Forums » General

Warmerise World Championship 2020: Warmerise Olympics

• 115 posts
    August 20, 2020 6:01 AM PDT

Warmerise World Championship 2020: Warmerise Olympics

The Warmerise Olympics is a 3v3 tournament starting September 12th this year.

This year, players will compete in an Olympic style tournament. However, unlike the real Olympics, players can form teams with others in the same continent instead of just their country. This will hopefully make it easier to form teams and connect.  

Teams of three players from Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, Africa, and Antarctica will compete against each other. 

Games will happen on Saturdays and Sundays, and will be streamed live to either YouTube or Twitch by the chosen streamers. 

If you are interested in competing, read the following closely.

Relevant links:

Featured Five Podcast

Registration Process Explanation

Event Page

Trailer

Team Posters

Procedure:

Each match will consist of three rounds (finals will have five rounds), two hosted by a participating member from each team. The hosting team gets to choose the map, region, and access to third person view, but the server itself will be created by a moderator. Matches will be played in Nuke Elimination mode unless the map being played has more than one single armory. In the event of a tiebreaker, the region will be chosen by the event moderators (who will try to choose the region that had the best average ping for all players over the previous two matches), and third person will be disabled. If there is a finals match tiebreaker, it will be played in regular Elimination. The server must have space for at least eight players, and set to be private, with the password being determined by the moderators. A map cannot be chosen twice in a duel, meaning that if your opponent chooses a certain map in the first match you won't be allowed to select it for the second match. The same goes for any tiebreaker rounds.

Available Maps:

Dustland, Area56, Secretlab, Bunker, Haunt, Skygates, Skyhall

This post was edited by Manager at September 13, 2020 2:38 PM PDT
    • 115 posts
    August 20, 2020 6:03 AM PDT

Rules:

1) The time at which the match will begin will be determined by the participating players, no further alterations will be made afterwards. (If you want to reschedule, give us a 24 hour notice. If you wait longer, then we will not do so.)

2) Leaving the match once it has started will not end the match unless all players on one team leave. Matches played 2v3 are allowed, as it is your responsibility to be at your matches with a stable connection, but 1v3 is not allowed. The team with more players may have one player stay in spectator if the teams are unbalanced, but do not have to.

3) Players have ten minutes to join the match. If a player does not reply within the ten minutes, the match will start without you. In addition, if members of only one team show up, it will be a win by forfeit.

4) Moderators' instructions are to be followed at all times.

5) Any use of hacking/cheating, glitches and/or exploits that are suspected by moderators will result in disqualification and a report to Max.

6) Upon joining the server remain in spectator mode until the moderators tell you to join teams. Do not spam chat and avoid making unnecessary comments/remarks. Casual conversation is fine.

7) If the moderators join teams in the middle of a round that round is a “No Kill Round” in which players are not allowed to attack the other team. The restriction is lifted once that round ends (meaning that the next round is a normal round and players may kill each other). Players will join their team in-between rounds if not already on their team.

8) Once a match ends, join spectator mode and await further instructions from the moderators.

9) The M67 and RPG are both banned, but all other weapons are allowed.

10) Suit upgrades are allowed.

11) Ignoring/not being aware of the rules is not an excuse to break them, and it won't protect you from punishment. The registration asks you if you have read the rules and we hope for everyone to reply with a “Yes”.

12) Use the chat in a correct way. You can talk with your opponent and even swear, although do not: spam, swear excessively, attempt any personal or racist attacks, or use any sort of excessively inappropriate speech. If found that you do, mods will warn you and if you don't comply with an attitude change you will lose the match as forfeit with possible disqualification.

13) If your ping is too high and is affecting gameplay you'll be warned and given a chance to try and correct it, in extreme cases, the lagging player will have to leave the match.

14) Multi-accounting is not tolerated. If you are found multi-accounting, both of your entered accounts will be disqualified.

15) Full use of the armory spot is allowed.

