help meeEEE

• 14 posts
    April 5, 2020 8:33 AM PDT

ok. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? i spend like 10 hours building this maps :(

This post was edited by NueleQ at April 5, 2020 8:33 AM PDT
    • 998 posts
    April 5, 2020 8:52 AM PDT

Unfortunately both maps have some issues:
    Two Sided - missing colliders, poorly designed layout.
    Glass Towers - the layout may be ok, but the shader choice and overall design of the map is not on par with current custom maps.
    I suggest investing more time and making one good map, rather than making multiple half effort maps.

• 14 posts
    April 5, 2020 12:08 PM PDT

oh. and sniper maps are SO good right ? this is two floating platforms with some boxes

well if i will change textures on glass towers and add some space you will appreciate my work ?

This post was edited by NueleQ at April 5, 2020 12:13 PM PDT
    • 998 posts
    April 5, 2020 12:35 PM PDT

NueleQ said:

oh. and sniper maps are SO good right ? this is two floating platforms with some boxes

well if i will change textures on glass towers and add some space you will appreciate my work ?

Actually I think "Two Sided" have more potential. You just have to make tunnels connect and not have a dead end.

Also, there are doors with missing colliders, it would be better if you can set up the doors properly (to make them openable) and have a platform behind them that leads to main area.

There is a PDF tutorial in WMCustomMaps->Tutorials on how to set up a door.

And for some reason I couldn't "skip jump" the platforms, there appear to be some invisible walls that force the player to follow the path, I would remove them.

• 14 posts
    April 5, 2020 1:07 PM PDT

guess i`ll just start creating new map. how many meters have warmerise character btw ? that will be helpful

• 429 posts
    April 5, 2020 1:21 PM PDT

NueleQ said:

guess i`ll just start creating new map. how many meters have warmerise character btw ? that will be helpful

https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/1008/introducing-my-new-map-jets-arena I suggest not following suit and making a map like this.

• 14 posts
    April 5, 2020 1:31 PM PDT

u mean minimalistic ?

i playes on this map, and it`s good for farming...

but yeah. that map is actually bad

This post was edited by NueleQ at April 5, 2020 1:33 PM PDT
    • 14 posts
    April 5, 2020 1:37 PM PDT

Actually I think "Two Sided" have more potential. You just have to make tunnels connect and not have a dead end.

Also, there are doors with missing colliders, it would be better if you can set up the doors properly (to make them openable) and have a platform behind them that leads to main area.

There is a PDF tutorial in WMCustomMaps->Tutorials on how to set up a door.

And for some reason I couldn't "skip jump" the platforms, there appear to be some invisible walls that force the player to follow the path, I would remove them.

can i make map like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBOBgfcTgY and with one colour textures ?

• 998 posts
    April 5, 2020 1:57 PM PDT

NueleQ said:

NueleQ said:

can i make map like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBOBgfcTgY and with one colour textures ?

Create a Cube and change its height to 2, that should represent the player height.

You can make any map you want, just make sure:

- All colliders are in place. Players should not be able to walk inside objects.

- The map layout is balanced

- No overlapping objects that glitch through each other

- No stretched objects with unproportinal textures

- The lighting is good, not too dark but also not too bright (In Unity it can be tweaked in Lighting tab: https://answers.unity.com/storage/temp/87810-screen.png near Ambient Color, if you do not see this option, change Ambient Source to "Color")

• 14 posts
    April 5, 2020 2:12 PM PDT
    Ok. Thanks