Forums » General

User "WARMERlSE" unfairly banned

This topic has been closed.
    • 1 posts
    February 4, 2023 1:25 PM PST

https://warmerise.com/profile/WARMERlSE

https://warmerise.com/profile/braveboy

User "braveboy" was seen advertising selling his clans for 20k in his profile. And was advertising on the forums before he edited (he has profile private):

https://warmerise.com/profile/braveboy/action_id/1061029/show_comments/1

Yet, it is against the terms of service to do this. Under "Official Service" it reads:

"You do not have ownership of and may not sell, transfer, trade or auction any Accounts, characters, items, coin, cash, skill points, experience points or Proprietary Materials, nor may you assist others in doing so, except as expressly authorized by https://warmerise.com/ ("the Owners of Site"). https://warmerise.com/ ("the Owners of Site") does not recognize any transfers occurring outside of the Service of anything related to the Service."

There is nothing in the TOS that mentions "scam" or anything like that. Braveboy should be responsible with the repercussions of breaking the TOS and if anything, should be the one banned. Why is WARMERlSE banned for not breaking TOS and braveboy bans someone else for breaking the TOS himself?

Even with that out of the way, even disregarding that braveboy should be responsible for the repercussions of not following TOS, he doesn't follow his own subjective rules either:

https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/3171/max-i-got-scammed-pls-help

By his own subjective rules, if WARMERlSE didn't pay he could've transferred the clan back at any time. Braveboy allowed for the transfer to happen without upfront payment and allowed WARMERlSE to transfer back without a specified time limit. 

In short, it was braveboy who first advertised to sell clans for a lower price than the official pricing listed by max, which breaks the TOS. It was not WARMERlSE who offered the deal so he is excluded from being classified as a scammer. This can all be verified by the times posted. And even ignoring this fact, braveboy said WARMERlSE can transfer back the clan if he didn't like it and never specified a time limit to such.

• 1147 posts
    February 4, 2023 1:26 PM PST

agreed

• 998 posts
    February 4, 2023 1:49 PM PST

no.

Also, banned for impersonation.

• 954 posts
    February 4, 2023 1:50 PM PST

what does that mean max? how did he impersonate him?

This post was edited by Spacetrooper at February 4, 2023 1:50 PM PST
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 2:21 PM PST

Max said:

no.

Also, banned for impersonation.

its interesting how you ignore my valid claim that braveboy violated TOS but decide to care about a situation that he created for himself that should be his own responsibility. hes the one who offered a deal that is literally scamming YOU by offering a clan for less price. he offered the deal, WARMERlSE didnt break any of his conditions (if he blocks him he can still unblock and transfer back), and yet, youre allowing braveboy to violate the tos and banning the one actually doing you a favor by discouraging him to offer your services for a lower price.

if you used less emotion and more logic, maybe your game wouldnt be a buggy piece of sht? but id digress, also, in what universe is "NSDESlGNGAMES" trying to impersonate the actual account? 

• 480 posts
    February 4, 2023 2:43 PM PST
    The manipulation in these discussions are through the roof. Yikes.
    • 1147 posts
    February 4, 2023 2:47 PM PST

Majesty said: The manipulation in these discussions are through the roof. Yikes.

make it bikes

• 212 posts
    February 4, 2023 2:47 PM PST

he thinks he smart for that lol

• 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:00 PM PST
    Majesty said:
    The manipulation in these discussions are through the roof. Yikes.

I know that behind those tantrums youre a rational person. And personal biases aside, you know that im right
    • 509 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:01 PM PST

Aetoyn said:

Majesty said: The manipulation in these discussions are through the roof. Yikes.

make it bikes

make it spikes (bc ping)

• 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:02 PM PST
    Cenz said:

he thinks he smart for that lol

No im very dumb for think max would listen to valid points
    • 480 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:07 PM PST
    @Nlax, please don't be delusional. I've never had an actual tantrum on this game. Also, I know that you're "WARMERISE". You kind of know me personally and how I laugh at literally EVERYTHING; and even you, yourself were shocked when you heard me play on voice call and how I laugh and troll everything, since we were once close before I ended the friendship(many others who were close to me can agree).
    But, you're right on one things, im very logical, and in this situation, you're wrong for scamming him.

