Forums » Custom Maps

• 93 posts
    September 12, 2021 12:43 AM PDT

ICOS Logo

Fight your battle high up in the clouds on this heavenly, ancient sky map!
    Just don't fall off...

Map Overview

< Map is ready for player testing at this point. However, note that more things will get added in the future. >

Created with Unity 2020.3.16f1 and ProBuilder. Lightmapping done with Bakery Lightmapper.

- Changelog -

Version 3 (February 5, 2022) (Quality of Life update)
    [Added] Particle effects to ladders.
    [Changed] Ladders are now invisible.
    [Changed] The "Ico Well" now has a new design.

Version 2 (September 16, 2021)
    Added huts for additional cover. This should (hopefully) improve balancing.

Version 1 (September 12, 2021)
    Initial release

This post was edited by DeadArt at February 5, 2022 2:43 PM PST
    • 2097 posts
    September 16, 2021 4:14 PM PDT
    Looks interesting. You may want to add some details to your land
    • 93 posts
    September 17, 2021 8:19 AM PDT

Thanks, Manickaa. It's planned :)

• 2097 posts
    September 17, 2021 8:23 AM PDT
    I take that back. It looks quite nice in game. This is actually quite a fun map to play on. Well done.
    • 657 posts
    September 18, 2021 11:59 AM PDT

Tzu said:

DONT ADD ANYTHING MAKE IT LIKE JET ARENA SO WE CAN FARM XP FASTER.

yup that is what we want

• 2097 posts
    September 18, 2021 12:45 PM PDT
    Jets arena was terrible.
    • 657 posts
    September 18, 2021 12:57 PM PDT

Manickaa said: Jets arena was terrible.

it wasnt terrible it was fun and great match

• 2097 posts
    September 18, 2021 1:09 PM PDT
    Are you mad?
    • 657 posts
    September 18, 2021 2:21 PM PDT

Manickaa said: Are you mad?

no im not i like jets arena cos it is good for me to get xps fast

• 241 posts
    September 29, 2021 8:08 PM PDT

jet arena was the most laziest and terrible map I ever saw. So glad max removed it.

• 2097 posts
    October 2, 2021 7:49 PM PDT
    Well this is officially my new favorite custom map of 2021.
    • 127 posts
    October 3, 2021 9:41 PM PDT

This map is funny + we can farm xp faster

• 93 posts
    November 19, 2021 10:37 PM PST

Development Update

I've been heavily thinking about how to go further with this map for the past weeks. While I do like the overall art style, I can't overlook that it is a balancing nightmare. Still, I have yet to come up with a better design... but I'll get there ;)

Now, I'm aware that people like the map in its current form. Here's some good news for those: The map will remain published and might receive a final third version. If there will ever be a redesigned version of Icos, it will likely be called "Icos (New Ver.)" or similar.

A little rant from my side: I really wish Warmerise wouldn't be so limited in terms of tech! Physically Based Rendering (PBR) is a thing nowadays and it works in Unity's WebGL. Light Probes also work in WebGL. Those are small things that, when enabled, could improve the overall graphics quality of the game by miles. Please consider upgrading, Max.

This post was edited by DeadArt at November 19, 2021 10:37 PM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 1:37 AM PST

ADD GLASS ELEMENTS . MAYBE MADE MAKE BRIDGES OUT OF GLASS LIKE I HAD ON THE MAP "SKYLIMIT NEPTYRUS" ( I THINK IT IS STILL ON YOUTUBE IN ONE VIDEO BUT I DELETED THAT MAP ) . GLASS WORKS WHEN YOU SELECT MATERIAL "LEGACY SHADERS - TRANSPARENT - VERTEXLIT AND ADJUST OPACITY" . . . INSERT GLASS SHIELDS INTO THE PAVEMENT AROUND THE PERIMETER . CUT HOLES IN THE BIG CUBE COLUMNS TO GIVE SOME COVER TO RESPAWN IN SUCH INDENTED ROOMS . AND YOU CAN MAKE MORE FLOATING ORBS AROUND TO USE AS COVER IF SOMEONE SHOOTS AT YOU FROM THE TOP . . . 

• 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 2:16 AM PST

I LEFT SOME TOPICS HERE WITH LINKS TO DOWNLOAD SIMPLE CARS I CREATED AND YOU MAY PUT FLYING CARS ON YOUR "ICOS" MAP AS OBJECTS/PROPS TO HIDE BEHIND AND AS DECOR https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/2467/free-flying-car-prop-models-for-maps-car550

• 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 2:20 AM PST

YOU CAN ADD GLASS RAMP TO THE ROOF OF THE BUILDINGS YOU GOT THERE AND FROM THERE TO THE TOP OF THE CUBE COLUMNS . 

• 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 2:21 AM PST

YOU CAN ADD BUTTOM LEVEL LIKE A GLASS FLAT FLOOR BUT A BIT LARGER THEN THE MAIN LEVEL SO YOU COULD FALL ON IT AND MAKE 4 RAMPS TO GET BACK UP TO THE MAIN LEVEL . 

• 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 2:24 AM PST

YOU CAN BUILD GLASS ENCLOSURE ( DOME OR CUBE ) AROUND THE ARMORIES  WITH AN ENTRANCE SO YOU COULD BUY EXTRA AMMO IN SAFETY . 

• 507 posts
    November 20, 2021 2:50 AM PST
    Your art style is great, I was actually really disappointed by the simple map layout because the textures and environment/atmosphere were really pretty. Definitely excited to see you use these assets in a more creative layout.

Edit: don't listen to Anton. His maps are so bad, he's the only person banned from making them.
    This post was edited by chronospectrum at November 20, 2021 2:51 AM PST
  • November 20, 2021 3:07 AM PST
    Icos is very good. A good custom map. I played at it and felt satisfied. Thank you for the good map!
    • 657 posts
    November 20, 2021 6:02 AM PST

anton,instead of building by urself and jealous,why dont u get a life and work with bennychow together and be a good map maker

ALSO CAN U FÚCKING STOP TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ITS STRAINING MY EYES BADLY

This post was edited by agent743 at November 20, 2021 6:02 AM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 9:22 AM PST

MAXAPPATAMUS CREATED ERRORS SO I CANNOT UPLOAD OR TEST MY MAPS BECAUSE HE IS AFRAID THAT BEETHOVEN OR OTHERS MAY CRY AND PUSH NEGATIVITY INTO THE GAME TO DISCORAGE OTHERS TO PLAY AND MANY MAY NOT SPEND REAL CAAKAASH TO PAY MAXAPATTAMUS TO BUY SEAWEED BY THE BARREL . 

• 657 posts
    November 20, 2021 9:25 AM PST

r u trolling more??

• 254 posts
    November 20, 2021 12:04 PM PST

chronospectrum said:Edit: don't listen to Anton. His maps are so bad, he's the only person banned from making them.

You just don't know how much that made my day! That's hilarious!!

• 373 posts
    November 20, 2021 4:19 PM PST

HERE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INTELLIGENT AND STUPID PEOPLE . STUPID PEOPLE ALWAYS FOCUS ON THE NEGATIVE OR ON THE JOKE , BUT INTELLIGENT PEOPLE FOCUS ON WHAT THEY COULD LEARN FROM THE SITUATION AND HOW THEY CAN HELP AND HOW JOKE UNCOVERS NEW SECRETS . PRESIDENT ADVISORS KNOW IT , TOP ATHLETES KNOW IT , CELEBRITIES KNOW IT BUT WARMERISE ROACHES JUST TROLLING .