-3K on advertisement (As you can tell I'm not really a huge fan of advertising and have no background in doing such tasks) but it turns out you need a decent budget of around 40-50k just for advertisements and that's to get a decent crowd. Funny thing is he was a Indie developer just like Max and indie game studios don't have such big amount of money. Max is a one man team anyways so advertising the game in that sense is completely invalid. 

    BUT if we are taking about advertisement in terms of putting game on different game sites (The demo version) then yeah. But we would need a new thumbnail for Warmerise. Why? It's an advertisement tactic to have colors that are eye catching (Not literally eye catching but you get what I'm on about, yeah?). like it needs to stand out of other games.

    The game itself doesn't require High PC specs. WebGl requires high pc specs. 

    Speaking of updates. Yeah, I agree. Before Max makes an update he should make a poll or a thread letting the community know that he is planning to update the game and thinking of adding X feature and removing Y feature. The community can then decide whether they want Y feature to be removed or X feature to be added or not. A good tactic would be the send an announcement to every member of the community when Max is planning to update. A DM would be nice.

    Flamewars can't be prevented. There will ALWAYS be that one person who would get butthurt too easily or think they are good at EVERYTHING or have too much ego. The best we can do is either try to ignore it or add the person to a mute list so they can't use forum or post status updates, etc.

    @Ster

    That's very common. Even on Discord or any community. But since the difference is really BIG it's safe to assume that the inactivity is being caused by many players not being able to play on Webgl version.

    thx for some of the explanations you gave there, to mention i agree with some "suggestions" (like the eye-catching logo etc etc)

    about the part you adressed to me

    i don´t want to believe, but i actually think that maybe the "majority" of the accounts are fake ones

    • 251 posts
    May 4, 2017 3:51 PM PDT

    Not really fake but inactive. If fake accounts are such a big deal then account creation should be limited to 1 per IP.

    • 27 posts
    May 5, 2017 4:46 AM PDT

    Innactivity account delete would probably fix that, idk tho if it would be a good idea

    • 236 posts
    May 7, 2017 7:50 AM PDT

    its possible to post the game at web sites like armor games and kongregate (honestly max should do that)

    but, is it possible to launch it on steam? in that case would need to be downloadable version (right?)

    • 21 posts
    May 7, 2017 11:57 AM PDT
    It's already on some websites like those (it's on kongregate), though I don't think it's the WebGL version there yet. If Max were to put it on Steam, it would very probably have to be a downloadable version.
    • 236 posts
    June 4, 2017 3:52 AM PDT

    Profezzional said: It's already on some websites like those (it's on kongregate), though I don't think it's the WebGL version there yet. If Max were to put it on Steam, it would very probably have to be a downloadable version.

    now that we have standalone, do you think max still has to do some more steps to be possible to launch it on steam?

    • 45 posts
    June 8, 2017 7:34 AM PDT

    oh i have to be the one person who doesnt want a steam launch

     

    • 236 posts
    June 8, 2017 8:07 AM PDT

    rayvenflame said:

    oh i have to be the one person who doesnt want a steam launch

     

    y?

    • 45 posts
    June 8, 2017 8:10 AM PDT

    i cant get it then and a steam launch would most likely kill the unity version unless he could make them use the same severs wich i dont think is possible

    • 45 posts
    June 8, 2017 8:10 AM PDT

    i cant download steam or anything for that matter

    • 236 posts
    June 8, 2017 8:28 AM PDT

    so what? we have now standalone, this one could go to steam while the web version still operates, like it's now, and max will fuse the servers i guess, so...