Forums » Custom Skins

Help with making skins

• 13 posts
    October 24, 2017 9:34 AM PDT

I have  acouple questions

1. when creating skins I can't download programs or anything so is there any other alternatives to the 3d model thing or any alternatives to blender but online, I know there is only a low chance.

2. Where are the models for these guns??? (example l115a3)

3. Is ther ANYWHERE where the textures of weapons are simplified instead of the really confusing one they allow you to download, like l115a3 without the textures on it instead just black out lines?

• 328 posts
    October 25, 2017 9:10 AM PDT

1 - Creating Skins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8xRPNNUqY

2 - Models of the guns are in:

Play Now -> Armory Menu -> Custom Skins -> Created Skins -> Create  New Skin

3 - Those are called UV Maps. You are welcome to create your own maps if you want.

• 13 posts
    October 25, 2017 10:20 AM PDT

I think you read my question way to quickly

1. notice I said I can't download things such and blender and unity3d 3d modeling programs, so then I ask is there any alternatives that are on the browser

2. are you saying those textures they allow you to download are the 3d models? if not im looking for the 3d models not the textures

3. what is a UV map

This post was edited by eZumby at October 25, 2017 10:21 AM PDT
    • 328 posts
    October 25, 2017 10:25 AM PDT

My bad. I did read the question fairly quick.

1 - You can use online paint programs for customizing your skin.

2 -  If I recall correctly, Max did upload the models as well. I may be wrong about it but if I'm wrong about it, most of the models are somewhat free so you can easily find them on Unity's asset store (Unity required which relates back to question 1 since you will be needing Unity or blender to test your custom skin.).

3 - UV is what is basically used to wrap a 3d object using a 2d texture.

• 13 posts
    October 25, 2017 11:26 AM PDT

Ok thank you :)

Ill see what I can about the unity issue, but by chance do you know or think there is any browser 3d modeling programs? probably not but you never know.

• 328 posts
    November 1, 2017 10:27 AM PDT

I haven't come across any browser based 3d Modelling program. Even if there was one, it would required twice as much power to run since your browser needs memory and the program running in browser may required extra memory.

• 1 posts
    April 14, 2021 7:12 AM PDT

what are uv maps it say this is not a valid uv map?

Please help

• 172 posts
    May 6, 2021 6:21 AM PDT

what are uv maps it say this is not a valid uv map? if you get this error mesage usually means that you may have covered the 2 validation pixels which Max has placed in the UV map to authentic it.

Suggestion is best to zoom in all the way in so you can see these 2 blue pixel points, then you will know where not to cover when you paint.

• 2 posts
    May 26, 2021 8:36 AM PDT