Forums » General

Spectator problem.

• 328 posts
    January 26, 2017 8:29 AM PST

Ok, I thought spectating wasn't a major issue anymore but WHAT THE HECK! Players keep ruining other's gameplay by joining spectator so their precious KDR which is gonna get them a million dollar job can be saved.

Yeah, I know some of you might say: "We have vote kick, just vote kick that player." I wish it was that easy.

Either kick a player automatically if they join spectator more than 2-3 times or count spectating as a death.

For Autokicking; idk what the code is but

//Get specator count before if statement
    if (SpecatorCount >= 3){
      ReturnToMM(); //Return the player back to Main Menu
    }

Please, something like that would be nice. And I'm not the only player who hates this, there are also several players who hate this as well.

This post was edited by Zero at January 26, 2017 8:30 AM PST
    • 254 posts
    January 26, 2017 8:42 AM PST

Yeah, i definitely hate the spec-jumping too. It seriously degrades the game-play. I thought that going to spectator like that already does count as a death - I recall it being talked about in the previous encarnation.

Personally I think each one should be counted as a death. And make it so once you go to spectator you have to wait a certain amount of time, perhaps 2-3 minutes, before getting back in the game - or when the current round ends, whichever comes first.

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at January 26, 2017 8:43 AM PST
    • 998 posts
    January 26, 2017 8:43 AM PST

Going to do something about it in next update, maybe count as death when player join spectators when damaged.

Also another thing will be added, which should make less players inclined to do spec jumping

This post was edited by Admin at January 26, 2017 8:48 AM PST
    • 254 posts
    January 26, 2017 8:46 AM PST

Max said: Going to do something about it in next update, maybe count as death when player join spectators when damaged. Also one thing will be added, which will probably make less players inclined to do spec jumping

Awesome!

• 260 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:11 AM PST

That's good to hear!

• 328 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:12 AM PST

Max said:

Going to do something about it in next update, maybe count as death when player join spectators when damaged.

Also another thing will be added, which should make less players inclined to do spec jumping

Finally! Thank you.

• 281 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:46 AM PST

Zero said:

Max said:

Finally! Thank you.

1 dislike by Superhuman

• January 26, 2017 2:17 PM PST

Kick spectator if they spec 2-3 times is my choice.

• January 27, 2017 11:13 AM PST

Max said:

Do you remember how you solve this problem a few years ago? - If player had less than 100 HP, and join to spectator, to the his stats appended 1 death. You can apply it in next update. Kicking system won't solve this problem.

• 281 posts
    January 27, 2017 11:22 AM PST
    Kosiarz said:

Max said:

Do you remember how you solve this problem a few years ago? - If player had less than 100 HP, and join to spectator, to the his stats appended 1 death. You can apply it in next update. Kicking system won't solve this problem.

+1
  • January 27, 2017 11:28 AM PST

He never reading my great ideas :(

• 998 posts
    January 27, 2017 12:20 PM PST

Kosiarz said:

Max said:

Kicking system wasn't added to solve spec jumping issue, it should be used to kick spammers or hackers

• January 27, 2017 12:45 PM PST

@Max: I know about it, but someone above me said that we can kick spectator runner. I didn't see that you write same solve the problem before me:)

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 27, 2017 12:47 PM PST
    • 11 posts
    January 27, 2017 1:07 PM PST

Max said:

Kicking system wasn't added to solve spec jumping issue, it should be used to kick spammers or hackers

Yeah.. It should be used to kick spammers and hackers but instead people use it to kick high-skilled players. Each one of us has vote to kick, but at 90% cases it's not being used for any good, just for abuse which I stated above.

• 14 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:24 AM PST

Well said MrRen. I've only ever seen vote-to-kick used maliciously by disgruntled players that take issue with being killed so easily by skillful players (the unskilled players moan about hackers and cheats and other childish things).

What really gets me though is the fact that a vote-to-kick cycle can be initiated by a player that REMAINS ANONYMOUS!

Surely, the name of the player initiating the vote-to-kick cycle should ***CLEARLY*** be displayed to all other players in the game.