Forums » Off-Topic

Acknowledgements

• 610 posts
    November 17, 2021 5:35 AM PST

Hello there. It’s been quite some time since I have done one of these reflection forum posts.

Now, I have become a well-known member of the community over the years, but I know that many of you are still unaware as to who I am. I’m StarWarsCrazy, though many know me as Star. It’s my preferred name, too, I suppose. I am a member of the Murder Inc clan (2018-present), and part of the Featured Five tournament team (2018-2020). I have been a member of this community since I was eleven (going on twelve). Today, on this November 17th, I turn eighteen.

I have gone through the most pivotal parts of my life in my time among the Warmerise community. You might say that you all have raised me, in a sense, just as much as the physical community that I live in, influenced me heavily into who I have become. And for that, I thank you. I’m proud of who I am, of how far I have come.

Here are some people in particular who I wish to acknowledge:

- Wispy21, a veteran member, and once a member of Deadly Squad. He was one of the first to welcome me when I finally began to get to know others after the Reboot.

- R0CK, who inadvertently taught me loyalty and commitment, skills that have come to mean so much to me.

- BlueToonYoshi, the first person I ever spoke to through via voice. Always bright and bubbly, putting me in a light place after a bad day. It’s him who influenced me to start my YouTube channel.

- Chronospectrum, who welcomed me into Murder Inc and has become one of my most loyal friends over the past few years. I can always count on him to be level-headed and to give me a good laugh.

- Vivek, one of the two who nominated me up to join Murder Inc. I don’t quite recall how we met, but I do remember some amazing months of playing Rocket League together, of how he carried me the whole way and put up with my many accidental own-goals. I have no idea where he gets his patience from, but it is one of the traits that I admire most about him.

- CaptainJoseph, the second of the pair who nominated me to join Murder Inc, another of whom joined me in playing Rocket League for months. We have had quite the interesting conversations over the years, and none fail to make me smile.

- Mattyspectrum, who I enjoy exchanging community gossip with. He was the final member of our Rocket League squad, and always a joy to play alongside. Our banter about daylight savings is something that will forever amuse me.

- DeathBringer908, who I believe to be the most influential Warmerise YouTube creator out there. His dedication to his videos is inspiring, and his words have influenced some of my own Warmerise videos. He’s wise beyond his years, yet fits in among the rest of our friend group. I sometimes aspire to be like him.

- Faerie, who is, rather humiliatingly, the one sole person I really remember my first true meeting with. Before we properly met, we spoke only through the off-topic forum games. And then, DB brought us together through a game of hide and seek on The Road. She has been a reliable friend, and aided me in commentating the 2018 tournament when no one else was around. Oftentimes, she is like an older sister to me, our friendship ever-growing. I’ve never had a sister, really, but this is how I would like to imagine it feels like. She has been here for me in some of my toughest and most uncertain moments, something I can never express my full gratitude for.

But there is one final, most important mention. And that, of course, is Max, the sole developer of this game. Because without him, I would have never met any of them. His tolerance of communicating with others of this community is something that few have.

Thank you, all.

I hope that I remain among you for a long time to come.

Of the community, by the community, for the community. Always.

This post was edited by StarWarsCrazy at November 17, 2021 5:37 AM PST
    • 2097 posts
    November 17, 2021 6:29 AM PST
    Congratulations Star! You are one of the nicest people I have ever met in this little community that we call warmerise. You were actually one of the people that has inspired me to stay here, as your motivation and dedication for the community has been unmatched. I wish you good luck In Your future, and happy birthday wishes.
    • 610 posts
    November 17, 2021 6:38 AM PST

WingsofRedemption said: Congratulations Star! You are one of the nicest people I have ever met in this little community that we call warmerise. You were actually one of the people that has inspired me to stay here, as your motivation and dedication for the community has been unmatched. I wish you good luck In Your future, and happy birthday wishes.

Thank you! Actually a bit honored that I'm one of your inspirations to remain here- I've never heard that one directed at me before.

• 2097 posts
    November 17, 2021 6:48 AM PST
    We’ll make it a first haha.
    • 375 posts
    November 17, 2021 11:01 AM PST

• November 20, 2021 3:26 AM PST
    Hey Star! Happy Birthday. Sorry I wished you late, as I didn't knew. I just opened the forums and saw this post.

I don't know anything about you. But I read about your story in warmerise. You're lucky to have people like these. So helpful and kind. I wish the community becomes this good again. You're videos are good. MasterMiners was good, I dont understand what it is but looks pretty cool.

Once again, I wish you a very happy life and peace and good luck.