Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

The Removal of Third Person View

• September 5, 2017 9:06 AM PDT

- The Removal of Third Person View Thread -

I will provide some points here to prove how harmful 3rd person view is to Warmerise and how it makes the gameplay revolve around it. You can argue with me if you want, however I'd prefer if all replies here stayed civil instead of spilling toxic sewage all over the thread.

Why is 3rd person view harmful to the game?

In Warmerise, third person view allows you to see through solid objects, which means that certain spots let you camp while safely surveying the surroundings. It also plays a role in the double-shooting glitch, I won't specify details about it because we don't need more people using it.

Why is this bad?

It means that players who refuse to use 3rd person view (preference, not willing to use glitches) are essentially handicapped against users who use 3rd person view. Players who never use 3rd person are always in a major disadvantage, because other players can see them from a safe spot.

Also, third person view allows you to safely peek corners without exposing yourself at all - I am aware that this is present in other videogames, but in Warmerise, lack of regenerating health means that third person view users can safely peek and chip away other players' permanent health - slowly killing them - whilst staying completely safe.

Players mustn't be forced to use a certain setting just to be able to compete against players using it.

Does 3rd person view impact competitive play?

Of course it does, imagine a clan war held between two equally good clans.

Both have amazing players with great aim and gamesense, however there is one difference between them

- one of the clans does not use 3rd person due to personal preference.

As you've most probably guessed, the clan not using 3rd person view would suffer a defeat because the other clan used third person view to their advantage, peeking corners and viewing the entire map through a wall.

Third person view is nowadays a necessity in higher level gameplay, due to how often it is abused, this has been really evident during the recent Tournament, as during the matches you could see most players using third person view to peek through walls.

What can be done about it?

I see only 2 possible solutions to this.

1. Remove 3rd person view from Warmerise.

The game was doing perfectly fine without it, it's addition just caused more problems.

2. Fix 3rd person view in some way to make it *slightly* more fair.

For example, unallow the camera to clip through objects, meaning that it couldn't be used to view the majority of the map through a wall. However, peeking from cover would still be present.

----------

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, I appreciate all feedback, both positive - and negative.

Let's see if we can make a change once again (Jet collisions..)

~ Seth/BitSniping

This post was edited by Deleted Member at September 5, 2017 11:07 AM PDT
    • 507 posts
    September 5, 2017 9:43 AM PDT
    Any player not using third person is instantly sacrificing huge amounts of information on the enemy's position. Personally, I don't see a way to implement a third person camera and not have it be a feature you're required to use to be competitive, so my vote is to remove it.
    • 63 posts
    September 5, 2017 10:19 AM PDT

Personally, I don't enjoy playing Warmerise on the first person mode. Although the third person mode does give an advantage, I don't think it should be removed. The glitch where you can see through walls using it needs to be fixed though.

• 115 posts
    September 5, 2017 11:19 AM PDT

I also agree that 3rd person view is a disability to warmerise, for all the reason you've mentioned above I also agree with the removal of third person view, i've used it sometimes in order to not be in a disavantage with others (yup, im that kind of garbage :T ) and a shout out to all the players that use 3rd person view, it could help you to get some good scores and win battles (take 3rd person view in the tournament for example) but its not in the best interest for the game

This post was edited by Manager at September 5, 2017 11:19 AM PDT
    • 34 posts
    September 8, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

it explains a lot know

• 998 posts
    September 8, 2017 4:26 PM PDT

Third person mode has been slightly changed in WebGL version.
    Check screenshots below to see the difference:

Web Player: http://vvcap.com/0voGRuNEF6e
    WebGL: http://vvcap.com/vy0FLHuNHQx

As you can see in WebGL the view is slightly lower and closer to the center which reduces visibility.
    Also the issue with camera clipping through the walls is still there, but it will be fixed in the next update.

I'm currently waiting for Unity to fix the bug with sliders, after that WebGL version will completely replace the Web Player.
    NOTE: WebPlayer version will still be playable, there will be a link to switch back

This post was edited by Admin at September 8, 2017 4:28 PM PDT
  • September 16, 2017 4:49 PM PDT

Max said:

Third person mode has been slightly changed in WebGL version.
    Check screenshots below to see the difference:

Web Player: http://vvcap.com/0voGRuNEF6e
    WebGL: http://vvcap.com/vy0FLHuNHQx

As you can see in WebGL the view is slightly lower and closer to the center which reduces visibility.
    Also the issue with camera clipping through the walls is still there, but it will be fixed in the next update.

