Forums » Custom Maps

HELP. MULTIPLE LEDDERS.

• 373 posts
    April 6, 2021 3:09 PM PDT

Help. I am working on New Map and Need multiple ledders of variable lenth. I duplicate them without opening a prefab and also tried inside the prefab, but when I position them - only one of them works, but others seem to have that box with them but they slice you or don't work or disappear. Do you I have to rename it or attach a script somehow, or maybe I have to group them into one object or parent. And what is the right way to extend them or enlarge them? Help.

This post was edited by antonnovik at April 7, 2021 4:00 AM PDT
    • 73 posts
    April 6, 2021 6:42 PM PDT

Where are you going to put these ladders?

• 7 posts
    April 6, 2021 9:01 PM PDT

not LADDERS nonono LEDDERS lol

• 373 posts
    April 7, 2021 3:55 AM PDT

Beethoven. You know the answer and do not want to help me, but looks like you want everyone to play your "simple theme" maps. And they are great for those who lag. However, eventually those who lag get upgrades and can play bigger and more complex maps. I bet Warmerise developers have complex Soldiers and Humvees in store to upgrade the game in few years. Even those who are in not so developed Countries often upgrade to good computer deals and great internet. I been thinking today about making so called "simple" style map with few walls and no decor, and I already defined rules that make simple maps great. Perhaps I may call my simple map "SIMPLE S LITE GTS". But getting better at 3D design is all about taking everything to the next level every time.

This post was edited by antonnovik at April 7, 2021 4:02 AM PDT
    • 73 posts
    April 7, 2021 4:32 AM PDT

I actually have a big project with someone, but I need to wait for his blueprint.

Therefore, I don't want to waste time but making maps this week for killing time.

My way to solve the ladder problem : ( And I don't think you will follow this )

Use a cube to cover the ladder and set the box collider's height correctly...

I just have a laptop, if I ask for a better PC setup, I will get slapped by My parents F&6s87y8sgyuoy8^&(A*O&Y(hh

Try to make a simple map if you want, everything will be easy after you finished the layout of the map. 

By the way, you use Blender for 3d modeling? I stunned when I had seen the default cube and didn't know what to do, Hell

This post was edited by Beethoven at April 7, 2021 4:34 AM PDT
    • 507 posts
    April 7, 2021 4:50 AM PDT

Howdy.

This was a fun problem to solve. Basically, one of the ladder objects has a collider attached to it that's used for the game logic. Below you'll find instructions for ladder extention and duplication. Let me know if anything is unclear.

• 73 posts
    April 7, 2021 5:18 AM PDT

Nice, I am going to try it myself, thank you for the solution!

• 657 posts
    April 7, 2021 6:21 AM PDT

Beethoven said:

I actually have a big project with someone, but I need to wait for his blueprint.

Therefore, I don't want to waste time but making maps this week for killing time.

I just have a laptop, if I ask for a better PC setup, I will get slapped by My parents F&6s87y8sgyuoy8^&(A*O&Y(hh

Try to make a simple map if you want, everything will be easy after you finished the layout of the map. 

By the way, you use Blender for 3d modeling? I stunned when I had seen the default cube and didn't know what to do, Hell

"F&6s87y8sgyuoy8^&(A*O&Y(hh"=

• 373 posts
    April 7, 2021 9:43 AM PDT

Thank You.

While waiting for your help I made very Light Simple Map but with Powerful Design. Go Test it Offline and Rate it. It is called "OPERATION GT45".

• 657 posts
    April 7, 2021 9:48 AM PDT

is dat ur real life face in warmerise profile photo?

• 657 posts
    April 7, 2021 10:01 AM PDT

it is good but can u add a secret doors (same wall pic and colour) and a meme coz i like secrets and memes and both so ye i will rate stars if u add few secret doors with same wall pic and colour and add few memes and written letters at a pic coz i like memes,secrets and letters to memes

• 73 posts
    April 7, 2021 4:06 PM PDT

I will help you but not now, haven't brushed my teeth yet...

Edit : I think it is a maze?

This post was edited by Beethoven at April 7, 2021 4:58 PM PDT
  • off
    • 223 posts
    April 10, 2021 2:14 AM PDT

agent743 said:

Beethoven said:

LOL

"F&6s87y8sgyuoy8^&(A*O&Y(hh"=