Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

A moderate buff to the Railrifle

• 507 posts
    November 10, 2022 12:24 AM PST
    The railrifle was OP before this recent patch. The fire rate nerf made it less fun to use. I don't think these statements are controversial. What I don't see mentioned as often is that I think the rail rifles biggest problem is a lack of unique identity. The vector X and the carbine feel distinct from each other despite both being automatic weapons, but the l115a3 and rail rifle are almost interchangeable. The fire rate nerf pushed the rail rifle out of a close-mid range overlap with the lsmg3 to focus more on long range. This was a GOOD change, but both sniper rifles behave too similarly.

My suggestion is to leave the damage, fire rate, recoil, etc the same. Then make the projectiles hitscan. No other weapon has hitscan projectiles, and it would give it a reason to use the Rail instead of the L115 at very long range. Currently, the Rail can be a 1, 2, OR 3-hit kill, and that inconsistent damage keeps it balanced against the regular sniper which is at most a 2 hit kill. Again, the goal is to make the weapons feel different but allowing them to occupy the same general role as sniper rifles.
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    November 10, 2022 4:00 AM PST

I agree, I just hate that out of everything, RailRifle got nerfed but the shittier stuff like RPG or Additionals spam didn't, when those 2 are a much bigger problem than Rail ever was.