Anyway, end of discussion.
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:16 PM PST

Majesty said: @Nlax, please don't be delusional. I've never had an actual tantrum on this game. Also, I know that you're "WARMERISE". You kind of know me personally and how I laugh at literally EVERYTHING; and even you, yourself were shocked when you heard me play on voice call and how I laugh and troll everything, since we were once close before I ended the friendship(many others who were close to me can agree). But, you're right on one things, im very logical, and in this situation, you're wrong for scamming him. Anyway, end of discussion.

nope, lets repeat what happened. braveboy offered to sell his clans which is against TOS. i took up on that offer which he is then personally responsible for whatever happens due to breaking TOS. it doesnt matter if im "wrong" on whatever i did because he broke the rules and you of all people should know this concept. i shouldnt be banned for outwitting braveboy because he was the one who initialized the illegal offer, heck, id rather both me and braveboy be banned i could see a case for that. but this is unfair.

speaking of "knowing," you know im the last person to care about clans and that i did this to troll him. and you can look at braveboy on that other forum mentioning he is responsible, im legit discouraging breaking TOS lol

• 480 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:21 PM PST
    You made a deal with him, got the clan and then blocked him. You're in the wrong, don't steal/scam. End of discussion
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:27 PM PST

Majesty said: You made a deal with him, got the clan and then blocked him. You're in the wrong, don't steal/scam. End of discussion

hes the one who advertised selling the clan to everyone he added and even the forum. thats the crucial detail you seem to be missing, now, it would be a scam if it was ME who had the idea to buy his clan. like think of eynn, that person starts the deals and scams people, is he banned? nope lol. if anything, i swindled the scammer (hes scamming max by offering a service for lower price breaking TOS), and discouraged him from doing it again. reconsider things.

• 998 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:38 PM PST

Nlax said:

nope, lets repeat what happened. braveboy offered to sell his clans which is against TOS. i took up on that offer which he is then personally responsible for whatever happens due to breaking TOS. it doesnt matter if im "wrong" on whatever i did because he broke the rules and you of all people should know this concept. i shouldnt be banned for outwitting braveboy because he was the one who initialized the illegal offer, heck, id rather both me and braveboy be banned i could see a case for that. but this is unfair.

speaking of "knowing," you know im the last person to care about clans and that i did this to troll him. and you can look at braveboy on that other forum mentioning he is responsible, im legit discouraging breaking TOS lol

Just like you said, it means that you have trolled braveboy, because you have baited that user into doing something that you know is against the Terms of Service and could get that user in trouble. The "- No Trolling" rule is present on the Clans page as well as the Forum.

"Trolling is when someone posts or comments online to 'bait' people".

For that reason, the ban reason will be changed from "Scam" to "Trolling", so it's more fair.

• 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:41 PM PST

Max said:

Nlax said:

Just like you said, it means that you have trolled braveboy, because you have baited that user into doing something that you know is against the Terms of Service and could get that user in trouble. The "- No Trolling" rule is present on the Clans page as well as the Forum.

For that reason, the ban reason will be changed from "Scam" to "Trolling", so it's more fair.

nope if you check the times of the posts he was the one who wanted to break the terms of service. i didnt bait him he was advertising it everywhere. does he not get punishment for wanting to break the terms of service? i shouldnt be punished because he has already broken the terms of service when he advertised the deal and should be responsible for whatever happens to him after. why am i being punished for scamming the scammer? i did not give him the idea to sell his clans that was all him. i trolled him by scamming his scam not by giving him the idea to scam.

This post was edited by Nlax at February 4, 2023 3:44 PM PST
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 3:56 PM PST

Max said:

Nlax said:

even with the trolling rule, i didnt break it. i didnt troll the forum nor did i troll regarding clans. i trolled in the messages, clan trolling would be like putting a 1v1 score as the clan pic. basically anything regarding the clans and nothing about the process of obtaining or anything outside of clan activity. you know yourself that youre heavily bending the rules to justify my unfair punishment. 

