Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise - 2.7.4

This topic has been closed.
    • 49 posts
    December 21, 2022 7:59 AM PST

Max said: There were some changes in this update to how the bullet spread was calculated, which affected the shotgun's bullet spread, so technically it was set to how it was before.

So you made a global tweak to gun spread? Should have probably included that in the changelog imo.

tyu1 said:

Hi all, 

Has anybody else had the problem that their gun just stops whenever they are shooting an oponent? At first I thought my mouse was broken. But after testing around a bit it only happens when I'm actually landing hits on a player from the other team. I have to reclick on a fully automatic weapon, doesn't matter which one, because my gun suddenly stops even if there is still half a clip remaining. This doesn't occur when I shoot my own teammates, or anything else. Happens in both first and third person. It started since the recent Dec 20 update.

Funnily enough, I used to have this exact problem. It went away one day on its own, I never knew what the problem was. Perhaps try switching browser because I vaguely remember trying different browers where it didn't happen.

This post was edited by fshiteup at December 21, 2022 7:59 AM PST
    • 2 posts
    December 21, 2022 2:46 PM PST

To Castiel,

There are not any FPS issues, I turned on the fps counter just to make sure.

To fshiteup,

Yeah hopefully it goes away. I tried different browsers just now and had the exact same thing. Tried on my account and as a guest, neither worked. 

This post was edited by tyu1 at December 21, 2022 2:46 PM PST
    • 2098 posts
    December 21, 2022 4:14 PM PST
    Interesting. I’m unfamiliar with this bug.
    This post was edited by mindfreak at December 21, 2022 4:15 PM PST
    • 460 posts
    December 22, 2022 6:15 AM PST

Max said:

Update 1
    - Removed ability to detonate teammate's TrapMines
    - Increased shotgun bullet spread very slightly to make it less overpowered
    - Changed the 'PlasmaPistol' reload sound
    - Removed censorship if the word is a part of any of the player names in the Room

Significant update, I was really looking forward to the part where teammates can't destroy mines, it was always very annoying when the players on your team trolled you and destroyed it.

Just a minor suggestion, perhaps every time there is a new update a window can pop up in the game menu like:

"WHAT'S NEW"

'Version 2.7.4'   

And perhaps let other people know what's new in the game when they don't check the forums, because sometimes some members are clueless about what has changed in the update, since they join the game, they will know what's new from the update in the game menu.

• 250 posts
    December 22, 2022 6:22 AM PST
    Also please buff the ad rewards Max please
    • 652 posts
    December 22, 2022 7:38 AM PST

What are the ad rewards and how do you get it. I heard after watching an ad you have to do something then too

• 460 posts
    December 22, 2022 7:43 AM PST

I think you have to play for 10 minutes in a round in order to retrieve it or something like that.

• 954 posts
    December 22, 2022 12:01 PM PST

NO NOT THE SHOTGUN CHANGE! thats my fav weapon man. well... I haven't tried it yet. and max said "slightly". but how about auto vs shotgun now? it makes the shotgun even weaker than before against auto

• 507 posts
    December 22, 2022 12:31 PM PST
    The change to the shotgun restored it to how it has always been.
    • 954 posts
    December 22, 2022 12:39 PM PST

oh ok

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 23, 2022 5:50 AM PST

xXBigBadWolFXx said: Also please buff the ad rewards Max please

I agree, I wished that maybe just maybe I could afford upgrades to play for an hour without needing to grind for the hour I wanted to play to get them... But no! Dreams must always be shattered right infont of your eyes.......

• 2098 posts
    December 23, 2022 6:40 AM PST
    I wish there was an option to just permanently have them.
    • 954 posts
    December 23, 2022 11:59 AM PST

yeah. but it could be way too OP. not taking fall damage is a big one. also faster regeneration rate and a shield that doesn't break? too OP to be permanent

• 65 posts
    December 23, 2022 12:48 PM PST

Spacetrooper said:

yeah. but it could be way too OP. not taking fall damage is a big one. also faster regeneration rate and a shield that doesn't break? too OP to be permanent

Lmao even without upgrades you can take no fall damage, just jump before hitting the ground xdddddddddd

• 65 posts
    December 23, 2022 12:50 PM PST

Castiel said: I wish there was an option to just permanently have them.

Yeah same, only issue is shield abuse. But we're never gonna see a fix for that.

• 954 posts
    December 23, 2022 5:05 PM PST

unless Max makes it break or a cooldown

• 2098 posts
    December 23, 2022 5:06 PM PST
    Personally I would just not have the shield. I literally never use it.
    • 954 posts
    December 23, 2022 5:59 PM PST

eh, i don't too but it can be useful. but the point is that it should be not permanent

• 49 posts
    December 24, 2022 4:04 AM PST

Good discussion about the shield. Personally  I can count on one hand the amount of times I actually rented the upgraded suit.

As for the shield itself, I'm thinking it should both be slightly smaller (so opponents can opt to shoot for exposed limbs such as the feet, which is possible as of now, but difficult) and have a cooldown after absorbing a certain amount of damage. Or go even further, make the shield break completely after, turning it into a dispoable utility for each time you respawn.

This post was edited by fshiteup at December 24, 2022 4:05 AM PST
    • 954 posts
    December 24, 2022 10:24 AM PST

or who knows, maybe don't shoot the shield becuase it can deflect back at you with kenetic energy that is released after absorbing too much power. it could blast back a white wave of energy that goes through things to attack other people. but thats WAY too OP

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 24, 2022 11:04 AM PST

Or just remove shield in general, no idea why it exists because it's plain bullsht but yeah.

• 954 posts
    December 24, 2022 2:38 PM PST

I like the shield. its useful when you are getting ambushed. and about the upgrades: I want the gravity gun to be disabled while you have them. since its too OP when you have the gravity gun and upgrades. I also want you to jump higher than the double jump, since it makes it very OCD when you jump off of something with the upgrades and you barely make it and you fall. I want to jump high but no gravity gun. also weaken the carbine. you use no skill and its just an easy farming weapon. either remove it or do something about it

• 2098 posts
    December 24, 2022 3:04 PM PST
    False. You cannot get ambushed in warmerise because you can see the entire map and look through walls with third person.
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 24, 2022 3:06 PM PST

Castiel said: False. You cannot get ambushed in warmerise because you can see the entire map and look through walls with third person.

That's been pathththt... pathchchhcththth, phathh, *whispers* MAN DAMN. PATCHEHHHTH COUGHH 

• 2098 posts
    December 24, 2022 3:15 PM PST
    Oh sorry my bad. *takes a step back*