I'm currently waiting for Unity to fix the bug with sliders, after that WebGL version will completely replace the Web Player.
    NOTE: WebPlayer version will still be playable, there will be a link to switch back

But where is this WebG version?

• 34 posts
    September 18, 2017 2:11 PM PDT

chrome (watch the tab below, "try webgl")

• 102 posts
    September 18, 2017 5:31 PM PDT
    u guys really wanna kill warmerise
    • 507 posts
    September 18, 2017 7:38 PM PDT
    I want warmerise to be built on a technology that people can play without needing to install Firefox ESR or palemoon. WebGL isn't quite ready to be the only version, but the sooner it's ready, the better the game is for everyone.

Unless you're talking about third person, in which case I will probably stop playing if it continues to be exploitable.
    This post was edited by chronospectrum at September 18, 2017 7:39 PM PDT
    • 65 posts
    September 20, 2017 5:35 AM PDT

+1 remove it.

• 1 posts
    October 1, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

if max deletes the third person then the players  80 / -  will leave the game = then will never return to the old warmerise

those who want to get rid of the third person are playing very rarely, but every day they use the third person, they will not be able to play the game

Max , be Seriusly pls :D

• 609 posts
    October 1, 2017 6:35 AM PDT

+2 Remove it

• 4 posts
    October 1, 2017 9:28 AM PDT

Ow... :c I was starting to use it

• October 1, 2017 9:51 AM PDT

FreaK said:

if max deletes the third person then the players  80 / -  will leave the game = then will never return to the old warmerise

those who want to get rid of the third person are playing very rarely, but every day they use the third person, they will not be able to play the game

I assume that by "80 / -" you've meant 80%.

Still, I'm wondering where did you exactly get this statistic from.

• 609 posts
    October 1, 2017 10:14 AM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS7j5I6aOc

• 328 posts
    October 1, 2017 8:08 PM PDT
    3rd person is cancer. People use it to cheat to see through the walls and it's unfair to those who are playing seriously.

I'm not sure how this can be combatted but removal is the only thing I can think of as well.
    Unless adding some sort of "bounce off" collider can be added to third person camera, which bounces back when it hits a wall or some object of the game preventing players from seeing through objects.
    • 609 posts
    October 2, 2017 10:10 AM PDT

Zero said: 3rd person is cancer. People use it to cheat to see through the walls and it's unfair to those who are playing seriously. I'm not sure how this can be combatted but removal is the only thing I can think of as well. Unless adding some sort of "bounce off" collider can be added to third person camera, which bounces back when it hits a wall or some object of the game preventing players from seeing through objects.

you would still be able to pic around corners tho

• 65 posts
    October 3, 2017 2:17 PM PDT

FreaK said:

Seth said:

FreaK said:

I assume that by "80 / -" you've meant 80%.

Still, I'm wondering where did you exactly get this statistic from.

I bet you guys never played Old Warmerise at all,it was so good at the old days,maps helicopters Jetpacks and parkour challenges no ladders for lazy guys and no GRAVITY GUN dang i'm missing old warmerise.

• October 3, 2017 2:23 PM PDT
    And how does this relate to the thread?
    • 507 posts
    October 3, 2017 3:48 PM PDT
    It doesn't. He just wants to brag about how "good things used to be" instead of adding useful discussion about how to improve the game in the future.
    • 609 posts
    March 7, 2018 5:50 PM PST

Just wanted to leave another thing in here

Suggestion 

hability to change between 1st and 3rd person view only outside of game/match

this is a measure to prevent that sneaky tatic of camping on a corner and alternate between 1st and 3rd person view to see enemies coming

• 3 posts
    March 15, 2018 3:01 PM PDT

Honestly? 3rd person view is in literally every game at this point. Even in games that are way more competetive, and no one complains. Idk why people complain about it here, I play with 3rd person mode in 80% of my gameplay, and trust me, that soemtimes it can reallly be a disadvantage. For example in closed combat areas.

• 609 posts
    March 15, 2018 4:47 PM PDT

BigeCZ said:

Honestly? 3rd person view is in literally every game at this point. Even in games that are way more competetive, and no one complains. Idk why people complain about it here, I play with 3rd person mode in 80% of my gameplay, and trust me, that soemtimes it can reallly be a disadvantage. For example in closed combat areas.

agree, but the ability to sneak around corners and camp on spots that allow you to have a great advantage its kinda 'lame'

tho i think that if a player is 'forced' to go throught the game with one view mode the thing kinda evens out like you said and i agree

but ig that for that to work i would like to see the option to change between these two only outside the game, this wau you prevent to take advantaje from both

• March 15, 2018 11:06 PM PDT

+3 from Kosiarz guys