Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Make the in-game chat filter optional

• 507 posts
    May 24, 2020 12:52 PM PDT

The chat censor interferes with the game, and it should be optional if I'm not bothered by what people are saying. The sentence "My dad is calling, I need to leave. He is such a noob." gets censored. Why?

Please consider making it optional, but enabled by default.

This post was edited by chronospectrum at May 24, 2020 12:53 PM PDT
    • 452 posts
    May 24, 2020 1:00 PM PDT

I agree, the censor is sometimes quite annoying, I literally wanna tell someone "gg ayye" and it wll censor it, because it recognizes "***" (homosexual).

I think best is to have it optional for accounts only. Will prevent trolls to go unregistered and take a piss on other ppl anonymously. Maybe it should also use age restriction -  that only ppl who are 13+ could see SFW curse words, and 16+ NSFW.

Plus, I think that it should be optional on the site, too. 

• May 25, 2020 12:10 AM PDT

Yeah. I actualy say "I'm a nub" some games when I die a lot but now I can't really to flex my deaths.

• 998 posts
    May 25, 2020 1:14 PM PDT

Some censored words are not offensive by themselves, but can be used in offensive manner.

I am going to tweak the filter settings soon, so only the offensive combinations are filtered.

• 609 posts
    May 25, 2020 3:19 PM PDT

Max said:

Some censored words are not offensive by themselves, but can be used in offensive manner.

I am going to tweak the filter settings soon, so only the offensive combinations are filtered.

Just an opinion, remove it

its not necessarily causing a positive effect, or one at all

• 507 posts
    May 25, 2020 4:53 PM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

Max said:

Just an opinion, remove it

its not necessarily causing a positive effect, or one at all

Honestly, I would not care at all about how many false postives the filter gave me if the filter were optional. I don't care if the option is hidden, or if there's some cheat code you need to enter to turn it off. If it's enabled for everyone by default, then I don't see the harm in being able to opt-out of it if I accept that I'll see words that the filter doesn't like. I won't get my account scammed, I won't give out any irl information, and I won't be offended by anything anyone says to me.

I just don't want to read ---- every sentence.

• 609 posts
    May 25, 2020 5:15 PM PDT

I just feel like smts the game is becoming too complex

if you want to search a certain X weapon's skin you need to type w:weapon, or creator, or if you want to search by gamemode or map in the server list, now that "cheat code" too? i just feel like new players won't know all this stuff and tricks, and might be actually wondering why there isn't an option to do so.

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at May 25, 2020 7:59 PM PDT
    • 507 posts
    May 26, 2020 8:38 AM PDT
    That's a fair criticism. The search filter options make sense to me, but I could see why it would be overly complex. The idea was to keep it more hidden so kids who probably should have the filter enabled couldn't accidentally turn it off.