Forums » Help & Tips

Strategy Guide for Red Team: Bunker

• February 11, 2017 11:23 AM PST

Hello fellow player, the following guide will help you in annihilation of other players on Bunker.

Index:

1. Overview;

2. Strategies;

3. Conclusion

1. Overview

This picture shows the whole Bunker from above, it shows;

- Spawnpoints, represented by team colour.

- Routes, represented by red arrows.

- Deadzones, represented by black colour.

I'll explain each.

Spawnpoints don't need any explanation - players spawn on their position. Both teams have multiple spawnpoints. (I'll update the picture real soon, thanks EpicTroll2!)

Each route will be explained later on, in the Strategy section.

Deadzones are areas that you should avoid - they render you either as a easy target, or are completely useless. The only deadzone on Bunker is an inaccessible area.

This time, the map is not divided into sections, instead, each spot of the map has a callout name, which you can use to precisely inform your teammates with about enemy locations. I'll explain each section below.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at February 11, 2017 2:50 PM PST
  • February 11, 2017 11:24 AM PST

Blue Backdoor is the location of a Blue spawnpoint, it is some sort of a storage room, it has various shelves which you can use as cover, one of them is a small crawlspace.

Backroute is an empty area useful for retreating or rotating between Blue spawn locations, it provides no cover.

Trapdoor is a Blue spawnpoint, which opens up access to Under (which leads to Cave), it is perfect for flanking the Blue Team as long as nobody is watching the ladder.

Under is a corridor below the main level, it provides no cover, and you need to climb ladders to get back to the main level. Perfect flank route.

Blue Main Spawn is, as the name suggests, the main room of the Blue team. It is fairly small, and has a Armory Spot in the middle, some shelves that can provide some cover, and small crates that you can hide underneath. You can jump around there with a Mini-G or a Flamethrower to completely destroy the enemy team.

Main Corridor is the area where the most action occurs, as both teams can access it quickly. It is a straight open corridor leading to both teams' spawns. It provides some cover in form of stacked crates scattered across the entire corridor, and allows you to instantly access the Cave and Under as well.

Boulder is the second area that might be counted as a flank route, it is easily recognisable by an enormous boulder sticking out of the wall. It provides little cover, you can hide behind the boulder and corners, there also is a little stack of crates you can duck behind.

Cave is the Red Team's entrance to the Under, and a side entrance to the Main Corridor as well. It is nearly never used by the Blue Team, so usually it is safe to move through. It provides no cover and it is a narrow space, beware RPG's and Flamethrowers.

Red Spawn is the main area where the Red Team spawns at, it provides a lot of cover behind pillars and crates, you can access the Main Corridor, Boulder and the Canyon from here.

Crates are a small area of Canyon, as the name suggests, the place is full of crates, it leads straight to Boulder, Canyon or the Red Spawn. Crates provide an effective cover.

Canyon is the Red Team's equivalent to the Blue Backdoor. It is the only "open" area of the map. The Canyon provides some cover in form of random crates and if you can jump around a bit you can climb up the walls and have a height advantage over flankers, or any threat, really. Canyon contains the second and last Armory Spot on the map. Beware Blue fankers, as they reach this area straight from the Cave.

• February 11, 2017 11:25 AM PST

2. Strategies

This map mostly resolves around close-quarter combat, so weapons such as the RPG, Flamethrower and Mini-G are the most effective in here. Before moving through the Main Corridor, ensure that it's clear of enemy players lurking behind the crates by throwing a grenade or prefiring the corners.

It is really difficult to provide any strategies for this map, as it is quite limited. You can use the Under to easily flank the Blue Spawnpoints and spawncamp, put down Trapmines near or at entrances to rooms, or straight behind corners to surprise the enemy.

Never stay still. Players from other team will most probably run around the whole map and shoot while moving, you should do the same, since it is recommended to use the automatic weapons, such as rifles or flamethrowers, which require less precision than Sniper Rifles and Plasma Guns.

However, you can use a Plasma Gun or any other sniper rifle to snipe down the Main Corridor and restrict the access to your spawn.

3. Overview

Bunker is a map designed for close quarter combat, so be sure to take a automatic weapon, and rush!

Or sit back, and snipe any unfortunate soul on the Main Corridor.

Oh, and one more thing - beware flankers!

Happy killing!

~ Seth

(PS: Please correct me if the number of spawnpoints or anything else is wrong, feedback is really welcome as well! <3 )

This post was edited by Deleted Member at February 11, 2017 11:29 AM PST
  • February 11, 2017 12:24 PM PST

Nice Job

• 281 posts
    February 11, 2017 2:13 PM PST
    Cool.
    • 281 posts
    February 11, 2017 2:22 PM PST
    Spawnpoints for blue in both side of backdoor, 1 in Backroute, 1 in Boulder and at the door between main spawn and corridor. For red there are spawnpoints in whole canyon area
  • February 11, 2017 2:36 PM PST

Thanks a lot! I don't play on Bunker, so I wasn't aware of that! ^^'

• 281 posts
    February 11, 2017 2:46 PM PST
    You're welcome.
    • 260 posts
    February 11, 2017 3:04 PM PST

Very well done Bits!

• February 11, 2017 3:06 PM PST

Thanks matt! Soon I'll probably make 2 more, one with Area (simple) and one.. about SecretLab.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at February 12, 2017 8:55 AM PST
    • 65 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:19 AM PST

Owhh so cool idea.

GOOD LUCK BRAH :)

• February 15, 2017 6:54 AM PST

Thanks! I am definitely continuing this project.

• 610 posts
    February 18, 2017 6:57 AM PST

Nice Seth. I don't like Bunker so i thought this would help. It did a little bit. Thanks for the tips.