Forums » Custom Maps

i3slkiller's maps

• 459 posts
    November 13, 2022 1:44 PM PST

Will TheIsland2022 eventually be published soon?

• 100 posts
    November 13, 2022 8:04 PM PST
    Since there is melee mode, would you like to publish only knife 2018?
    • 459 posts
    November 13, 2022 8:26 PM PST

MRNOOB said: Since there is melee mode, would you like to publish only knife 2018?

That would be great, maybe you can consider adding this @i3skiller? ^

• 100 posts
    November 13, 2022 11:03 PM PST

It would be better if Max allows him to limit the map to melee mode only, as l believe someone will set the server mode to TDM, also it is the reason why he unpublished the map

• 74 posts
    November 13, 2022 11:09 PM PST

@DeadArt Maybe will be better if I will just show it https://gitlab.com/i3slkiller/WMCustomMaps-Images/-/commit/9ffc98ef9aac217d7cfbdc35b0acab55df7fb95f

I will try rid of invalid cells and see if light probes will work as excepted.

@Max Map before baking lightmaps look like this:

EDIT: Ultimately, there will be no light sources in these containers:

There are one 256x256 lightmap for terrain and 5 512x512 for rest of the map objects.

@LightningStorm I will try publish it in next week, by the end of the month at the latest (if will no serious problems with it).

@MRNOOB I don't think that it will be good idea (everyone can add server with this map, which allow to use all weapons), but I can to an experiment that I will publish this map for this week. If there will be any complains during this time (like guns or mines here), I will disable it again.

This post was edited by i3slkiller at November 14, 2022 12:05 AM PST
    • 459 posts
    November 14, 2022 5:10 AM PST

i3slkiller said:

@LightningStorm I will try publish it in next week, by the end of the month at the latest (if will no serious problems with it).

Great! Looking forward to it!

• 74 posts
    November 30, 2022 10:38 AM PST

TheIsland 2022 map is now released.

This map is modification of deprecated 'TheIsland 2016' map released in year 2016 (as name suggests). I decided release it as new map, because introduce new things nonexistent at this time.

Notes:
    ● This map with baked lightmaps and light probes after exporting in the latest version of the exporter (1.0.4) takes over 100 MiB, even when I remove previously added light probes, uncheck 'Static' checkbox from all objects and "bake" lightmaps (which takes 0 bytes). I don't know what it depends on, especially that other map in other project after baking lightmaps on the map together with light probes copied from this map took less than 10 MiB (needs further checking). After downgrading exporter to version 1.0.3 exactly the same map take ~9.5 MiB (including baked lightmaps ~4 MiB). Obviously then light probes won't work, which result in bright moving objects in dark places, eg. in tunnel.
    ● I noticed that on this map in the game that baked lightmaps on terrain are not visible (although in the editor there are clearly visible). Terrain is 1024x1024 and baked lightmaps texture on that 512x512.
    ● There is a possibility of falling out of the flying UFO.
    ● This map need optimization for better performance, LODGroup component (which work since 1.0.4) and less detailed objects may help with it.
    ● Temporarily removed garage doors in bases because of appearing them near their destination when CarPoints were too close opening sensor {Box Collider} (requires further checking). The same can be seen on other my map, even though exported with older exporter (not from git).

Fell free to test it and report found bugs here. Suggestions are also welcome.

This post was edited by i3slkiller at November 30, 2022 10:39 AM PST
    • 998 posts
    November 30, 2022 11:24 AM PST

What was the export message saying when the exported map was 100MB? It shows the space that each asset group takes.

Light Probes should not take 90MB, so it was something else. It was Light Probes, the Export package will need to be optimized, until then, big maps will not be able to use Light Probes.

