Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Monthly KDR reset to 0,00

• 14 posts
    May 24, 2020 3:59 AM PDT

I think KDR for every player should be reset to 0.00 in the beginning of every month.

So many clans don't want me because of my bad KDR and not only that but i've been called a noob and BOT for it so many times.

The current KDR system does not represent the true skill of a player because even you if you improve your skills a lot, you hardly can change your KDR. For example i have 200 000 kills and 150 000 deats, to increase my kdr to 2.00 i will need 100 000 more kills if we don't even count the new deaths. It will take me years to increase my KDR only to 2.00.

It's not fair and the best solution is to have monthly KDR reset to 0 for everyone. This way we can see the true skill of player at the current time. We can even make a competition like the best player of the month or something like that.

• 141 posts
    May 24, 2020 6:01 AM PDT

The issue is if you  die a lot in the beginning, which is most likely going to happen. So if you started out each month with a new Kdr. You would probably have a bad one, because it is super easy to get a bad Kdr and balancing the number of kills by the number of deaths you aquire. So honestly (this may apply to a majority of players) based upon your stats (as of now) and you play style, you would end up with a worse Kdr than you have now.

This post was edited by Explicit at June 25, 2020 9:58 AM PDT
    • 164 posts
    May 24, 2020 7:00 AM PDT

Ryunosoke said:

The issue is you cannot die a lot in the beginning, which is hard. So if you started out each month with a new Kdr. You would probably have a bad one, because it is super easy to get a bad Kdr in the beginning.

Huh?

• 7 posts
    June 24, 2020 7:22 PM PDT

g36 27500

• 156 posts
    March 15, 2021 7:31 PM PDT

JARO said:

I think KDR for every player should be reset to 0.00 in the beginning of every month.

So many clans don't want me because of my bad KDR and not only that but i've been called a noob and BOT for it so many times.

The current KDR system does not represent the true skill of a player because even you if you improve your skills a lot, you hardly can change your KDR. For example i have 200 000 kills and 150 000 deats, to increase my kdr to 2.00 i will need 100 000 more kills if we don't even count the new deaths. It will take me years to increase my KDR only to 2.00.

It's not fair and the best solution is to have monthly KDR reset to 0 for everyone. This way we can see the true skill of player at the current time. We can even make a competition like the best player of the month or something like that.

i agree the kdr should be reset every month 

This post was edited by ZXblah at March 15, 2021 7:32 PM PDT
    • 24 posts
    March 15, 2021 8:21 PM PDT
    JARO said:

Even I agree the kdr should be reset every month

• 21 posts
    March 15, 2021 8:53 PM PDT

I don't care my KDR is toooo bad.

• 2098 posts
    March 15, 2021 11:07 PM PDT

This wouldn't work mathmatically. Your KDR is the ratio of kills and deaths that you have. Meaning Kills divided by Deaths creating a fraction (in this case a decimal) that is your KDR. So having it reset to 0.00 every month would also mean that your kills and deaths would also have to be reset. For instance if your KDR was completely reset but your kills and deaths weren't the KDR wouldn't really make sense. If you play enough your KDR will start to go up. Mine started off at 1.69 and is now 1.88 from just playing sky and random servers.

• 14 posts
    March 16, 2021 5:59 AM PDT

Yes kills and deaths should be reset montly. Who cares about kills and deaths and this way the ranking will be more fun. Otherwise Airwolf will be forever in 1st place just because he is willing to grind more than anybody else.

• 6 posts
    March 16, 2021 6:06 AM PDT

Sorry Jaro, i think you might be screwed xD

jokez

• 49 posts
    March 16, 2021 6:36 AM PDT

I get the sentiment but this will never happen. Ranking system is based solely on XP gained from kills so if you reset them you'll probably mess up the ranks as well. Veterans of the game wouldn't appreciate this. It just doesn't make sense.

The kills and deaths are also representative of a player's investment in the game - how long they've played it. The problem is, Warmerise made KDR an issue since the community itself arbitrarily decided it would be the most important factor on whether a player is sufficiently skilled enough to be admitted into a clan. KDR as a statistic has always been around in most shooting games. It's not new.

So what then?

Instead, the more logical approach would be to measure a player's performance periodically by having a line graph on their profile page. As in, overall kills, deaths, and KDR will be kept but there's another graph which displays a monthly metric. For simplicity's sake, the metric in question could be a separate KDR (as OP has proposed) that gets reset every month. This graph will better illustrate a player's growth over time (provided that they play consistently enough). In the end, it's somewhat similar to the RWS metric used by ESEA - a third party matchmaking service for CSGO, though RWS is much more complex.

This post was edited by fshiteup at March 16, 2021 6:37 AM PDT
    • 63 posts
    March 16, 2021 6:48 AM PDT

yeah even i agree the KDR should be reset every month, to give everyone a fair chance :)

• 2098 posts
    March 16, 2021 9:48 AM PDT
    If your KDR was reset. So would your rank and xp.
    • 657 posts
    March 16, 2021 1:14 PM PDT

ioN said: If your KDR was reset. So would your rank and xp.

BAD BAD BAD IDEA i dont like my rank reseting and my xp reseting and i hate my KDR reseting i like my KDR to be 0.93 kdr

• March 16, 2021 1:38 PM PDT

KuKluxKlan said:

jokez

SAmmy  shut up jarro better than u u buy *** he atleast work for 1-2 wepons so stay out if u wana be toxic or joke around

• 6 posts
    March 16, 2021 11:09 PM PDT

robloproud9223450000 said:

KuKluxKlan said:

jokez

SAmmy  shut up jarro better than u u buy *** he atleast work for 1-2 wepons so stay out if u wana be toxic or joke around

Sammy? Thats a different player

• 652 posts
    November 2, 2021 2:08 AM PDT

JARO said:

So many clans don't want me because of my bad KDR and not only that but i've been called a **** and BOT for it so many times.

i kind of agree but still you will lose your kills and deaths every month like its quite annoying isnt it, my kdr started from 1.8 and it went up until the current kdr now

• 492 posts
    November 2, 2021 4:46 AM PDT

Azerine said:

JARO said:

So many clans don't want me because of my bad KDR and not only that but i've been called a **** and BOT for it so many times.

i kind of agree but still you will lose your kills and deaths every month like its quite annoying isnt it, my kdr started from 1.8 and it went up until the current kdr now

Man there is a difference between up the kdr when you are top 1000 like you or top 10 like JARO lmao

• 652 posts
    November 3, 2021 12:04 AM PDT

Dispater said:

Azerine said:

JARO said:

Man there is a difference between up the kdr when you are top 1000 like you or top 10 like JARO lmao

then reset the rank monthly instead of kdr..?

• 1146 posts
    November 3, 2021 1:10 AM PDT
    XD
    • 63 posts
    November 3, 2021 1:22 AM PDT

Azerine said:

Dispater said:

Azerine said:

JARO said:

lmao 200 IQ

• 492 posts
    November 3, 2021 3:47 AM PDT

are you talking to me or to Azayrine?

This post was edited by Dispater at November 3, 2021 3:48 AM PDT
    • 652 posts
    November 4, 2021 1:29 AM PDT

Aspect74 said:

Azerine said:

Dispater said:

Azerine said:

JARO said:

lmao 200 IQ

ikr me iq very big albert einstein died due to my overwhelming iq

• 2098 posts
    November 4, 2021 6:18 AM PDT
    If your KDR was reset to 0 every month. All of your kills and deaths would have to be reset. Unless there was a separate “monthly KD” statistic. Showcasing your kills and deaths from the current month.