Forums » Help & Tips

Tips on how to make a successful clan

• 196 posts
    December 4, 2020 6:12 AM PST

I've decided to create this thread since I've seen so many people creating new clans and making clan forum topics.

And as someone who's being in the game for so long and being a leader for 7 years and a half I think I can give you some tips on how to improve your clans. This is an open thread if any other experienced clan leader wants to give his opinion it's very much welcome.

1. Don't put yourself on top.

You're probably thinking, but I am the leader. Yes, but putting all the clan's power in one person isn’t the greatest idea. It's kind of a dictatorship.

Having no support or help from others is a tough task since it's only you who will be making the decisions without taking into account how the rest of the members feel. You will be bound to make more mistakes and the blame is going to be put onto you when things go wrong. So we could also say communication with your clan members is key too.

2. Experience

Many people hurry into making their own clan, but you have to be highly experienced in the game to start a successful clan. Learn how the community works, join some clan for a period of time so you can learn how clans work and how you could improve the things your leader might be doing wrong. Even being a leader myself for 7 years and a half I still learn new things from other’s mistakes and my own as well.

A clan will normally follow the leader's tactics in-game and in the game as a whole, so if you're not experienced your members have basically nothing to learn from you.

3. Leadership, responsibility, maturity and modesty.

In order to be a good leader, these 4 words must define you as a player.

Not everyone is fit to be a leader, you must be able to make people listen to you, follow the rules you make for the clan and be respected by your clanmates.

Responsibility is one of the most important qualities since being the leader means you are responsible for all the problems your clan members cause to the community.

Maturity is highly required since sometimes dealing with some clan members is like dealing with children, you will have to act mature when there is conflicts between clan members, try to cool things down and you will sometimes have to handle problems with other clans.

Modesty is probably the most lacking quality I see in most of the new clan leaders. Don't talk down to your members, treat everyone as an equal, don't act all high and mighty just because you are the leader and at last but not least respect your members and take their opinion into consideration.

4. Incentives

Rewarding your members for staying loyal to the clan, good clan war performances and doing things right is the best way to fuel the players in your clans to do better both inside and outside the servers. This can be done for example with a ranking system, where your members get to be more involved with the clan by either, being allowed to recruit new members, organizing clan wars, or any task of your choice which at the same times reliefs the burden from the leader’s shoulders.

5. Branding

A clan is similar to a business, in order for it to be popular it must have something special about the clan that makes it be easy to be remembered and instantly recognizable.

Sticking to a logo and not changing it every couple weeks.

Making an appealing forum thread where you tell your clan's story, how you came up with the idea, your goals as a clan, memberlist and roles.

I’d advice having a color that represents your clan for example if I think about RK back in 2013-2014 they used red-wine colour a lot in their profile pictures, the logo, the color they used in their forums. Or my clan for example uses orange and black as our main colours.

There’s many other things that you can do to make your clan easy to tell apart from every other clan there is. So any other ideas you can come up with will be great in terms of improving your clan's image and making it more popular.

P.s- Max has already done a lot in terms of fixing the high amount of clans that were being created by making it necessary top ay 50.000 cash in order to create a clan. But I still think something else could be done like having some sort of clan approval requirements, people only being allowed to be in 1-3 clans at a time or something of his liking and own crafting.
    There’s way too many clans and many of them even share the same members which makes the competitive aspect of the game worse as a whole and there being some requirements which might cause for there to be only 30-40 clans but high quality instead like in BeGone, which in my opinion would help the competitive side of Warmerise.

• 14 posts
    December 4, 2020 6:16 AM PST

lol

• 493 posts
    December 4, 2020 11:16 AM PST

Erlaanz , is no true . rly , for make a good clan , JUST BE PRO ( same you )

• 493 posts
    December 5, 2020 9:59 AM PST

Zeqso said: YSS YOU ARE IN THE TRUTH KAZO JUST BE PRO

yes , i need creat a clan too ... but , i am no pro :) and all pro who join my clan leave ...

• 83 posts
    December 12, 2020 12:22 AM PST

how can i make my own clan bros tell me???

This post was edited by Anekil at December 12, 2020 12:23 AM PST
    • 196 posts
    December 12, 2020 8:51 AM PST

Rusher said:

You can create your own clan in the Clans section where it says Create New Clan, but in order to do so you need to pay 25.000 Warmerise Cash.

This post was edited by Erlaanz at December 12, 2020 8:53 AM PST
    • 27 posts
    December 17, 2020 7:08 AM PST

Sad ... @Rusher , I think It's better for you to start by joining and being loyal to a clan. Later when you may be better, it will be the day to create one.

• 83 posts
    December 17, 2020 10:10 AM PST

thx bro

• 21 posts
    January 26, 2021 7:09 PM PST

Erlaanz said:

Rusher said:

You can create your own clan in the Clans section where it says Create New Clan, but in order to do so you need to pay 25.000 Warmerise ****.

THAT MANY UPDATES!!!