Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Amount of cheating has become ridiculous

• 164 posts
    October 31, 2019 10:34 AM PDT

Roughly on 8 out of 10 servers there is full cheating/harassment. I get to see newly created nicks with lots of numbers and trash characters. All the players seem to have the same aimbot and evade cheats.

Servers are being used for cheating, too. I dropped to death on four of them today. This one took the crown:

==> Video <==

Here I got to drop to death the second I joined with my nick as a registered user. Over and over again... Oddly enough, when I play unregistered, they leave me alone. 

You got fun friends, Warmerise.

• 63 posts
    October 31, 2019 12:12 PM PDT

ok buddy

• 164 posts
    November 1, 2019 1:54 AM PDT

I don't consider this ok. Almost nobody does.

• 507 posts
    November 1, 2019 8:19 AM PDT
    This isn't a cheat, it's a bug. Nobody can cause the game to make objects no longer have a collider.

I have this issue happen to me on die rise sometimes where a random object will suddenly have no collision on it. It looks like this is the same issue.

As for people using an aimbot or "evade hacks", we would need to see a video of that too.
    This post was edited by chronospectrum at November 1, 2019 8:34 AM PDT
    • 164 posts
    November 1, 2019 9:16 AM PDT

Nobody can cause the game to make objects no longer have a collider.

Unless you modify the server.

• 507 posts
    November 1, 2019 11:23 AM PDT

paco42 said:

Nobody can cause the game to make objects no longer have a collider.

Unless you modify the server.

Which would require you to either:

A) be physically at the server location so you can change files locally

B) have access to Max's account for whatever service he uses for server hosting

C) have direct ftp access to the server, which is almost certainly locked behind enterprise-grade cybersecurity, and multiple levels of passwords.

And then, even if you got one of those three things, you would ALSO need the source of the game to be able to modify a script to disable that collider only for you specifically, since it wasn't affecting anyone else.

And even if you had all of that, that code would need to be pushed to the server,and you would need to refresh the game to get the "update" containing these changes.

Now which is more likely: that hackers have access to the source code of the game and direct access to the servers that host it and have decided to specifically target you.... Or that there's a bug with how the game imports maps causing colliders to sometimes not get applied to meshes?

This post was edited by chronospectrum at November 1, 2019 11:25 AM PDT
  • November 1, 2019 12:18 PM PDT

xDDDD

• 164 posts
    November 1, 2019 12:37 PM PDT

You are talking about the Warmerise server, where the game client is being downloaded. I was talking about the servers hosting games, which are created by users (unless I'm mistaken).

• 507 posts
    November 1, 2019 1:12 PM PDT

paco42 said:

You are talking about the Warmerise server, where the game client is being downloaded. I was talking about the servers hosting games, which are created by users (unless I'm mistaken).

Yeah the servers that host the game are separate from the servers you connect to in game. The in game servers are, as far as I understand them, instances of the game running on datacenters in different parts of the world. That's why you can change a server region to a place where you don't live in the server creation screen. If servers were hosted from your computer, you wouldn't need that option, the server region would just be your house. 

So again, modifying a server is pretty much impossible, or at the very least, extremely complicated to the point where it's impractical. 

• 164 posts
    November 1, 2019 2:47 PM PDT

Are you trolling?

• November 1, 2019 4:40 PM PDT

What about it?

• Hax
    • 28 posts
    November 1, 2019 5:25 PM PDT

paco42 said:

Are you trolling?

This is a known bug that you can manipulate. It involves grenade slot items or Jet rockets and the gravity gun. Once it is created on the map, it will last for the entire duration of the server until everyone leaves.

New maps that are created by users and not by Max are the only ones I have been able to replicate it on.

• 164 posts
    November 1, 2019 5:36 PM PDT

Sounds great, but it doesn't explain why I kept spawning in the same place, getting killed over and over. Even less so, it doesn't explain why almost nothing happens when I play as - anonymous - unregistered player.

• 507 posts
    November 1, 2019 5:45 PM PDT

paco42 said:

Are you trolling?

I'm not trolling you.

Puppy said:

This is a known bug that you can manipulate. It involves grenade slot items or Jet rockets and the gravity gun. Once it is created on the map, it will last for the entire duration of the server until everyone leaves.

New maps that are created by users and not by Max are the only ones I have been able to replicate it on.

Could you list the steps you need to do to replicate this please? I'm really curious, and it would help Max to fix it faster.

paco42 said:

Sounds great, but it doesn't explain why I kept spawning in the same place, getting killed over and over. Even less so, it doesn't explain why almost nothing happens when I play as - anonymous - unregistered player.

It actually might.

The image I made above explains that there is no way to edit the source of the custom map (therefore, it cannot be a cheater or a hacker), which means that this must be a bug. If Puppy can provide steps to trigger this bug, then we can get Max to fix it.

Oh and about the anonymous thing, I'm pretty sure that's a coincidence. Or logging out refreshes the page, which clears the map from the game cache. Or something. Admittedly that last one is a guess.

• November 1, 2019 5:46 PM PDT

Spawn killing: It is where players from the opposite team camp on the place where your team spawns, which means when you re-spawn after dying they automatically kill you.

• 507 posts
    November 1, 2019 5:48 PM PDT

xCommander said:

Spawn killing: It is where players from the opposite team camp on the place where your team spawns, which means when you re-spawn after dying they automatically kill you.

Right but that's not what he's talking about. Watch this video and notice how he falls through the floor after he spawns https://streamable.com/uzkm0

• November 1, 2019 6:04 PM PDT

It may be a flaw or bug in the map, this same thing has happened to me on this map.

• 609 posts
    November 11, 2019 5:54 AM PST
    Were you born in 1942 or are you 42 years old?
  • November 11, 2019 6:07 AM PST

STERBEN99 said: Were you born in 1942 or are you 42 years old?

Who?

• 6 posts
    May 27, 2020 10:29 AM PDT

i saw a cheater using teleporting hacks, and a hack that is most unpleasant, This hack that he used was a spectator kill hack where he killed players with the spectator. Its not cool at all

• 657 posts
    July 9, 2020 12:55 PM PDT

spectator killing ppl with drone,more like a drone bomb and exploding to other players