Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Disable extra mouse button

• 3 posts
    April 7, 2018 12:18 AM PDT

I was looking at the button settings in game and wanted to change grenade from v to the extra mouse button I have.  The problem I am having though is that everytime I try to press it to set it up my browser goes back one page and I have to reload the game.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to disable this function for the browser.  I have tried setting it while in full screen mode but it still just exits the game and goes back a page.

This post was edited by ColonelBlunt at April 7, 2018 12:19 AM PDT
    • 507 posts
    April 7, 2018 6:45 AM PDT
    Extra mouse buttons default function is forward/backward pages. Some models of mice come with software that let's you change the bindings of extra mouse buttons. Do you know what model of mouse you have? Did it come with any software?
    • 3 posts
    April 7, 2018 12:49 PM PDT

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/11335702284021185553?q=dynex+DX-WMSE&oq=dynex+DX-WMSE&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.8895j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&prds=hsec:online&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsh8un9ajaAhUyx1kKHWTJCDwQviQIeg

I tried looking it up and it looked like there were different designs for it but the link I posted has the correct picture incase there are different versions.  It's a Dynex Model: DX-WMSE

It's an old mouse that I found in my parents garage so I don't know if it came with anything else.  I don't think it installed any software unless it did it in the background or something.  I just plugged it in and it started working.  If there isn't a software with it does it mean I have to buy a new mouse?

EDIT: Problem solved.  I bought the Logitech G502 and it works like a charm.

This post was edited by ColonelBlunt at April 7, 2018 11:32 PM PDT
    • 507 posts
    April 8, 2018 8:59 PM PDT
    Glad you solved that issue, and I'm really glad you bought the g502! I actually own that exact mouse and it's fantastic :)
    • 3 posts
    April 11, 2018 7:04 PM PDT

Nice!  I bought it more specifically for Fortnite so I can build with the mouse's keybinds and it works great here too.  Ninja uses the same one so that's mostly why I picked it.