Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Chat timeout

• 22 posts
    March 4, 2021 7:55 PM PST

That chat timeout is a bit extra. What was wrong with it before? There wasn't much spamming... in fact, as far as I saw there wasn't any. It's really annoying, but maybe that's just me

If anyone else agrees with me, feel free to comment and keep this post updated so Max sees it... hopefully he'll take it down, or at least reduce it a bit

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    March 4, 2021 11:51 PM PST

Bandito said:

That chat timeout is a bit extra. What was wrong with it before? There wasn't much spamming... in fact, as far as I saw there wasn't any. It's really annoying, but maybe that's just me

If anyone else agrees with me, feel free to comment and keep this post updated so Max sees it... hopefully he'll take it down, or at least reduce it a bit

Max said "Cooldown is a temporary solution until the next update, which will bring some improvements to the chat system." (here https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/1780/warmerise-2-6-4/view/post_id/24925 if you were wondering), So maybe it will fix this, Personally I find that this conflicts allot with the character limit, some of us playing with friends type longer messages to avoid spamming chat, but can't really do it either way because of the low character limit, then we are forced to send 2 or even 3 messages.

The chat should be somewhat slightly spamable due to low chacter type limit, If someone abuses the spam then thats where the block button comes in, it was added long ago and blocks all messages from a certain user you've blcked.. it was added for a reason.