Forums » Custom Maps

Zero's Maps

• 328 posts
    March 27, 2018 5:51 PM PDT

Croydon: A simple Sci-Fi map to give you the perfect futuristic vibe. 

• 328 posts
    March 27, 2018 5:52 PM PDT

Reserved 

• 14 posts
    April 9, 2018 4:27 AM PDT

Hi Zero - just a note to say the Croydon map (V1) was BRILLIANT - completely different sort of map and sort of strategy needed to fight through it than any of the others out there....kind of a 'tug of war' meets Vietnam tunnel warfare - with the battle to hold ground over a relatively small and close combat space at times getting super ferocious - one nicely timed grenade or well dug-in sniper could make all the difference....and the players clearly loved it :-)

....and then came version 2....which although on the surface seems 'more of the good stuff' is actually far too spread out and too similar to the (forgive me for saying) already 'classic' map of Area56 (but this does have one central arena advantage)....and for me at least, CroydonV2 is also very close to the inferior DragonComplex....which just seems like endlessly running around corridors in the hope of finding someone...

BRING back V1 - or something very similar - we loved it :-)

Kind regards

Skippy

• 14 posts
    April 11, 2018 12:51 PM PDT

#bringbackcroydonV1 :-)

Please Zero 

thanks

Skippy

• 609 posts
    April 11, 2018 3:31 PM PDT

the new V2 does offer a new dinamic to the map allowing players to choose between 2 paths.

is it perfect? no map is perfect but in my opinion its an improvement from v1, allthough I don't know if there's a way to please both sides.

v1 wasn't brilliant, good? sure, but there wasn't basically any strategy, it was just cheer fire power there wasnt the need for a "one nice timed grenade" or a sniper, the maps flaw as in my opinion just the existence of a single 'level' of combat, this could be prevented by adding another path, therefore v2

now to zero, great work with both version, both V1 and V2 and do as you wish with dedication and effort and smartly planned and it will turn out well as always (in case you're thinking of keeping upgrading it)

• 328 posts
    April 13, 2018 6:39 AM PDT

Thanks for feedbacks. Croydon v1 & v2 were both draft maps to see which one players liked the most. It's obvious players don't a map where you have to do lots of running around and not where you can easily get multiple kills at once. So, I'll update the map whenever I get time.

• 14 posts
    April 13, 2018 12:56 PM PDT

thanks Zero - keep up the great work :-)

kind regards

skip