Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Clan rewards/progress?

• 36 posts
    December 13, 2022 5:15 AM PST

As of right now, clans are quite pointless, i mean you get a callsing on your name and thats about it. so ive thought about something that would increase amount of clans.

each week, an clan will get an mission, like for example, kill that amount of players, earn that much xp, get headshots, kill with that weapon, ect...

for each mission you do, you will earn badges, now,  i dont know how many you should earn, but it shouldnt be too much, since this event is counted as a clan based event, you need to do at least 5 missions to collect the rewards from the week

the rewards from all players are counted, and the players in the clan who earned most badges will get bonuses.

concept:

now, im not sure what clan rewards should be, but for now, i think it should be in-game currency.

• 49 posts
    December 18, 2022 1:19 PM PST

This is a rather solid suggestion. There's certainly some resemblance with the tiered system in other online games with battle passes (pretty much all the popular ones right now). Clan-wise is stale at the moment because there's little incentive to being in a clan except for, as you said, having a clantag, and/or showing off to people that you're in one of the elite clans.

In addition to your suggestion, I would say add a separate ranking system for clans, encouraging clan members to stay active and contribute. It should synergize well with your suggestion by providing clan visibility as well as potentially helping players select which clan to apply for. Though I'm not sure how well that would work considering you can be in multiple clans.

As for weekly missions, this should be implemented separately for both clans and individual players. Aside from weekly clan missions, each registered player should be given weekly missions as a means to earn in-game currency. That should be the primary purpose: an alternative way to earn aside from the boring grinding or buying it using real money.

I cannot give any suggestion regarding what the rewards should be, but a slight problem I see with all of this is the mission rotation. In most cases, if a game is meant to be a live-service game, the developers dictate what missions/challenges should be for each rotation when the reset happens. Warmerise is far from being a live-service game given its history thus far, understandably so when there's only one developer and it's not their top priority.

For now, I can think of shuffling a list of missions, pick a few for the current rotation. The same mission(s) cannot appear in weekly rotations for two weeks in a row and would have lowered probability of appearing again for that month. Everything resets next month, rinse and repeat. It's repetitive, but better than nothing. It doesn't require Max to constantly innovate new "tiers" every now and then either.

That being said, if *** is the only reward then this suggestion falls flat for veteran players. It's likely they've bought every gun there is, with the leftover reserved for renting the nanocompressor suit upgrade. It WILL however help new and current players that are struggling, which will improve player retention overall (hopefully).

This post was edited by fshiteup at December 18, 2022 1:24 PM PST
    • 652 posts
    December 20, 2022 8:26 AM PST

All the rewards I could think of right now

- Free Nanocompressors suit (time length depends on size of clan quests)

- Obviously c4sh (amount depends on size of clan quests)

- Guns (only temporarily, time length depends on size of clan quests)

This post was edited by flyingDonkey345 at December 20, 2022 8:27 AM PST
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 20, 2022 8:34 AM PST

This is a good idea tho it will make some clans become more scummy, or turn the owner into an *****. But that's warmerise anyway so go ahead.