Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Monitor Screens

• 254 posts
    August 6, 2018 2:40 PM PDT

Just had another brilliant idea for the custom maps - okay, so in my mind it's brilliant [LOL].

A simple camera system which could be set up then linked to "screens" to show a specific game area. Maybe a maximum of 3 "cameras" per side and linked to whatever is used as an in-game "screen" - a simple plane in a 3d frame, for instance. And the screens could be located in different areas, according to what the map creator wants for his/her map.

Heck, I don't know how much of a problem it would be but maybe even a "camera" system which has each player with a head mounted "camera" and the other players on his/her team can access that feed using 'Ctrl' + '1'-'0' keys {or whatever key combo}. As a HUD pop-up or something.

I like the first idea better and it would probably be easier to implement, but either one would be cool.

Example:

>Images from game shots via Google.<

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at August 6, 2018 2:41 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:05 AM PDT

its an interesting idea although i think would be best implemented in the (tbh far) future, this would take quite a bit of memory if im not mistaken

also, i think this would need for warm to have a more strategic/team play vertent, which, at the moment the chat limitates to much, prior to this id like to see a quick chat with quick commands implemented

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at August 8, 2018 8:07 AM PDT
    • 610 posts
    August 10, 2018 6:12 PM PDT

This actually sounds pretty cool. It'd be interesting to stalk players via camera. :P Okay, partially joking, but this would be awesome to have.