Forums » General

Personal opinion about 1st/3rd person

• 105 posts
    February 7, 2023 5:03 PM PST

Do you like 1st or 3rd person more? I personally like 3rd person on everything else but sniper. I feel like my aim is better in 3rd person.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    February 7, 2023 10:43 PM PST

Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. 3rd person has the cons of accuracy because of how the view is positioned and how the bullets in this game are inaccurate leading to you needing to know a few things to make 3rd person shots work. But the pros of 3rd is FOV, you can see so much and with a slight turn you can see behind you.

The pros of 1st is accuracy, the view is lined up and your shot mostly is as well, it's much easier to make headshots in 1st than 3rd due to view positioning and how inaccurate the shooting mechanics are in this game, but generally it's way better in 1st. But the cons are you see way less, turning around is more difficult, engaging in certain types of combats puts you at a huge disadvantage (Like where something blocks your view in 1st and you'll be able to see it in 3rd) and scopes are generally ew in 1st especially L115. 

I don't recommend using only 1st or only 3rd, I recommend learning to switch between 1st and 3rd depending on your sitauations, doing this can really pull you through some sticky situations.

• 652 posts
    February 8, 2023 2:31 AM PST

for some reason tpv feels so much more satisfying than fpv in combat situations. idk how to explain it

• 609 posts
    February 8, 2023 2:34 AM PST

flyingDonkey345 said:

idk how to explain it

I do, Third Person View is an ever growing cancer in the game and it will kill it, the obvious benefits of using it however are so ridiculously good however that unless its removed people won't stop using it, makes you feel faster, minimizes flinching and recoil and on top of that allows players to see way too much from the safety of a corner

• 415 posts
    February 8, 2023 3:29 AM PST

TPV is Good i use iit first when i was unreg from 2018 to 2021 starting like feb i use fpv but tpv is good my opininon i like tpv

• 285 posts
    February 8, 2023 3:42 AM PST
    I switche between them because I can use advantage of first and third. But 1rst is the one I like more honesty reminds me of good old days where there were only one view...
    • 415 posts
    February 8, 2023 4:32 AM PST

Lion7 said: I switche between them because I can use advantage of first and third. But 1rst is the one I like more honesty reminds me of good old days where there were only one view...
    • 12 posts
    February 8, 2023 7:01 AM PST

tpv overrated fpv better

• 105 posts
    February 8, 2023 8:01 AM PST

Honestly, I didn't know there was 3rd person until I was looking at the key binds one day.

• 19 posts
    February 8, 2023 8:43 AM PST

I find 3rd person view helpful with guns that have scopes on them. Particularly with the LSMG3 and the G36 because in first person view I find it hard to acurately aim with the fat red dot reticle in the center of the scope. The Rail Rifle and L115A3 are easier to aim with but the scope border can make it a bit difficult to perform well in the Only Sniper Maps when you have multiple people sniping you from every direction. With 3rd person view it makes it a bit easier to see an enemy and get out of the way before they kill you.