This post was edited by Admin at December 1, 2022 8:15 AM PST
    • 74 posts
    November 30, 2022 11:56 AM PST

After exporting on 1.0.3:
    Exported map: __Maps/TheIsland 2022.wrm
    Lighting Data: 1,9 MB
    Total Objects: 1908 Size: 256,1 KB
    Total Terrain Datas: 1 Size: 3,8 MB
    Total Meshes: 489 Size: 6,2 MB
    Total Materials: 384 Size: 42,7 KB
    Total Textures: 56 Size: 7,8 MB
    Total Animation Clips: 5 Size: 2,2 KB
    Uncompressed Size: 20,0 MB / Compressed Size: 9,5 MB
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
    Warmerise.Map.Export.MapExport:BuildCustomMap ()

After exporting on 1.0.4:
    Lighting Data: 174,7 MB
    Total Objects: 1908 Size: 258,0 KB
    Total Terrain Datas: 1 Size: 3,8 MB
    Total Meshes: 488 Size: 6,2 MB
    Total Materials: 384 Size: 44,4 KB
    Total Textures: 56 Size: 7,8 MB
    Total Audio Clips: 1 / Size: 159,7 KB
    Total Animation Clips: 5 Size: 2,2 KB
    Uncompressed Size: 192,9 MB / Compressed Size: 171,4 MB

After exporting on 1.0.4 with 6 spawnpoints and skybox only:
    Lighting Data: 8,1 MB
    Total Objects: 11 Size: 829,0 bytes
    Total Materials: 1 Size: 96,0 bytes
    Total Textures: 5 Size: 853,5 KB
    Uncompressed Size: 9,0 MB / Compressed Size: 437,9 KB

After exporting on 1.0.4 with fresh _AllPoints and skybox:
    Lighting Data: 1,4 KB
    Total Objects: 21 Size: 1,6 KB
    Total Meshes: 1 Size: 1,5 KB
    Total Materials: 2 Size: 227,0 bytes
    Total Textures: 5 Size: 853,5 KB
    Uncompressed Size: 858,4 KB / Compressed Size: 409,6 KB

All files are with "Generate Lighting" clicked (first two with 12 non-directional lightmaps (4.0 MB), last two have 0 non-directional lightmaps (0 bytes)).

I will send these files on PM.

This post was edited by i3slkiller at November 30, 2022 12:10 PM PST
    • 459 posts
    November 30, 2022 5:51 PM PST

i3slkiller said:

This map is modification of deprecated 'TheIsland 2016' map released in year 2016 (as name suggests). I decided release it as new map, because introduce new things nonexistent at this time.

Notes:
    ● This map with baked lightmaps and light probes after exporting in the latest version of the exporter (1.0.4) takes over 100 MiB, even when I remove previously added light probes, uncheck 'Static' checkbox from all objects and "bake" lightmaps (which takes 0 bytes). I don't know what it depends on, especially that other map in other project after baking lightmaps on the map together with light probes copied from this map took less than 10 MiB (needs further checking). After downgrading exporter to version 1.0.3 exactly the same map take ~9.5 MiB (including baked lightmaps ~4 MiB). Obviously then light probes won't work, which result in bright moving objects in dark places, eg. in tunnel.
    ● I noticed that on this map in the game that baked lightmaps on terrain are not visible (although in the editor there are clearly visible). Terrain is 1024x1024 and baked lightmaps texture on that 512x512.
    ● This map need optimization for better performance, LODGroup component (which work since 1.0.4) and less detailed objects may help with it.
    ● Temporarily removed garage doors in bases because of appearing them near their destination when CarPoints were too close opening sensor {Box Collider} (requires further checking). The same can be seen on other my map, even though exported with older exporter (not from git).

I have to say, this map is incredible, with all details down to perfection! I really like the mountain pass in the middle of the map, and the UFO transportation is very useful and incredible! Just one minor suggestion, maybe there can be added an 'F' button for the UFO to make it take off right away instead of waiting 2 minutes, it would really save time, and also make more room for multiple people to be able to enter the UFO, a sabotage attack with the team together would be challenging and more interesting instead of just one person entering and getting killed right away at the enemy base, try considering it.

