Forums » Custom Maps

Introducing my map "Rabwah"

• 283 posts
    January 18, 2018 2:14 AM PST

RABWAH

[Version 2]

Welcome to this thread, probably the first thread to showcase a custom map so far. Since no one had started showcasing their map, so I thought maybe I myself shall give it a start. Anyhow, let's get this started with a brief explanation of how you can use any showcasing thread.

So here's the Things you can use a map showcasing thread for: 

1) To Report a bug

2) To Report any unintentional exploit [ If the exploit is intentional, report it directly to Max]

3) To Read log of new updates of the map being showcased.

4) To give suggestion for amendments in the map, or addition of new features.

5) To give your feedback about the map ( to appreciate and motivate the map creator)

Now, here's an Introduction to My map:

Map contributes a lot in making a game fun for the players, and after I played in some maps of different competitive games, I had planned to personally create a map that allows a competitive and tactical gameplay, with equal advantages and disadvantages for both teams and for every player individually. Both Red and Blue bases do not have similar arrangments of props, but they do have equal advantages and disadvantages. 

Guns you can use:

In this map, you can use any type of weapon, whether it's a rifle, a sniper, frags, whatsoever. The only weapon that won't perform as conveniently as it does in other maps is the gravity gun. There's no place where the gravity gun can reach and the normal player can't. Whenever such place will be found, will get removed. This is done to keep a fair environment for every player in the map. 

Current Map

Current Theme: 

Currently the map is plotted in a western theme, mainly because the wooden textures do not require higher resolution, which means the map will have less size, eventually higher the FPS it will provide. And since I'm not an expert on lowering the size through convenient ways, I have to adopt such precuations. But, in further update, this theme will be subjected to changes. 

Current Size of the Map:

The Current size of the map is 8.71 MB. 

Updated Map (Pending)

Update Log: 

~ Map size has been reduced to 2.1 MB (6.6 MB reduced)

~ Skybox has been changed to western theme.

~ Overall dimensions of map has been increased.

~ Glitches, distortions, flickering, etc has been fixed to an extent.

[Kindly, check out the update version of map from the pending list, and if you find it eligible, rate it 5 star, and if you find anything wrong, report it here so I can fix it.]

This post was edited by DeathBringer908 at January 18, 2018 4:16 AM PST
    • 281 posts
    January 18, 2018 4:00 AM PST

reach*

• 283 posts
    January 18, 2018 4:16 AM PST

EpicTroll2 said:

reach*

Thank You for pointing out! fixed the typo

• 186 posts
    January 18, 2018 3:06 PM PST

This map looks very THICC good job

• 283 posts
    January 21, 2018 9:54 AM PST

Erlaanz said:

This map looks very THICC good job

Thanks Erl :)

• 53 posts
    March 1, 2018 4:31 AM PST

The map is amazing, i played it before.

• 14 posts
    April 11, 2018 1:28 PM PDT

Great map bro - easily one of the best of the new custom maps - accommodates lots of different playing and fighting styles - nice work :-)

kind regards

Skippy

• 283 posts
    April 25, 2018 12:59 AM PDT

epicshottorman22 said:

The map is amazing, i played it before.

Thank You! 

skippy said:

Great map bro - easily one of the best of the new custom maps - accommodates lots of different playing and fighting styles - nice work :-)

kind regards

Skippy

Thanks Skippy, I'm glad people enjoyed it

• 283 posts
    April 25, 2018 1:04 AM PDT

Update #2

Features:

~ Map Size reduced from 2.1 to 1.5 Megabytes

~ Added a new skybox

~ Fixed the skybox when it would show lines

~ Changed the theme from Western to Sci-Fi

~ Added smoke in some areas

Kindly leave a feedback and send your rating accordingly.

This post was edited by DeathBringer908 at April 25, 2018 1:05 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    May 7, 2018 5:16 PM PDT

where is the house that used to be in the middle of the map? i miss it

• 283 posts
    May 8, 2018 1:36 AM PDT
    I might add the house back in next update, or I'll add something better than the house. I'll just have to shift to a new theme.