Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

No punishment for suicide.

• 3 posts
    December 27, 2018 4:57 PM PST

Unlike most games if you throw yourself off of a cliff or grenade yourself your team's score and the other team's score both stay the same (as opposed to lowering your score or raising the opponent's). By keeping 2 genades on hand you can have a free restock on ammo and health at no cost. Although this does stop trolls from tanking your team, a working kick system should be able to remedy any damages done and actually kick the person.

• 507 posts
    December 27, 2018 7:46 PM PST

MikeDaBossk said:

By keeping 2 genades on hand you can have a free restock on ammo and health at no cost.

The cost is lowering your KDR by taking a potentially unnecessary death. You could argue that the restock on ammo is worth that death, and situationally it may be, but I personally don't think that it's an issue in the grand scheme of the game. Because of the Top 100 leaderboard and the "I am rank (#)" mentality, match wins/losses don't matter as much in the big picture as XP earned per match or overall KDR.

MikeDaBossk said:

...a working kick system should be able to remedy any damages done and actually kick the person.

That's a different matter entirely that I completely agree with you on. The votekick system rarely kicks people who probably should be because of a lack of votes.

• 74 posts
    January 21, 2019 9:06 AM PST

Well, there must not be any punishment for suicide since I can't carry more weapons ! Come on !

• March 23, 2019 4:35 PM PDT

I feel no problem with punishment for suicide. 

• 6 posts
    March 30, 2019 7:49 AM PDT

I have played against a lot of people who will suicide at low health, either with gredades or by falling. If they do that right before you are about to kill them it leaves you with 1xp instead of 5. I think there should either be a greater penalty for suicide, to prevent people from doing this, or a way for the last person to have landed a shot on the suicider to get that xp.