This post was edited by Nlax at February 4, 2023 3:59 PM PST
    • 480 posts
    February 4, 2023 4:02 PM PST
    For someone who said they don't care, you do seem to care. Just move on. All this unnecessary messages by you are showing how manipulative you are. I'm sure you're banned for a few days, just wait until the time is up to play again.
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 4:05 PM PST

Majesty said: For someone who said they don't care, you do seem to care. Just move on. All this unnecessary messages by you are showing how manipulative you are. I'm sure you're banned for a few days, just wait until the time is up to play again.

i dont care about some clan, what i do care about is being unfairly banned. and im legit perma banned i wouldnt care if it was temp

• 998 posts
    February 4, 2023 4:10 PM PST

Nlax said:

Max said:

Nlax said:

nope if you check the times of the posts he was the one who wanted to break the terms of service. i didnt bait him he was advertising it everywhere. does he not get punishment for wanting to break the terms of service? i shouldnt be punished because he has already broken the terms of service when he advertised the deal and should be responsible for whatever happens to him after. why am i being punished for scamming the scammer? i did not give him the idea to sell his clans that was all him. i trolled him by scamming his scam not by giving him the idea to scam.

You got the clan, therefore it was your responsibility to follow your end of the deal. I have no issues with players trading clans, matter of fact, I'm planning to add a feature to the clan transfers to allow players to charge c.a.sh for clans. The only issue, is when the deal goes wrong and I have to be involved. I saw the post from braveboy, stating that you have scammed him, I have verified that claim, and since you blocked braveboy there was no way for him to contact you, therefore, action had to be taken. Now, why wasn't braveboy banned? Yes, he tried to break ToS but at the same time, he followed his part of the deal and transferred you the clan. His punishment is that he lost a clan, which he's not getting back. So, does it mean your account will stay banned permanently? For some time, I've been doing the "Unban fee" campaign, to give players chance to get their accounts back. See, because I have to spend my time investigating these cases, it's only right to charge for the right to be unbanned (In case of permanent ban. The ban is almost always permanent when someone takes something from the other player, without following their part of the deal, essentially Scamming that player, believe it or not, you have scammed braveboy). For this case, the unban fee will be 35k c.a.sh, which has to be transferred to this event https://warmerise.com/event/6 (It cannot come from the banned account). Once it's transferred, the WARMERlSE account will be unbanned.

• 480 posts
    February 4, 2023 4:17 PM PST
    Max you've charged others 100k, why are you charging him just 35k? Also, why isn't there a time-frame where the fee must be paid or the account stays banned permanently?
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2023 4:21 PM PST

Max said:

Nlax said:

Max said:

Nlax said:

You got the clan, therefore it was your responsibility to follow your end of the deal. I have no issues with players trading clans, matter of fact, I'm planning to add a feature to the clan transfers to allow players to charge c.a.sh for clans. The only issue, is when the deal goes wrong and I have to be involved. I saw the post from braveboy, stating that you have scammed him, I have verified that claim, and since you blocked braveboy there was no way for him to contact you, therefore, action had to be taken. Now, why wasn't braveboy banned? Yes, he tried to break ToS but at the same time, he followed his part of the deal and transferred you the clan. His punishment is that he lost a clan, which he's not getting back. So, does it mean your account will stay banned permanently? For some time, I've been doing the "Unban fee" campaign, to give players chance to get their accounts back. See, because I have to spend my time investigating these cases, it's only right to charge for the right to be unbanned (In case of permanent ban. The ban is almost always permanent when someone takes something from the other player, without following their part of the deal, essentially Scamming that player, believe it or not, you have scammed braveboy). For this case, the unban fee will be 35k c.a.sh, which has to be transferred to this event https://warmerise.com/event/6 (It cannot come from the banned account). Once it's transferred, the WARMERlSE account will be unbanned.

lol all those morals go away when theres a pricetag attached to it for u. the logic youre using here is literally like trying to punish a darknet scam for illegal drugs when the victim is commiting a crime in the first place by trying to purchase them. except this in this case im even more innocent because im not the one who offered anything to sell LOL. anywhere else, when theres a scam regarding inability to do something illegal, the victim isnt free from blame. it doesnt matter if you dont have a problem with clan transfers if you havent made it clear that it is fine to do. it doesnt matter if you plan to implement that because it hasnt been implemented yet. you make the rules and you have to abide by them as well when it comes to making judgements. 

to prove im not selfish, i propose to unpunish all the "scammers" since the victims have also participated in violating TOS. you could also punish all parties thats fine by me. 

• 998 posts
    February 4, 2023 4:26 PM PST

Majesty said: Max you've charged others 100k, why are you charging him just 35k? Also, why isn't there a time-frame where the fee must be paid or the account stays banned permanently?

The fee is based on the "damages" involved and is not the same for every case.