Forums » General

High Ping Advantage

• 34 posts
    July 4, 2022 2:07 AM PDT

I have mentioned this a few times and no one wants to acknowledge.

If I play a sniper map and I have ping <100, people with ping >250 always get me. In other games I've played, having a higher ping was a disadvantage, but here it seems to be an advantage.
    I see the guy and shoot him right in the head, then dodge before he fires, but his computer apparently reports that he was supposed to have moved, and, even one or two seconds after I've dodged around a physical corner, I die from a head shot. Me having 63 ping, the other guy with 270.

I sense that the programmers want to find some kind of balance with this, but I, for one, always look for servers close to me, ideally <100 ping, or if not, <200 ping. Others don't care and they seem to get this constant advantage that their computer says they were in a different place than what I could see, and that they actually hit me, even though I was out of the way.

Was this an actual decision to compromise with the fact that we play with people from other countries?

I tend to get mad at the other players - connecting to European servers from the Phillippines, for example - but it would actually be the developers who made this possible, wouldn't it?
    Is there any trick I can use to change this?

Badazz

• 652 posts
    July 4, 2022 7:30 AM PDT

welcome to warmerise

• 1 posts
    July 6, 2022 10:10 PM PDT

Badazz said:

If I play a sniper map and I have ping <100, people with ping >250 always get me. In other games I've played, having a higher ping was a disadvantage, but here it seems to be an advantage.
    I see the guy and shoot him right in the head, then dodge before he fires, but his computer apparently reports that he was supposed to have moved, and, even one or two seconds after I've dodged around a physical corner, I die from a head shot. Me having 63 ping, the other guy with 270.

I sense that the programmers want to find some kind of balance with this, but I, for one, always look for servers close to me, ideally <100 ping, or if not, <200 ping. Others don't care and they seem to get this constant advantage that their computer says they were in a different place than what I could see, and that they actually hit me, even though I was out of the way.

Was this an actual decision to compromise with the fact that we play with people from other countries?

I tend to get mad at the other players - connecting to European servers from the Phillippines, for example - but it would actually be the developers who made this possible, wouldn't it?

Badazz

look for sever close to you is all I can say

• 34 posts
    July 10, 2022 11:57 AM PDT

THEREALMRBATTLE said:

Badazz said:

Badazz

look for sever close to you is all I can say

I do that, and it gives me a disadvantage. People who are farther away with >300 ping keep killing me around corners. Being close is a disadvantage.

• 2100 posts
    July 10, 2022 10:41 PM PDT
    It seems when I have high ping it gives me a disadvantage.
    • 652 posts
    July 10, 2022 10:57 PM PDT

same

• 212 posts
    July 13, 2022 10:08 PM PDT

Getting killed after 3 seconds when you've already headshot that player is pretty annoying.

• 34 posts
    July 14, 2022 9:29 AM PDT

Cenz said:

Getting killed after 3 seconds when you've already headshot that player is pretty annoying.

Happens ALL THE TIME.

Literally every sniper map is full of players with 300 ping who nail headshot after headshot and beat everyone.
    I was just on a sniper map with 60 ping. Dude with 200 ping headshot me over and over and his bullet hit me BEFORE his head appeared. Every single time.

I believe Warmerise is set up so that, if that guy's computer believes he headshot me, the server accepts it, even if I'm closer to the server.

It is systematic.

• 34 posts
    July 14, 2022 9:37 AM PDT

Manickaa said: It seems when I have high ping it gives me a disadvantage.

That is what it should do, but it's not 100% disadvantage. Experienced players who have high ping keep nailing me before they come into view. I am sure that Warmerise compromises on this.

• 2100 posts
    July 14, 2022 9:41 AM PDT
    It’s been like this for ages unfortunately.
    • 49 posts
    July 15, 2022 2:45 AM PDT

Definitely not an intended behavior I'll tell you that much. The component of the game that's at fault is called netcode which is always tricky to do right, the issue is especially obvious in popular MMOFPS/RPG games. Currently it's simply unoptimized so unless Max felt like taking the time to improve it there's nothing we can do.

A bandaid solution would be allowing server owners to specify the maximum acceptable ping.

• 652 posts
    July 27, 2022 2:16 AM PDT

its because of how dead the game is. we got all kind of lags because the servers suitable for your region isnt even a few, but a tiny number of them... you have no choice but to end up playing random servers with random regions since there isnt enough options to choose which server that is created in your suitable region. same goes for everyone else.. the whole reply is completely based off my personal opinions

• 1147 posts
    July 27, 2022 3:01 AM PDT
    This lag needs to have disadvantage system. Like in VALORANT and cs. When you lag there you freeze and you can't even move or shoot. But in warmerise it gives you easier kills which is hella annoying and feels like a lag switch.

Solution : If you are one who has lag and killing easier then please don't play the game until you fix it. Lag advantage is one of the worst.
    If you see a lag abuser just leave the game or go spectator and record to ban him.
    • 34 posts
    August 5, 2022 6:23 AM PDT

fshiteup said:

...unless Max felt like taking the time to improve it there's nothing we can do.

A bandaid solution would be allowing server owners to specify the maximum acceptable ping.

It's obviously the developers not caring.

That solution would be fantastic. I'd have a server running constantly <100 ping only! What a dream that would be!