Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Max, we asked for a basic feature yet we got a useless one.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 7, 2022 5:54 AM PST

Max, seriously, I really don't mean harm but it's so hard to stay calm when you mess up THIS badly, and consistently too. All we want was to view peoples previous names, because these mf's change it every 2 hours to make themselves "anonymous". What the f*ck is this? https://prnt.sc/2e8AkWsNT3WV https://prnt.sc/94b4JRVEV-CA ???????????????????????????????????????????

Not only can you straight up hide it by a private profile, you can PAY TO F*CKING HIDE IT????????????????????????????????????????????????
    BRO ALL WE ASKED FOR WAS A SIMPLE DROP DOWN NEXT TO THEIR NAME DISPLAYING THEIR PREVIOUS NAME (PRIVATE PROFILE OR NOT) SO THESE BOSTARDS CAN STOP CHANGING NAME TO BE ANONYMOUS, PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE OF A NEW NAME, OR HIDE THEIR PAST. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THE COMMUNITY. Please. Max. Please. It's just a dropdown next to their name (that CANNOT be hidden in ANY way) that shows all their names, because half of thes bostards change their name to do some malicious sh*t, and all we wanna know is who the f*ck they are, that's all we ever wanted. And we got a useless pay to win/hidden feature, Thank you :)

This post was edited by Eve at December 7, 2022 5:54 AM PST
    • 954 posts
    December 7, 2022 5:59 AM PST

@eve. calm down and Max will take care of it. as of right now, he is working on (he should be) the new weapon named the "plasma pistol". I advise you to stay calm please and stop yelling and ranting. this has been happening too much lately and I think it should be time to stop. and I kind of know why you have to pay for it. its because not everyone in this community wants to show their old name to everyone. 

This post was edited by Spacetrooper at December 7, 2022 6:02 AM PST
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 7, 2022 6:05 AM PST

Spacetrooper said:

@eve. calm down and Max will take care of it. as of right now, he is working on (he should be) the new weapon named the "plasma pistol". I advise you to stay calm please and stop yelling and ranting. this has been happening too much lately and I think it should be time to stop.

**** the new gun, piece of trash won't fix the gameplay issues in any way so it might as well be discarded. Max has no idea what happens in the game or the community. Straight up. Stop yelling and ranting because it happens too much? Well I'm sorry if I'm trying to make warmerise a better game/place, I can clearly see all you care about is XP and Cash, how lovely!

Before Max or anyone pulls the "I know you're trying to help, but at some point it gets annoying." Well to that I say, Make the right desicions then, and I won't criticize them for how garbage they are. And I will shut up. But until Max fixes his decision making, suffer with me ranting, because I'm clearly the ONLY ONE who cares to make this game a better place, while everyone else just cares to jerk off to new guns, higher XP and Cash numbers, fantastic community.

This post was edited by Eve at December 7, 2022 6:05 AM PST
    • 2099 posts
    December 7, 2022 8:34 AM PST
    I’ve given up at this point.
    • 609 posts
    December 7, 2022 8:42 AM PST

Just give each player an alpha numerical ID ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So no matter if I'm STERBEN99 or Erinwright my ID will always be the same A13V3

• 2099 posts
    December 7, 2022 8:44 AM PST
    Actually a really good suggestion
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 7, 2022 8:48 AM PST

STERBEN99 said:

This would mean that we still don't know who these players are who have changed their name a million times already.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 7, 2022 8:59 AM PST

STERBEN99 said:

And on top of that max either has to make a spreadsheet of every warm players name, previous names and ID. I think it's just 384762423642334687x easier to add a dropdown that shows all their names. 

• 998 posts
    December 7, 2022 9:23 AM PST

The username can be changed once every 3 weeks (21 days), where did you get 2 hours from?

• 507 posts
    December 7, 2022 9:44 AM PST

STERBEN99 said:

Funny story, that's already a thing.

If you go to your profile and press F12 (on firefox, unsure for chrome), you can search for "guid : " (note the space after the colon) to see what your unique ID is. It's based on the order in which people sign up for the site. For example, I'm user_34, and you are user_947. You can even use that number in your profile url: https://warmerise.com/profile/947

This post was edited by chronospectrum at December 7, 2022 9:46 AM PST
    • 509 posts
    December 7, 2022 12:13 PM PST

chronospectrum said:

STERBEN99 said:

Funny story, that's already a thing.

If you go to your profile and press F12 (on firefox, unsure for chrome), you can search for "guid : " (note the space after the colon) to see what your unique ID is. It's based on the order in which people sign up for the site. For example, I'm user_34, and you are user_947. You can even use that number in your profile url: https://warmerise.com/profile/947

copying my brain

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 7, 2022 12:29 PM PST

Max said:

The username can be changed once every 3 weeks (21 days), where did you get 2 hours from?

By the frequency some people change their names at, they go to a server, do some stupid sh*t and immediately change it when they leave. Good luck finding them because you won't. And it feels like they change their names so often as well.