16) No stream sniping. If we have a suspicion that you’re stream sniping, we will investigate further and if it results in it being true, you will be disqualified.

17) Do not give away server passwords. Servers do not have unlimited space. If someone wishes to watch, kindly redirect them to the stream.

18) Try to minimize excessive camping.

19) Teams are allowed to have one backup each. However, you cannot be a backup for another team if you are already part of a team.

Prizes:

In-game cash will be awarded to competing teams, the amount will be announced soon.

Application:

Here's the registration form

Applications open the day of forum release (August 20th) and close on September 5th. No entries beyond that point will be accepted.

Message Manager or the organizers (StarWarsCrazyVivekFaerieDBMatt) if you have any questions regarding the tournament, rules, or wish to become part of our organizing team. (Some of us are graduating from tournament organizing after this year).

- The Featured Five Team

Special thanks to the entire community and to those who also made this possible.

Of the community, by the community, for the community.

Edit: We have been getting a lot of questions about the leniency of the continent rule. So, as a response we are making a rule that at least 2 people have to be from the same continent. This means that either 2/3 or 2/4 players have to be from the same continent. We will use the dominant continent from the MAIN roster (so disregarding backup) for your team name (For example, if you have 2 main players from NA and the other and the backup from SA, the team would represent NA). This should not discourage full continent teams because in the case where we limit the number of teams, we will take the teams with full continent teams first. Keep this in mind when making your teams. Good luck!

Edit: The RPG has been banned, after a forum poll from participating players.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMWyWeeF32A&t=95s

This post was edited by Manager at November 1, 2020 7:11 AM PST
    • 26 posts
    August 20, 2020 8:00 AM PDT

Hey moderaters i want to ask u all that i loggined for the tournament but it is showing that "You're part is not done . Now just make sure ur WHOLE team  registered:)" What does this mean i cant understand?

• 25 posts
    August 20, 2020 8:13 AM PDT

navneet030307 said:

Hey moderaters i want to ask u all that i loggined for the tournament but it is showing that "You're part is not done . Now just make sure ur WHOLE team  registered:)" What does this mean i cant understand?

Navneet, if you do not have a team at this moment, you do not have to worry about this. If you do have a team of 3 people, you will need them to fill this application out as well. So basically everyone that wants to play will fill this out. So again,

Applying solo: your part is done

Applying with a team: you need your teammates to fill this out as well

• 176 posts
    August 20, 2020 8:20 AM PDT

Vivek said:

navneet030307 said:

Navneet, if you do not have a team at this moment, you do not have to worry about this. If you do have a team of 3 people, you will need them to fill this application out as well. So basically everyone that wants to play will fill this out. So again,

well Navneet and RobotGuy are my teamates and we all filled out the form and it says that it is not done.

This post was edited by iX45 at August 20, 2020 8:20 AM PDT
    • 115 posts
    August 20, 2020 8:22 AM PDT

WarklooN said:

Vivek said:

navneet030307 said:

well Navneet and RobotGuy are my teamates and we all filled out the form and it says that it is not done.

Did you answer all the questions?

• 176 posts
    August 20, 2020 8:22 AM PDT

yeah

• 115 posts
    August 20, 2020 8:28 AM PDT

Did you watch Vivek's video on how to register? Maybe you'll discover where you went wrong. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atsQTEY-Zn8

• 1 posts
    August 20, 2020 6:30 PM PDT

Can i sign up to play.And what time does is play

• August 21, 2020 8:23 AM PDT

i wass sigin in to play but  when it startt tho i waant to win

• August 21, 2020 8:29 AM PDT

can yall help me out show me how to do applcation

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 8:36 AM PDT

boy1234 said:

can yall help me out show me how to do applcation

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atsQTEY-Zn8

I know it's long, but it'll be worth it.

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 8:39 AM PDT

dg723VN said:

Can i sign up to play.And what time does is play

Anyone can sign up to play. Just read through the rules in Manager's posts, follow this tutorial to fill out the registration form, and request to join on the event page. The first day of matches will be September 12th.

