Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Lag exploitation

• 34 posts
    February 27, 2023 5:34 AM PST

It's been suggested before that the creator of a room/server should be able to set a maximum ping limit.

Plllleeeeeaassee let this happen.

I don't think I'm the only one who's seen hundreds of maps where someone with 350-450 ping keeps getting headshots on everyone.

I don't understand the networking completely; whether it slows everything down or not, these laggers clearly have an advantage with their high ping. I shoot them pointblank and there's no damage, no hit. Then they knife me from 10 meters away.
    If I bring it up, I'm told, "I have bad internet lol" or "I'm in _________."

• 285 posts
    February 27, 2023 5:47 AM PST
    Badazz said:

It's been suggested before that the creator of a room/server should be able to set a maximum ping limit.

Plllleeeeeaassee let this happen.

I don't think I'm the only one who's seen hundreds of maps where someone with 350-450 ping keeps getting headshots on everyone.

I don't understand the networking completely; whether it slows everything down or not, these laggers clearly have an advantage with their high ping. I shoot them pointblank and there's no damage, no hit. Then they knife me from 10 meters away.
    If I bring it up, I'm told, "I have bad internet lol" or "I'm in _________."

I'm with you on this one. Ping limiter would be really amazing. Being sniped behind a wall is really killing the fun. Some delays I can live with but when being behind a wall for what feels several seconds already and suddenly drop dead because of a larger delay is just a no.
    • 105 posts
    February 28, 2023 3:15 AM PST

He should add something like this one https://youtu.be/GnOA_92wBoM?t=38 

I have talked with game creators and they said each server has some ping limit i.e Frankfurt servers has 150 ping limit when player's ping goes up and exceeds that limit some kind of delay occuring like in the video. Player losing control of their character movement, stucks in somewhere  etc because client stops or can not transfer data to server. 

• 652 posts
    February 28, 2023 4:39 AM PST

i mean its not my fault when im sometimes having bad ping in other regions when theres no other suitable server. i dont even know how lagswitching works

• 34 posts
    March 1, 2023 5:03 AM PST

flyingDonkey345 said:

i mean its not my fault when im sometimes having bad ping in other regions when theres no other suitable server. i dont even know how lagswitching works

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault, but it makes the game worse. I believe most players would leave the ping limit at the default. There IS already a high ping limit, and it kicks people. But I think some people would prefer to lower that limit.

Maybe some people just want to play small games against people in their region.

• 34 posts
    March 5, 2023 1:39 AM PST

As long as the devs have nothing to say about this, what is the best way to handle a lag exploiter? The guy is dancing on top of the roof in sniper only, grabbing headshots, and direct hits don't hit him. Everyone sees where he is and we've all learned his rhythm, but nothing hits him, and I think it's because his computer says he's in a different place than where we see him. Do you aim in front of the lag exploiter or behind? Is there a trick to hitting people with 300 ping?