Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

improved hoverbike! max read this

• 954 posts
    January 27, 2023 6:47 PM PST

here is my improved version of my progress of making it low-poly. it needs more work but does it at least look better?

• 954 posts
    January 27, 2023 6:50 PM PST

bigger picture

This post was edited by Spacetrooper at January 27, 2023 6:55 PM PST
    • 954 posts
    January 28, 2023 1:28 PM PST

Im trying to make it less boxy (like a car/quad). so it will take lots of time

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 7:03 PM PST

this is my most recent version:

• 998 posts
    January 31, 2023 7:29 PM PST

Do you use any image references? If you just started 3D modeling, then I would say after a year of constant practicing you should get much better at it. Practicing texturing is also important, since simply applying an image to a 3D model is not always sufficient, especially for more complex 3D models.

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 7:34 PM PST

I do... rarely. for this one I did not. actually. that is a insane help. thanks so much! are you going to consider this model sometime??? once its very good?

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 7:36 PM PST

and I have a question. how do you *make* textures? how do you get a specific texture for something? like for the car in this game. how did you make the texture fit on the car perfectly and where did you get the textures?

• 998 posts
    January 31, 2023 7:42 PM PST

For texturing, you need to learn a technique called "UV Mapping", also known as UV unwrapping. It is used to control how the texture is applied to the model's surface.

• 998 posts
    January 31, 2023 7:46 PM PST

To make a texture for a 3D model you can either take bits from different pre-made textures or paint your own textures. Most of the time, combining existing textures is the way to go (ex. Glass texture for glass parts, metal texture for metal parts, etc.), but the key is to have it all combined into a single image, that way the model is more efficient and is ready to be used in games.

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 8:12 PM PST

I know how UV mapping works. should I start UV mapping it then finish it or continue working on it. it feels ready just I need to know when its ready. also you didn't respond to my "will you consider this model sometime?". if you aren't going to add it I will finish it right now after mapping it.

• 998 posts
    January 31, 2023 8:24 PM PST

Spacetrooper said:

I know how UV mapping works. should I start UV mapping it then finish it or continue working on it. it feels ready just I need to know when its ready. also you didn't respond to my "will you consider this model sometime?". if you aren't going to add it I will finish it right now after mapping it.

I already have boat and Jet Ski models, so I do not need any.

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 8:25 PM PST

also max, could you possibly help me with getting textures? and can you explain how to texture this kind of UV thing?

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 8:27 PM PST

Max said:

Spacetrooper said:

I already have boat and Jet Ski models, so I do not need any.

AW MAN. that sucks. i wanted my model to be added in the game :(((. that loses all my hope gosh darn it. wait so there will be boats and jet skiis in this game???

• 954 posts
    January 31, 2023 8:28 PM PST

the more vehicles the better right? why can't you add my model? maybe during testing perhaps? just to try it out? I really want a hoverbike in the game

• 285 posts
    January 31, 2023 11:26 PM PST
    Spacetrooper said:

the more vehicles the better right? why can't you add my model? maybe during testing perhaps? just to try it out? I really want a hoverbike in the game

And others want other things... so if you don't want to turn into another oblivious npc also accept maxs decisions. If you want to maybe see it in the game, work on it, improve the things, posts the results, maybe when its done max might reconsider. But don't ask for it to be in the game every time... because than it might get annoying and than nobody listens anymore.
    • 13 posts
    February 1, 2023 3:45 AM PST

ye comeon aprove this

• 2098 posts
    February 1, 2023 5:30 AM PST
    Don’t get on the road to becoming Antonnovik 2
    • 652 posts
    February 1, 2023 6:00 AM PST

That guy is the definition of cancer

• 954 posts
    February 1, 2023 6:37 AM PST
    I’m not going to be turning into antonnvik. It’s just that I had a giant hope for it because max kept on telling me to improve it so I thought he wanted me to improve it to get it ready for the game. That’s all. And I do accept max’s things
  • February 1, 2023 7:14 AM PST

to much talk 

• 2098 posts
    February 1, 2023 8:40 AM PST
    Spacetrooper said:
    I’m not going to be turning into antonnvik. It’s just that I had a giant hope for it because max kept on telling me to improve it so I thought he wanted me to improve it to get it ready for the game. That’s all. And I do accept max’s things

This is antonnoviks problem too
    • 13 posts
    February 1, 2023 10:03 AM PST

creat it dame i would like to use it max do u rember me or no

• 2 posts
    February 1, 2023 10:18 AM PST

Hey tooper what wa the website u used to try to make the hoverbike?

• 954 posts
    February 1, 2023 10:35 AM PST
    Maya 2023. And Castiel, I will stop if you are calling me annoying. You just have to say so and I’ll stop
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    February 1, 2023 12:13 PM PST

Castiel said:
    Spacetrooper said: I’m not going to be turning into antonnvik. It’s just that I had a giant hope for it because max kept on telling me to improve it so I thought he wanted me to improve it to get it ready for the game. That’s all. And I do accept max’s things
    This is antonnoviks problem too

My friend, Antonnovik has way more problems than that...