• 186 posts
    August 21, 2020 9:22 AM PDT

Greetings!

Good to see some action once again :D

Since most of my clanmates and me are going to participate I've read the rules and they are decent and understandable. Nice format and everything seems pretty well planned.

I do have two suggestions tho, which you can just ignore or give it some thought.

1. I think Skyhall could be a great addition for the tournament map pool, it has a very good design. Very good for competitive matches has short and long range distances for both automatic weapons and sniper rifles. Doesn't give much room for camping since it's a pretty open map. And personally I think it's far more competitive than other maps such as SkyGates.

2. In case of a 7th map addition such as the one mentioned before or any other of your choice this would work best, but still useful with 6 maps. I think in probably all games from League of Legend type of games to Counter Strike or now Valorant, there is a bit more to it than just picking. They give you the option to ban stuff. I'd suggest to give the teams the chance of banning 1 map and picking 1 map.

Example:

I suggest this because in most tournament it's done this way. Because let's say two teams are facing and both of them hate Bunker, and it gets to be the map they have to play choosen randomly by the mods. It's both unpleasant for the participants, but also the quality of the match is going to drop compared to them playing on map they both tolerate.

Example: Team 1 hates Dustland and Team 2 hates Area56, now both those maps are banned and each plays a map they like. Plus the tiebreaker, in case of it being necessary it's going to be played on an even map both teams don't really mind having to play.

First suggestion is just my personal opinion on that map being good and it's an official map made by Max. Second suggestion is something I already felt last year's tournament was missing.

Best regards!

• 2 posts
    August 21, 2020 9:35 AM PDT

HElp so i need to know where is the apilcation

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 9:39 AM PDT

MrProper said:

HElp so i need to know where is the apilcation

There's a section on the forum that says "Application". It's in large bold letters. The link to the application is right under it.

• 2 posts
    August 21, 2020 9:48 AM PDT

When Is the time is it gonna start what time?

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 10:45 AM PDT

Go back and read rule #1. The time at which the match will begin will be determined by the participating players. The players haven't even been confirmed yet, applications just opened yesterday. Applications end September 5th, matches start the 12th. We'll probably send players theirs messages at least a couple days before the match days.

This post was edited by StarWarsCrazy at August 21, 2020 10:47 AM PDT
    • 4 posts
    August 21, 2020 12:41 PM PDT

Hey guys, I know this is a common question, but how do I sign up? Do you have to be a certain rank or something to get in?

This post was edited by joellywolly at August 21, 2020 12:42 PM PDT
    • 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 12:44 PM PDT

joellywolly said:

Hey guys, I know this is a common question, but how do I sign up? Do you have to be a certain rank or something to get in?

There are no requirements to join, other than following the rules listed above in one of the main posts and filling out the form correctly. There's a video in the original post by Manager to help you fill it out.

This post was edited by StarWarsCrazy at August 21, 2020 12:46 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    August 21, 2020 12:49 PM PDT

This is for TERMINATOR1000

You sent a message to the clan [Knights Templar] saying that you are going to be busy so you need someone to represent the clan. I am willing to represent the clan for you. It's up to you, but I want to (if someone isn't already) be the person that represents the clan. 

Please send me a messeage if you have an answer.

Thanks alot!

• 4 posts
    August 21, 2020 12:51 PM PDT

OK, Thank you so much for the help!

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 12:55 PM PDT

No problem. Also, I suggest DMing Terminator about that in private instead of posting it here publically.

• 4 posts
    August 21, 2020 12:56 PM PDT

Oh sorry. OK how do i DM someone?

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2020 1:01 PM PDT

joellywolly said:

Oh sorry. OK how do i DM someone?

You go to their profile, add them as a friend (the button is under their profile picture on the left). Once they accept the friend request, there'll be an option to message them (in about the same spot on their profile page).