Forums » General

Ded game

• 145 posts
    August 1, 2023 2:27 PM PDT

This game's basically dead, any ideas on how to get more plp to play? Serious suggestions only

I'm kinda done with logging on to Warmerise, and the only server is some random private TheIsland 2022 melee server 1/2 in South Africa by unreg. I really don't want to resort to multiboxing with an alt just to actually get to play

POV: this post's gonna get 0 views

• 93 posts
    August 2, 2023 10:22 AM PDT

Funny, I was thinking about creating a thread. About what (I think) needs to be changed in order to revive Warmerise. Might as well just reply here.

Up the graphics!

I know it's something I keep bothering with, but even the 11-year-old CS:GO gets a graphical makeover now. Warmerise is not very appealing, mainly due to its outdated look. The Unity engine evolved a lot in the recent years and most new stuff does work in WebGL. To keep up with further tech advances and player expectations, Warmerise should be ported to the future proof Universal Render Pipeline.

Additionally, all official maps should be reworked and new ones should be added. Custom maps that are very rarely played, weren't updated by their creators in a long time and/or do not meet the map requirements should be disabled.

One of Max's main concern was always the build size (final size of the game) when e.g. including new shaders, which I totally get. But this can't be the reason for not making Warmerise more modern looking. Surely, there has to be room for optimizations without sacrificing quality.

Forget mobile - go standalone!

With Warmerise's current state in mind, focusing on mobile seems like a wasted priority for now. Instead, focusing on a downloadable standalone version should be important. Preferably going to Steam, as the Workshop feature could be very handy when it comes to custom maps.

I may edit this post, should I come up with more ideas.

• 309 posts
    August 2, 2023 10:26 AM PDT
    its too late just let the game die already
    • 954 posts
    August 3, 2023 11:38 PM PDT
    Since Max hasn’t been here for 2 months, that’s probably why we aren’t getting anything. It’s just inactive.