Forums » Help & Tips

what happ.?!!

• 77 posts
    July 3, 2021 8:56 AM PDT

MAX what's going on and how can I fix it ?! before I played quietly, today a great problem that prevents me from playing Warmerise! if I press CTRL + D it opens me an "added to favorites" window. if I press CTRL + S it opens "desktop folder". pressing CTRL + W closes the browser. before it didn't, now it does.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    July 3, 2021 1:54 PM PDT

DARAKUTENSHI said:

MAX what's going on and how can I fix it ?! before I played quietly, today a great problem that prevents me from playing Warmerise! if I press CTRL + D it opens me an "added to favorites" window. if I press CTRL + S it opens "desktop folder". pressing CTRL + W closes the browser. before it didn't, now it does.

Darak, these are keyboard shortcuts built into chrome(which you cannot disable), ive have faced the same issues once.

My only suggestion is using another browser, Preferably Opera GX

• 77 posts
    July 3, 2021 1:58 PM PDT

but until now he had never given me this problem! there will be a reason and a solution! THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTERVENTION

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    July 3, 2021 2:02 PM PDT

DARAKUTENSHI said:

but until now he had never given me this problem! there will be a reason and a solution! THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTERVENTION

My only fix for this Darak was to rebind my croutch key to something else other than CTRL.
    You can try to use another key for croutching thats not CTRL(I use left ALT as it doesnt have keyboard shortcuts attached when playing)

And if you can't get used to using another key for croutch, the only option left is using another browser, sorry to say.

• 998 posts
    July 3, 2021 2:02 PM PDT

The solution is to install a Chrome extension that will let you redefine the default shortcuts: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autocontrol-custom-shortc/lkaihdpfpifdlgoapbfocpmekbokmcfd?hl=en

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    July 3, 2021 2:04 PM PDT

Max said:

The solution is to install a Chrome extension that will let you redefine the default shortcuts: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autocontrol-custom-shortc/lkaihdpfpifdlgoapbfocpmekbokmcfd?hl=en

Interesting, I didn't know about this, my solution at the time of facing this issue was simply to rebind CTRL to something else.. Now I'm too used to using left alt to go back to CTRL so yeah :shrug:

• 998 posts
    July 3, 2021 2:10 PM PDT

Eve said:

Max said:

Interesting, I didn't know about this, my solution at the time of facing this issue was simply to rebind CTRL to something else.. Now I'm too used to using left alt to go back to CTRL so yeah :shrug:

It's not really a simple solution, since it also requires a native client to be installed beside the extension, and for the security-conscious users make sure to scan it with an anti-virus before installing.

• 509 posts
    July 3, 2021 3:49 PM PDT

bruh its just ur chrome shortcut

• 77 posts
    July 4, 2021 1:39 AM PDT

ok, in the end let's say that I gave up! I change the key configuration and I'll have to get used to it! however I am left with the question mark of what happened and of the solution. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR AVAILABILITY.