Forums » Help & Tips

The mystery of the dysfunctional trap mines

• 5 posts
    March 31, 2020 3:41 PM PDT

Hi!

I'll better start off with a little disclaimer: I'm fairly new to the game and don't know that much about it, but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere so I figured, why not ask?

I've found that in some servers, my trap mines doesn't work. Instead of planting one of those delicious trap mines, I get thrown into some sort of first person limbo, where I can't find my gun, sword or pistol. The only way out of this limbo is to swap to third person then back again to first, and after this, my avatar doesn't even react when I try to plant mines. If I however switch to nades they work just fine. Other people in the server are using trap mines. 

Is it a bug? Is it my crappy laptop that causes this? 

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else have experienced this issue. 

Thank you for reading

Regards

SlimDickens 

• 998 posts
    March 31, 2020 4:12 PM PDT

Does it happen all the time or sometimes?

• 5 posts
    March 31, 2020 4:17 PM PDT

Max said:

Does it happen all the time or sometimes?

Hi Max!

It doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.

• 429 posts
    March 31, 2020 5:02 PM PDT
    This also happened to me. Where you drop a mine, it doesn’t appear, and you cannot use your weapons, as it shows nothing in your hands. Which leaves you defenseless.
    • 998 posts
    March 31, 2020 6:03 PM PDT

This is quite and old bug, it'll be fixed once I find a solution.
    By the way, when this bug happens, does the mine amount subtract or remains the same?

• 429 posts
    March 31, 2020 6:05 PM PDT

Max said:

This is quite and old bug, it'll be fixed once I find a solution.
    By the way, when this bug happens, does the mine amount subtract or remains the same?

The ammount remains.

• 5 posts
    April 1, 2020 2:42 AM PDT

KonfusioN said: This also happened to me. Where you drop a mine, it doesn’t appear, and you cannot use your weapons, as it shows nothing in your hands. Which leaves you defenseless.

YES, exactly. Nice to see that I'm not the only one!

Ah okay, so it is a bug then. Thank you for the reply, I'm satisfied with the answer.

• 1 posts
    April 4, 2020 8:36 PM PDT

I have also had this problem recently and its really annoying I do hope that you fix this thank you max

• 1 posts
    April 6, 2020 5:23 AM PDT

This happened to me too as well! I joined like three serverts today, and in all three servers my mines were not working. Its really annoying and I really hope the issue gets fixed.