Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Wrong Using Mines

• January 27, 2017 1:24 PM PST

Players often use mines in the wrong way, when they see the other player they spam "v". It doesn't look like a "trap"... I've answer to that :) Mines shouldn't be active to explosion at once after put their - When player press "v", the trap can explode after until 3 seconds. What you think about it guys? Trap will be looks like time bomb with nice sounds efects!

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 27, 2017 4:17 PM PST
    • 328 posts
    January 27, 2017 2:03 PM PST

No. Many of us will forget and be confused about why haven't our mines exploded throughout the whole gameplay.

• January 27, 2017 4:18 PM PST

Zero said:

No. Many of us will forget and be confused about why haven't our mines exploded throughout the whole gameplay.

YES! 3 seconds isn't long time. Initially Trap Mines were planned to putting traps near doors, vehicles (tactical operations)... Imagine noob who put mine next to you and run... It sounds like a JOKE!! I want to know what Max think about it. 

• 11 posts
    January 27, 2017 4:30 PM PST

Kosiarz, buddy. I've seen you giving Max a suggestion on a topic called "Spectator problem" made by Zero. What you talked about was spec jumping (what to do prevent it) and here you complain of wrong use of trap mines. In past week I've seen you in a server doing two things. First. You literally droped off trap mine from the air on your target and ran away with gravity. Second. Same match, about two minutes later I joined the opposite team, got you hurt (done maybe 50-70 damage), was about to hit you for another time, however you went to spec and took my kill on you away. Within few seconds, you came back to your team with full hp and a death less. Real proof of spec jumping. Don't get me wrong, most of people are doing this but I can't understand you.. Dropping a mine from the air and running away, why do you call it wrong if you done and probably still do that yourself? Why jump-in-spec once you get hurt (can't say you do it often, but i've seen you once which is enough) and later give ideas how to stop spec jumping and stuff. Just to make people like you for giving ideas? Lol

• January 27, 2017 4:40 PM PST

MrRen said:

Kosiarz, buddy. I've seen you giving Max a suggestion on a topic called "Spectator problem" made by Zero. What you talked about was spec jumping (what to do prevent it) and here you complain of wrong use of trap mines. In past week I've seen you in a server doing two things. First. You literally droped off trap mine from the air on your target and ran away with gravity. Second. Same match, about two minutes later I joined the opposite team, got you hurt (done maybe 50-70 damage), was about to hit you for another time, however you went to spec and took my kill on you away. Within few seconds, you came back to your team with full hp and a death less. Real proof of spec jumping. Don't get me wrong, most of people are doing this but I can't understand you.. Dropping a mine from the air and running away, why do you call it wrong if you done and probably still do that yourself? Why jump-in-spec once you get hurt (can't say you do it often, but i've seen you once which is enough) and later give ideas how to stop spec jumping and stuff. Just to make people like you for giving ideas? Lol

Man... I don't have mines... You can check my profile! And sometimes I jumping to spec when child is crying. You don't understand me (

• January 27, 2017 4:49 PM PST

I'm not jumping to spec to run. I am not want to be killing when I must leave game at moment. I've much duties sometimes, and often smoking. Join spec is good way when I find good server, especially if slots can be busy.

Please do not teach me playing, omitting spectator etc. I can eat you in the game, you know it:)

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 27, 2017 4:53 PM PST
    • 11 posts
    January 27, 2017 6:04 PM PST
    Of course
    • 609 posts
    January 29, 2017 4:44 AM PST

OMG i tottaly agree! plus gravity+mines=shitty play style,

totally agree should totally do it

• 609 posts
    January 29, 2017 4:45 AM PST

do a poll about this

And let us know

• January 29, 2017 1:11 PM PST

@STERBEN99: Thanks

• 6 posts
    February 5, 2017 1:49 AM PST

Some players with gravity gun are the most anoying. The teleport too you with grav,put a mine and teleport away. I think you are right.

• 609 posts
    February 5, 2017 6:57 AM PST

ViolentLion said:

Some players with gravity gun are the most anoying. The teleport too you with grav,put a mine and teleport away. I think you are right.

those guys are the worst

• February 5, 2017 7:26 AM PST

The worst are those who are in close fight and see that they will lose duel - put mines and run... But still Max didn't notice it

• 609 posts
    February 5, 2017 8:06 AM PST

Kosiarz said:

The worst are those who are in close fight and see that they will lose duel - put mines and run... But still Max didn't notice it

yeah but sometimes you can kill them before the mine explode and the effect is off

• 20 posts
    February 5, 2017 9:43 AM PST

Not because if not in the spawn would put mines and when they appear the players will explode although algan 3 seconds

• 254 posts
    February 5, 2017 9:50 AM PST

Let's see...

A mine is there to kill players. Plain and simple. Unless you're talking about someone - in some way - hacking with them, then ANY legitimate use of them in-game means they're being used for their purpose.

Putting 3 of them down in the same spot? Guess what. That means they've used all of their mines until they respawn. If you get killed going past them don't whine about it, just keep playing.

Placing mine and running away {normal or with Gravity Gun}? Seriously? Who the bloody blazes wants to stick around to be killed by their own mine?!? It's completely ridiculous to expect someone to place their mine and stay put. Certainly I'm not thrilled when someone uses a Gravity Gun to zoom over me and drop a mine on me from above. But that's just part of the game. No reason to get ticked off about it. Become better then do something about it in-game. If you're good enough to shoot the person as they approach then they'll quickly learn not to do that to you so much.

Granted, I have no official status but all I see in this thread are complaints about completely legitimate uses of the mines. Hard to imagine any official action on any of it. But it's not my game so I could be wrong.

• February 5, 2017 10:42 AM PST

Omg, many of you still don't udnerstand... Mine will explode in the same moment when opponent steps on it!!

• 254 posts
    February 5, 2017 11:27 AM PST

Mine gets put down. Enemy steps close to it. Mine pops up and explodes.

This takes about a second {approximately} from when you step close enough to when it explodes. It might seem immediate from your perspective due to server lag & your own FPS. At the moment there's just no way around that and it's going to keep happening until a way is figured out to get rid of the lag.

Just play the best you can and try to avoid the traps - though I find that hard to do since I'm constantly rushing into the thick of battle and don't often see them.