Forums » General

Why do people complain of the lack of new content in Warmerise?

• March 12, 2022 7:03 PM PST

Ok, I get why you would want new content but this game is almost a decade old I think and it has only one developer aka Max. And Max still has been giving bug fixes and makes the players of this game know this game isn't abandoned. So the question remain's, why do you complain about the lack of new content even with the overwhelming factors on why this game has a lack of content?

• 192 posts
    March 13, 2022 3:27 PM PDT

A372 said:

Ok, I get why you would want new content but this game is almost a decade old I think and it has only one developer aka Max. And Max still has been giving bug fixes and makes the players of this game know this game isn't abandoned. So the question remain's, why do you complain about the lack of new content even with the overwhelming factors on why this game has a lack of content?

Max isn't a real game dev a decade is long enough for a game developer to make or be apart of at least 20+ games 

This post was edited by PlasmaStrikerZ at March 13, 2022 3:29 PM PDT
  • March 13, 2022 4:46 PM PDT

¨A decade is long enough for a game devoloper to make or be apart of at least 20+ games¨ Do you not know how long it take's to make a 3d first person shooter and the fact you said the a devoloper can make or be apart of at least 20+ games is just beyond my belief.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at March 13, 2022 6:10 PM PDT
    • 192 posts
    March 14, 2022 5:29 AM PDT

A372 said:

¨A decade is long enough for a game devoloper to make or be apart of at least 20+ games¨ Do you not know how long it take's to make a 3d first person shooter and the fact you said the a devoloper can make or be apart of at least 20+ games is just beyond my belief.

do you know how long 10 years is sure you can be a part of 20 projects in a decade they don't always have to be commercially made either or if you are not that good maybe 8 or 9 games

• 102 posts
    March 14, 2022 12:23 PM PDT

Mostly, people complain because Max does unwanted updates. Game has a lot issues and Max creates new things instead of fixing things and as a result his updates causes new bugs. In fact, yeah he is solo developer and its his own project so he can do whatever he wants but seeing same & simple issues every time makes game unplayable and destroying game enjoyment. 

• 458 posts
    March 14, 2022 6:51 PM PDT

Yes, for example, he had to remove those old jeeps? They we're good enough, also the flying spectator when it was viewable was fantastic, it's just sad to see these great features getting removed.

• 2097 posts
    March 14, 2022 8:32 PM PDT
    Miss Unity
  • March 15, 2022 6:47 AM PDT
    People like this game and play it very much. So, they get bored and want new new updates. As Max is a lone developer, I feel like he gets a lot of pressure and stress from his side. Wanting new updates is normal because a lot of games these days get frequent updates. So, maybe people are asking for new new updates in that mindset. This is my opinion.
  • March 15, 2022 3:28 PM PDT

Thanks for the answer guy's!

• 283 posts
    March 17, 2022 4:50 PM PDT
    A lot had to be compromised in the game to make it playable after it was ported to webgl. Even after so many updates, people still prefer the old unity version.
    Max could have just sticked with Unity and asked people to download a specific browser or he could've just continued with the standalone version of warmerise (downloadable), but that would've just taken away the whole point of the game. Many people don't realize this but the point of warmerise being a browser game is so it can be played anywhere, anytime, without needing to download anything for it. You take a short break on work or from a class, you use your laptop for a quick game and then go back to your work or class. My friends who got to knew about warmerise from me, still play it on their break. When we got together and wanted to play sth together but couldn't find a common game we all had, we just put on warmerise and everyone was in game within 2 minutes, played a few matches until we had to head out. And this is what makes this amazing. Some people play it occasionaly for a quick entertainment, some compete in top 100 leaderboard, some people play in tournaments. Know that these 3 are separate audiences and a browser game being used for all 3, certainly deserves a praise. But, there will always be people who will complain, because the game do have issues and some bugs that come back everytime, and that's where the "max being the only developer" part comes in.
    This post was edited by DeathBringer908 at March 17, 2022 4:51 PM PDT
    • 652 posts
    March 18, 2022 10:13 AM PDT

my opinion out there

max just needs to hire several people (preferably 3+) to become a staff and stop carrying all tons of weight from the game himself

• 2097 posts
    March 18, 2022 10:20 AM PDT
    He can’t really afford to hire people.
    • 1 posts
    March 18, 2022 10:49 AM PDT

I feel like people nowadays are used too playing games like fortnite or minecraft where it gets updated constantly. Im used too games like Team Fortress 2 and stuff like that where we don't get any content.

• 458 posts
    March 18, 2022 11:21 AM PDT

What

• 144 posts
    April 23, 2022 12:36 PM PDT

PlasmaStrikerZ said:

A372 said:

do you know how long 10 years is sure you can be a part of 20 projects in a decade they don't always have to be commercially made either or if you are not that good maybe 8 or 9 games

have you ever done any form of programming? Programming is only half of the part, the other half is debugging, improving project, ect. Ask any serious programmers out there, its true. 

Remember, warmerise is an indie fps game, not some AAA company game. 

This post was edited by Stoplookin9 at April 23, 2022 12:38 PM PDT
    • 2097 posts
    April 23, 2022 1:50 PM PDT
    ^
  • April 28, 2022 8:54 PM PDT

Stoplookin9 said:

PlasmaStrikerZ said:

A372 said:

have you ever done any form of programming? Programming is only half of the part, the other half is debugging, improving project, ect. Ask any serious programmers out there, its true. 

/\

This post was edited by Deleted Member at April 28, 2022 8:54 PM PDT
    • 55 posts
    May 1, 2022 9:44 AM PDT

If max is busy then he can't really add things until hes done testing them or finished with his busy things

• 49 posts
    May 15, 2022 9:27 AM PDT

Stoplookin9 said: 

LOL I was gonna say something like this. 20+ definitely sounds like a number they pulled out of thin air.

Of course it depends on the complexity of the game(s) you're making, I have an IT background and I don't think any serious game developer would limit their journey to only making 2D games with simple logic so they can hit that arbitrary "20+" projects milestone to then brag about it. 3D games are on another level and any developer who takes on multiple projects at once is often doing more harm to themselves than good. I also doubt anyone would be a hobbyist game dev for a decade straight with tens of unfinished projects lying around.

The programming phrase (aka implementation) is only commenced once the proof of concept and solid design are set in stone, followed by performing maintenance and providing updates, expanding upon the game's functionalities, then back to debugging again to make sure you didn't cause more problems.