• 954 posts
    November 30, 2022 10:19 PM PST

tried this map, and its golden. I want this map really badly now. it is so cool and there is so much fairer things. I LOVE the two bases and that UFO thing for transport. and like LS said, pls make the UFO take at least 15 seconds to take off, so ppl have a chance to get in but not wait too long. EPIC MAP

• 250 posts
    December 1, 2022 1:33 AM PST

i3slkiller said:

Notes:

AHHH I FELL FREE FROM THE UFO!! 

but kidding aside, I was absolutely looking forward to this map. The screenshot you provided looks promising. I'll make sure to test this out ASAP!

• 3 posts
    December 1, 2022 8:51 AM PST

• 1146 posts
    December 2, 2022 9:40 AM PST

decrease the UFO cooldown

• 459 posts
    December 2, 2022 10:06 AM PST

Yes, it takes too long to take off, by the time you get inside and wait for 2 minutes to take off enemies are at your base, rather make it take off every 5 seconds so that it can get back to the other bases in short times.

• 954 posts
    December 2, 2022 4:25 PM PST

5 seconds is too short, 15 seems reasonable to climb up the base and get into it, maybe with someone else if you don't glitch through it XD. the UFO is a little bit buggy and sometimes I randomly fall through it, but its good. also can you change the lighting in the caves? I appear very bright in the cave like im outside.

• 954 posts
    December 2, 2022 5:19 PM PST

i tried this on an actual server and its better, but the spawn camping on the hills is just so much worse. since they get on the same hills, and snipe us when we get into the UFO, since it takes forever, and its open. so I suggest that there can be a wall around the UFO so we don't get sniped. also this map is very laggy with players. idk why, but when I look torward the center of the map, it gets super laggy (around 20 FPS), and when I look away, it goes up to 45+

• 74 posts
    December 15, 2022 12:49 PM PST

TheIsland 2022 - Version 2 (2022-12-15)
    ● slightly improved performance by removing similar, identical and unnecessary materials
    ● shortened downtime of UFO to 15 seconds
    ● slightly corrected flight path of UFO
    ● tried to fix baked lightmaps on "pipes" in building on the middle
    ● enlarged tiles and increased height of the shields around them on two towers
    ● increased height of most of the wooden shields
    ● fixed models of ladders, blue tables, blue lamps, blue hall, blue base building and tower near hideout 2
    ● shadows are now baked on ship ladders

• 954 posts
    December 16, 2022 9:16 AM PST

cool, can you fix the weird lighting in the caves? I appear very bright in the caves and it makes the characters way to obvious. 

• 285 posts
    December 18, 2022 8:10 AM PST
    i3slkiller said:

● slightly improved performance by removing similar, identical and unnecessary materials
    ● fixed models of ladders, blue tables, blue lamps, blue hall, blue base building and tower near hideout 2

1 thing with ufo flight is: 2 people in 1 ufo makes 1 of them glitching out. It would be good if that would not happen. Another thing about ufo that I tried and was real fun to do is standing on top of it and sniping at people. But u only get on it with gravity or if you have upgraded and a friend helping you on top of it. Maybe it's possible to have more windows in the ufo and the glass as a breakable object. So u could do flysniping Overall it was more fun than I actually expected! I would like to ask if its possible to make ufo top easier exessibal. Because its already really hard to shoot from its top when it's flying but that makes the map really exiting. Also what I liked is the "secret hanga" when demolishing a tunnel wall. That was great!
    • 16 posts
    January 11, 2023 2:06 PM PST

i3slkiller said:

there is a bug where a player can glitch through the moutin by red base (Shown in pic)

• 16 posts
    January 11, 2023 3:02 PM PST

here is a pic on how they do it

they put humvee inside the hole ment for people to go to jet base

• 103 posts
    January 21, 2023 11:11 AM PST

serious problem

https://prnt.sc/tr7C9xuMzB15

https://youtu.be/g6zMBM99Ik8

shoot inside the mountain

• 954 posts
    January 21, 2023 11:15 AM PST
    And the poor lighting. I don’t like it when you appear very bright in a pitch black cave
    • 998 posts
    January 21, 2023 11:24 AM PST

That issue will be fixed in the new update.