Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Crawling option

• 37 posts
    March 30, 2017 5:12 PM PDT

I'm not sure whether this was suggested last year or not (if it has been then forgive me) but I was thinking of us players having the ability to crawl. Now i know that this option would be virtually useles in maps like "SecretLab" and "Area 56". but it would be so cool to be able to do this in maps like "TheRoad" and "T-Pile". Just imagine being able to climb up on an elevated part of the map and just lie there and wait patiently for your victims to come into view, and then BAM!

Ofcoarse, this would mainly be used by snipers, but if you're really creative you can even hide among a dead body. let me know what you guys think.

• 254 posts
    March 31, 2017 8:21 AM PDT

Ahh. I remember suggesting a prone position in the last incarnation {I was thinking it'd be great for snipers especially} but I don't believe I thought of crawling. But even on SecretLab and Area 56 it would work. Simply lie prone in a doorway and shoot people as they come along - at least until they come back and take you out. It's too bad the bodies don't stick around longer. I can imagine piling 'em up into a barrier as long as enemies keep coming. LOL

• April 1, 2017 4:53 AM PDT

I remember I was playing another game, and there were like 5 dead bodies. I crawled near them with the knife in my hand. 2 enemies came and tought I was a dead body, and then BAM, backstab! It was so cool!

• 37 posts
    April 1, 2017 5:39 AM PDT

TheLegend27 said:

I remember I was playing another game, and there were like 5 dead bodies. I crawled near them with the knife in my hand. 2 enemies came and tought I was a dead body, and then BAM, backstab! It was so cool!

And that's exactly why this would be a great addition to this game :)

• 254 posts
    April 1, 2017 7:46 AM PDT

TheLegend27 said:

D@mn! I hadn't even thought of that! What a riot!!!

• 609 posts
    April 2, 2017 4:33 AM PDT

this would obsioulsy make targets harder to hit, some pros and cons

Pros: Execellent for stealth, mainly sniper

Cons: This would make even harder to hit some targets, think for example in Base, some spots if you lay down you are virtually impossible to hit

don´t get me wrong, great idea i've actually thought of this before also but idk if this would work

(maybe lets give it a shot)

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at April 2, 2017 6:31 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 2, 2017 8:42 AM PDT
    STERBEN99 said:

Cons: This would make even harder to hit some targets, think for example in Base, some spots if you lay down you are virtually impossible to hit

don´t get me wrong, great idea i've actually thought of this before also but idk if this would work

Great points that you noted there :), I, too, feel like we can still give it a shot; With a little restrictons here and there (eg. "Crawl position time: 30 seconds") this might be able to work.
    • 254 posts
    April 2, 2017 9:10 AM PDT

Sure, but isn't it one of the goals NOT to get shot? You use what you can {without cheating, of course} to get the other person before he/she gets you. It might even cause you to get more skillful with your searching & shooting in order to kill someone in a prone position.

I just don't understand not wanting something like this just because it's hard to kill someone in that position. May as well make it possible to see/shoot someone through walls and obsticles because those things block you from killing them. It doesn't seem like a valid argument to me. But hey, to each his own I guess.

• 609 posts
    April 2, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

GoTzSkIlLz said:
    STERBEN99 said:

Great points that you noted there :), I, too, feel like we can still give it a shot; With a little restrictons here and there (eg. "Crawl position time: 30 seconds") this might be able to work.

great idea or maybe increase the damage taken

• 609 posts
    April 2, 2017 9:31 AM PDT

BlueDragonFire said:

Sure, but isn't it one of the goals NOT to get shot? You use what you can {without cheating, of course} to get the other person before he/she gets you. It might even cause you to get more skillful with your searching & shooting in order to kill someone in a prone position.

I just don't understand not wanting something like this just because it's hard to kill someone in that position. May as well make it possible to see/shoot someone through walls and obsticles because those things block you from killing them. It doesn't seem like a valid argument to me. But hey, to each his own I guess.

I understand your point, but picture this

map base, loads of player, lets say 18 for the example

Imagine the blue team for instances all flat on the ground with snipers...what a freaking fire barrage, impossible (super hard)  to get hit by guns like UMP or blast due to the distance.

I understand that the point is too not get shoot and i would love to, but i would go insange with a guy lets say on the Ramp in secret labe camping there, letting no one pass, not to mention that if a player was getting shot he would crawl immedeatly, since the animations should be very very quick, like it is with crouching now, it would be a pain in the ***

once again i quinda like the idea, but idk if this woul work