Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Show username history

• 507 posts
    October 12, 2021 1:35 PM PDT

While this probably isn't an issue for most players, usernames on this site change fairly regularly. This makes it a challenge to organize events and sometimes to recruit clan members. I don't want to take this ability away. It's useful for players who have a change of heart, and its a potential income source for the game due to the high price, both of those are good things. I would, however, like to be able to track a persons previous usernames so that I don't have to memorize these kinds of things. A link below a players name in the profile page that opens a pop-up window with a list of past names in chronological order would be absolutely fantastic, but really any implementation would be very much appreciated.

• 377 posts
    October 12, 2021 7:34 PM PDT

a link wouldent make much sense. it would be better if you click on their name and it would show their past names. but i do agree with this idea.

• 507 posts
    October 13, 2021 12:56 AM PDT
    Yeah, I don't mind the implementation much, so long as the feature is there.
    • 2097 posts
    October 13, 2021 6:11 AM PDT
    This is a feature on steam. Quite nice.
    • 241 posts
    October 13, 2021 7:58 AM PDT

This feature is available in roblox. 
    I agree with this idea and I think this feature should work even when the profile is private.

• 377 posts
    October 13, 2021 5:04 PM PDT

most warmerise site features are copied from roblox.

• 998 posts
    October 13, 2021 5:12 PM PDT

I will consider adding a "Previous Name" line to be visible for a limited time after each name change.

• 2097 posts
    October 13, 2021 6:22 PM PDT
    Max! How you been?
    • 998 posts
    October 13, 2021 7:33 PM PDT

Manickaa said: Max! How you been?

Been good, new updates are coming in 2022.

• 2097 posts
    October 13, 2021 8:10 PM PDT
    Glad to hear. Will multithreading become a possibility in 2022?
    • 998 posts
    October 13, 2021 8:42 PM PDT
    Manickaa said:
    Glad to hear. Will multithreading become a possibility in 2022?

Can't say for sure, going to do a few tests tomorrow to see where Unity's multithreading implementation stands at the moment, will make a post on that.
    • 507 posts
    October 13, 2021 8:54 PM PDT
    Max said:

I will consider adding a "Previous Name" line to be visible for a limited time after each name change.

Thanks for responding, glad you're doing alright still :) Respectfully, having it be a temporary display makes it less useful. We sometimes need to reference usernames from tournaments a few years prior, so even a long time after a name change might still not be long enough for our particular use for the feature.
    • 2097 posts
    October 13, 2021 9:51 PM PDT

Max said: Can't say for sure, going to do a few tests tomorrow to see where Unity's multithreading implementation stands at the moment, will make a post on that.

I'm excited about this one :)

• 241 posts
    October 13, 2021 11:27 PM PDT

Even Max agrees. Ain't that so nice :)

• 998 posts
    October 14, 2021 6:06 PM PDT

Update: Multithreading didn't work, apparently there is a bug in multiple versions of Unity when making a build.

• 2097 posts
    October 14, 2021 6:56 PM PDT
    Sad. Do you think you would ever end up considering a Stand-alone version?
    This post was edited by Avalon at October 14, 2021 6:56 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    October 16, 2021 5:24 AM PDT

Max said:

don't want to be that guy

But a numerical ID would be better and simpler

• 241 posts
    October 16, 2021 5:51 AM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

Max said:

That can work too
    many platforms have that feature. 
    Is it the same as UID ?

This post was edited by poisondkindia1 at October 16, 2021 5:51 AM PDT
    • 507 posts
    October 16, 2021 9:52 AM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

Max said:

that's actually brilliant

• 998 posts
    October 17, 2021 1:24 PM PDT

chronospectrum said:
    Max said:

Thanks for responding, glad you're doing alright still :) Respectfully, having it be a temporary display makes it less useful. We sometimes need to reference usernames from tournaments a few years prior, so even a long time after a name change might still not be long enough for our particular use for the feature.

The name change is reflected everywhere, including the event page, so the stuff like awards, teams, and scores are always linked to the player's current name.

I might consider adding a list of all previous names that are newer than a few months, to prevent drastic identity change.

• 657 posts
    October 17, 2021 2:26 PM PDT

Max said:

chronospectrum said:
    Max said:

The name change is reflected everywhere, including the event page, so the stuff like awards, teams, and scores are always linked to the player's current name.

I might consider adding a list of all previous names that are newer than a few months, to prevent drastic identity change.

yes max

force (i dont remember is deadforce or force)

before his name was ronaldo7 now he changed to something force now i cannot remember any more fix the "drastic identity change"

• 657 posts
    October 17, 2021 2:37 PM PDT

max

for some reason i get kicked out from my own region and other regions too!

but it kicks me out only in winter and autumn terms in night

please help to fix the major cases of getting kicked out while in night including my own region EU

• 652 posts
    November 7, 2021 7:09 PM PST

wrong topic..