Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

gameplay improvements;

• 10 posts
    January 6, 2022 11:20 AM PST

in this post, i am going to be ignoring the ludacris pay to win and bugs / glitches. 

1. the art style is very mis-match! i know maps are community made ( most of the time ) but the character is just too detailed yet not detailed enough, so that it is hard to make maps that fit into the style! as a fellow dev ( of other stuff.. ) i've found the simplest way to fix this, i just simplicity. take shellshockers for example, just a simple egg that fits really well into practically any art style. maybe a much simpler version of the trooper, or extremely simple ( not just reduced poly count ) HALO spartan.

2. sounds are very all over the place and again, mis-matched! not all are bad, for example, the hit sound ( of a bullet hitting ) is very satisfying, if not turned into a meme...  but death sounds just dont make sense. your in armour and you can hear flesh and guts squish? for a browser game it is very over the top, and really breaks the illusion

3. gunplay is fun, but could be a bit more varied. all guns fall into 3 categories, sniper, assualt and shotgun. every weapon ( excluding melee and bow, gravgun, maybe others im forgetting ) falls into one of these categories, and do the same exact things, just with differing success. gun design is completely based on 2 things, aim-in zoom amount and damage. the pistol ( starting pistol ) has the same exact accuracy as the starting sniper! not exactly ideal when you can end lives at the range of a sniper with the 'worst' gun in the game.

4. bullet speeds are quite odd... i understand having to lead your shots, but the bullets in general move very slowly! ( sniper rifle bullets seem to move slower than many other guns... whats that? )

5. coins are only dropped with headshots, this seems unfair because the average player getting a headshot is either luck or sniping. if it is luck, then better players, who train for headshots, get more ( better ) equipment, and the less skilled get less items. this further extrapolates the skill difference. if it is sniping, then it is most often across map, base to base. in which case, you would never get the coin, and your opponents teammates will instead!    nevermind! i was stuck in 2020 mindset...

6. switching from first person to third is very odd, and unneccesary. having third person as an option, completely destroys the first person perspectives usefullness. VERY PROBLEMATIC

if this seems like an angry rant because i lost, it's not. i find this game very fun, but very unfinished ( i do understand it is still being made by 'max' )  

any feedback on my post, such as corrections or improvements are welcome!  if needed, i will perhaps post some solutions to these and more problems, to better balance out the game.

( EDIT 2 )

This post was edited by Paths at January 10, 2022 5:33 PM PST
  • January 11, 2022 7:25 PM PST

I wouldent change the charater. I would just improve the graphics to fit in the charater. and I do agree about the bullet speed. and I do agree with number 4, 3, and 2. and how your charater turns is odd too, you waist does not move an inch. the entire soldier moves, instead of turning the waist, but that would make it hard to play (I think). and this game is REALLY unfinished. 

• 10 posts
    January 13, 2022 10:11 AM PST

Addition;

7. cam shake when being hit is very obnouxous, i understand the mechanic, and i agree it's a good idea, it's just VERY srong.

8. bows really need nerfing. they do way more damage than what they should ( i do know that they are hard to master and that is good )

• 657 posts
    January 13, 2022 10:37 AM PST

Paths said:

Addition;

7. cam shake when being hit is very obnouxous, i understand the mechanic, and i agree it's a good idea, it's just VERY srong.

8. bows really need nerfing. they do way more damage than what they should ( i do know that they are hard to master and that is good )

just leave the bow dmg, it is same as the realistic bow when arrow hits to the torso which might hit it hard or hit it through torso and it end up hit to the heart

• 657 posts
    January 13, 2022 10:40 AM PST

also this needs improvement as well,ppl are just using autos in "only sniper" maps,yes we all know machine gunners want to use this for fun,annoy them, grinding but also farming for getting $ and XPS 

• 10 posts
    January 13, 2022 11:40 AM PST

agent743 said:

Paths said:

Addition;

just leave the bow dmg, it is same as the realistic bow when arrow hits to the torso which might hit it hard or hit it through torso and it end up hit to the heart

umm, the warmerise soldiers are wearing power armour....

• 657 posts
    January 13, 2022 11:49 AM PST

Paths said:

agent743 said:

Paths said:

Addition;

umm, the warmerise soldiers are wearing power armour....

*powerful armor

• 212 posts
    January 13, 2022 11:53 AM PST

Well I don't know if Railrifle has the worst speed bullet but even in mid-range the bullet drop is bad, long range is fine but when I use it in mid-range it feels like it's a very week weapon ..idk it feels weird.

About the screen shake, it is as you said 'obnoxious' but I think that it is because it 'accumulates' I mean when someone with high ping shoots you a round of UMP the shake multiplies x5. and when more than 2 players shoots you it is nothing you can do but try to run away lol.

+if you hide the hud the crosshair hides too, it would be nice if you can hide everything but the crosshair.