Forums » Custom Maps

Animated water

• 3 posts
    July 2, 2018 9:06 AM PDT

Hello guys.

I try to make a map and I dont know how to make animated water, that works in Warmerise.
    I tried it with the standard water from the assets but it isn't working.

Can anyone help me please?

• 998 posts
    July 2, 2018 11:50 PM PDT

Do you use the water that has Water.cs script and WaterFX shader or the water with waves?

Neither of those are supported at the moment, but I will consider adding support for the legacy water system (Water.cs + WaterFX shader)

• 3 posts
    July 3, 2018 3:13 AM PDT

Which water did you use to make the map "TheRoad?" or the map "Base". This would maybe work. Or is it something instead of water like a script? (I don't know who made the card, but I hope it was you.)

• 998 posts
    July 4, 2018 7:07 AM PDT

BennyMusicTV said:

Which water did you use to make the map "TheRoad?" or the map "Base". This would maybe work. Or is it something instead of water like a script? (I don't know who made the card, but I hope it was you.)

Those maps are using the legacy Water system, the one you used aswell.

But default maps are using AssetBundles unlike Custom maps which are using custom format (so not everything is supported)

Also one suggestion for your map "The Island", go to Terrain settings and change PixelError to something higher (ex. 20) it will improve performance by alot.

This post was edited by Admin at July 4, 2018 7:08 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    July 4, 2018 8:20 AM PDT

Thank you.

I applied the changes to the map. If you know what changes I could also make, then I would be very open to it.
    Unfortunately I do not know everything about Unity yet,
    that's why it would help me a lot.

This post was edited by BennyKun at July 4, 2018 8:20 AM PDT
    • 998 posts
    July 15, 2018 6:07 PM PDT

Update: Reflective Water is now supported in the new version of Export Package.

@BennyMusicTV You can download it here: https://warmerise.com/Warmerise/Public/WMCustomMapsv1.6.unitypackage

Import the new version into your project, Unity will automatically replace the old files.
    Drag and drop the new WaterPlane prefab located in (WMCustomMaps -> Environment -> Water -> Prefabs) (NOTE: Reflective Water has a great impact on performance, so do not place more than 1 per map).

To test your map go here: https://warmerise.com/pages/betatestingpage

(The Reflective Water is only supported in the beta version at the moment)

This post was edited by Admin at July 15, 2018 6:16 PM PDT
    • 40 posts
    November 25, 2019 8:00 AM PST

just use water pro daytime material on a plane 

you can find waterprodaytime material in environment